Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:31 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times

Advertisements

Democracy in the United States is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 07:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I do believe this post is correct, many of the middle American Silent majority types have had it with left wing nonsense and PC. Donald Trumps flaunting his politically incorrect speech in the face of the left is the sole reason he gained so much support. I detest political correctness and the left in general, I would love to see the right person smash this group. However I need that person to be intelligent and qualified which Trump is not. Calling it as you see it is good, saying illegal immigrants commit crimes and bring trouble to our nation is correct, implying all Mexican Americans are criminals is wrong and un American. Also publically saying that banning an entire religious group from our nation is also clearly un-constitutional. If he would have said we should ban immigration from nations with high amounts of terrorism then that would make sense. (I heard he has revised his Muslim ban to something on this order now) This idiot does not think before he speaks, and we need our President to do that. It is fine to be politically incorrect but you must be correct in what you say. Oh and don't get me started on the feuds he loves to engage in, Presidents of the United States do not do that. The latest feud is with those Muslim Gold Star parents, what a disgrace. I could never vote for him now no matter what. Our leader cannot go around disrespecting our fallen veterans. The sad thing is I now am resigned to the fact that the criminal Hillary Clinton will be President, she will further the liberal agenda and she will appoint 3 or 4 supreme court justices. This clown has cost the nation and the Republican party dearly. Both Trump and Clinton are also a good lesson for those who sat home during their primary and those who did not pay close attention to what the candidates are saying and what they have done. Neither of these people are fit to be President, both have major personality flaws and in the case of Trump he is completely unprepared for the job. Our nation is in big trouble, I hope most Americans are beginning to wake up to this reality.
You're retracting your support for Trump b/c of the Khan situation? Did you even read his tweets? There were (4) total tweets (I checked) about Khan and they were VERY benign. As far as I can tell, the most 'reprehensible' thing he said about Khan was the implication that his wife stayed silent b/c the family is Muslim (though he said it more indirectly).

I didn't pay the issue much attention (as it's silly) but have been looking into it retroactively after seeing the polls switch so dramatically. Honestly, I'm not seeing even a minor deal.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yes sure--- how much of his shyte is Overseas now... let him bring his stuff home first!! then talk about jobs-- how much he getting from his investment OS ahh well now we change the tune-- let's hear it-- starts with--capitalism bla bla
I'm curious why those who have a problem with capitalism, have no problem with illegals. You'd think one would understand that importing cheap labor is definitely more harmful

Old 08-05-2016, 07:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Democracy in the United States is dead.
And americans cheered on its demise in the name of "gotta beat that other side"..

Old 08-05-2016, 07:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy.

I thought we had checks and balances so 1 person could not be an undue influence. You know, that whole 3 branches of government thing?
We do but Trump will continue Obama policy of executive order to pass laws he wants but are stalled in congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections