Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 08:19 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,954,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Benghazi was given virtual non-stop coverage by Fox News for months, but intelligent people realized it was a non-issue, and they got there long before the nine Republican led pretend investigations finally concluded that as well. So no, merely sensationalizing an issue won't always make people care about it if the "issue" is rooted in mere politics.

And before I get barraged with right winger outrage, I'm not saying the attack on the Benghazi compound is a non-issue, but the pretend investigations in perpetuity certainly proved to be. The electorate was smart enough to realize that, which is why it never achieved the level of outrage that the right so dearly hoped for.
You believe Fox News constitutes "the media" - Fox is simply a place for those that recognize bias and want to see things from a different perspective. It's existence is probably the biggest testament to media bias existing. The vast majority of people don't even think about bias - they probably assume that news is news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 08:22 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,037,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
A solid post convention bounce for Mrs Clinton, 7 points clear in the recent CBS poll. One of her better ones

CBS news
Clinton 47
Trump 39

Did Hillary Clinton get a post-convention bump? - CBS News

So Trumps response surely should be to change course and concentrate on the GDP numbers, the economy etc?

No instead he decides to spend time this morning talking about his feud with the Khans again, keeping the story in the news.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump "Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same - Nice!"

Brainless stuff. Looks like he plans to be talking about this all week.
Apparently, you don't realize it's idiots like George Stephanopoulos who keep asking him about the Khan thing. If Trump decided to stop answering idiotic questions and accusations, you'd jump all over him for dodging the issue.

He can't win with people like you, and he doesn't care. Nor do I.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:36 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,060,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Apparently, you don't realize it's idiots like George Stephanopoulos who keep asking him about the Khan thing. If Trump decided to stop answering idiotic questions and accusations, you'd jump all over him for dodging the issue.

He can't win with people like you, and he doesn't care. Nor do I.
to be fair, George also asked him about Ukraine and Crimea and Trump ****ed that up as well

Old 08-01-2016, 08:38 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,782,249 times
I'm not too worry. Apparently Barrack didn't know USA has only 50 states and he was weak in foreign policy, according to Joe Biden, he was still elected. In fact he was weak with the economy too, 8 years later, can't blame Bush any more, we have almost zero growth in our GDP.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
People answer un-caller-IDed phone calls?

I see you also believe only polls that support your candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
After the miscalculation of the U.K. BREXIT predictions, and the opportunity for polling to be slanted in so many ways, it is probably best to remember that the poll that counts is at the ballot box.

Um hmm. Meanwhile we had a BIG thread on here about Trump's 'bump' wherein all the conservatives were crowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is one "probability" for you.... There are still 3 months left until election day. That is a WHOLE lot of time for Trump to continue to stick his foot in his mouth (something he does 5.6 times a day........6.8 on the weekends). If there are Los Vegas odds on whether Trump will do something really stupid again, I would take that bet.

The man simply has zero self control and his feathers get ruffled very easily. He is like an angry 7 year old and stomps and holds his breath any time someone disagrees with him. Just the guy we want with the nuclear codes, isn't it ?

(If he does win, I bet they only pretend to give him he real codes........no sane person would give this idiot access to the REAL ones !)

Don

I agree. He's SO STUPID! Now, McCain, McConnell, and Ryan have all come forward to denounce their candidate AGAIN because of his stupid, hateful, and just idiotic comments about the soldier that was killed.

It scares me that he cannot keep his mouth shut - no matter WHAT. There are sometimes you have to be willing to take criticism or let it roll off your back - especially in that job where half the country will hate you no matter who you are!

Did Hillary come out and denounce the mother who was screaming that she should be put in jail?

No! She kept her mouth shut - the prudent thing to do when talking about SOMEONE'S DEAD SON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
i predicted she'll be up 5 at the end of the week and it's going that way.

this and attacking the muslim father are going to hurt him bad

He should apologize and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Boy, this is strange.

The type of methologies used in this poll were perfectly fine with the Trump supporters here last week, and the results of last week's poll were thought to be highly predictive of the actual election outcome.

But now, not so much.

How about some logical consistency? Too much to ask?

Mick

Trump supporters and 'logical consistency' do not go hand in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
to be fair, George also asked him about Ukraine and Crimea and Trump ****ed that up as well
Which ~ just drove me insane. He knew those questions were coming in light of all the focus on Russia AND he had been asked those questions last week and still he knew nothing.

He reminds me of Col. Klink

Old 08-01-2016, 08:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,093,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Which ~ just drove me insane. He knew those questions were coming in light of all the focus on Russia AND he had been asked those questions last week and still he knew nothing.

He reminds me of Col. Klink
He reminds me of that other know-nothing Republican, Sarah Palin. Put that down as one of those things that make you go !

Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM

1,683 posts, read 814,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He reminds me of that other know-nothing Republican, Sarah Palin. Put that down as one of those things that make you go !
Good point.

The poll that counts is in November and will end with an electoral college landslide win for Clinton-Kaine.

Bookmark this post and save it for November if you don't believe it.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM

465 posts, read 257,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I'm not too worry. Apparently Barrack didn't know USA has only 50 states and he was weak in foreign policy, according to Joe Biden, he was still elected. In fact he was weak with the economy too, 8 years later, can't blame Bush any more, we have almost zero growth in our GDP.
Not true:

The Obama economy: 10 key stats - Jul. 28, 2016

I'm sure those hard stats, which are calculated the same regardless of political climate or affiliation, will mean nothing to you because "Murica" and "dirty liberals", but you should at least have the facts.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Some more facts=
https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/14...ople-Dont-Know

Old 08-01-2016, 09:50 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,243,047 times
**********s sound just like their hero - whine, lie, exaggerate, whine, lie, exaggerate. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Yes, of course they lauded the polls that gave Donnie a post convention bounce while decrying the ones that show the same thing for Hillary. We get it, you are scared. But the reality is that more Americans are even more scared of a President Trump, and that's why he will lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections