Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 06:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Um, did you not know how he got his start? It is as if you guys know nothing about his past, but just blindly follow him and cheer every stupid thing he says....actually it doesn't surprise me that the Trumpettes don't know his past.
Donald Trump didnt get his name by becoming a slumlord, his dad own the "questionable" real estate. Donald Trump made a name for himself by selling MULTI MILLION DOLLAR properties.

if thats slum to you, then bravo on your success, but many people would disagree.

Why dont you just stop acting all high and mighty..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did you forget what you said?
You dont know the difference between asking a question, note the "Question mark", vs making a statement?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The problem with that is that no one believes what Trump claims he has given away, and he refuses to provide proof.

DONALD TRUMP’S CHARITABLE GIVING CLAIMS SURE LOOK LIKE A SHAM

"Publicly available records for the Trump Foundation show that the real estate mogul has donated very little of his own money to his charity. Even more damning is the fact that few of those donations have gone to legitimate charitable causes, unless you count Trump’s own social interests and society galas as charities."
Note keyword in your quote

OWN MONEY..

Not only do you not understand the difference between a question and a statement, but now you dont know the difference between MONEY, and real estate..

Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Note keyword in your quote

OWN MONEY..

Not only do you not understand the difference between a question and a statement, but now you dont know the difference between MONEY, and real estate..
Well the dems don't understand that if you don't earn any income, you don't pay any income tax.

They also think you can somehow determine net worth with tax returns.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:45 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well the dems don't understand that if you don't earn any income, you don't pay any income tax.

They also think you can somehow determine net worth with tax returns.
Well that seems to be a lie on your part, there is plenty one can learn from tax returns, like how much income was earned, if any, we can also see what tax breaks he might of used. We can also see his charitable donations, if any, since I believe he has claimed to have donated a lot to charities.

Though releasing them just takes away any bit of questions that people might have about him and thus turns tax returns into a non-issue. Not releasing tax returns makes it look like he has something to hide from the public, thus makes it an issue.

Since I am sure you wish this to be a non-issue, you too should be all for him to release his tax returns and be done with it.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Well that seems to be a lie on your part, there is plenty one can learn from tax returns, like how much income was earned, if any, we can also see what tax breaks he might of used. We can also see his charitable donations, if any, since I believe he has claimed to have donated a lot to charities.

Though releasing them just takes away any bit of questions that people might have about him and thus turns tax returns into a non-issue. Not releasing tax returns makes it look like he has something to hide from the public, thus makes it an issue.

Since I am sure you wish this to be a non-issue, you too should be all for him to release his tax returns and be done with it.
He's already released a list of properties he's donated, and while the values might be exaggerated, the IRS has no issue with them.

This whole "release them and be done with it" is hogwash.. You guys dont give a crap about them in reality.. its just something to whine about. I doubt any of you even looked at Romneys taxes..

Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:

I have no interest in any politician's tax returns.

It wasn't until this year that I ever saw a politician's tax returns, and it was because someone posted them in a thread I was reading on this forum.

The whole tax return thing is a non-issue because there is nothing in returns that is even remotely relevant.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He's already released a list of properties he's donated, and while the values might be exaggerated, the IRS has no issue with them.

This whole "release them and be done with it" is hogwash.. You guys dont give a crap about them in reality.. its just something to whine about. I doubt any of you even looked at Romneys taxes..
So he claims, though that doesn't prove he has actually donated to any of those groups. Actually I do remember looking at the tax returns Romney had released, I have even looked at what McCain and Bush had released as well. It is very informative, though typically a non-issue once they are released because typically there is nothing wrong in them.

Though when someone refuses to release them, that makes people speculate that there might be something Trump is trying to hide from the public.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I have no interest in any politician's tax returns.

It wasn't until this year that I ever saw a politician's tax returns, and it was because someone posted them in a thread I was reading on this forum.

The whole tax return thing is a non-issue because there is nothing in returns that is even remotely relevant.
That's cool, then you don't have to concern yourself with their tax returns. I on the other hand am very interested in them.

Here are Hillary Clinton's tax returns.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/tax-returns/

On a side note, I would like to see Jill Stein and Gary Johnson to release their tax returns as well.

This is the first year you have ever heard of a politician releasing their tax returns? How young are you? This has been a common practice in presidential elections for decades, since the 70s if I am not mistaken.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
That's cool, then you don't have to concern yourself with their tax returns. I on the other hand am very interested in them.

Here are Hillary Clinton's tax returns.
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/page/tax-returns/

On a side note, I would like to see Jill Stein and Gary Johnson to release their tax returns as well.

This is the first year you have ever heard of a politician releasing their tax returns? How young are you? This has been a common practice in presidential elections for decades, since the 70s if I am not mistaken.
This is not the first time I've heard of tax returns being released, this year is the first time that I've ever seen a politician's returns. I haven't seen them in the past because I don't care what's in their returns because there is nothing in them that is relevant.

It's just like most of the election process, it's just a dog, and pony show to distract people from what is actually relevant.

We've got major issues in this country, and you are worried about how much Trump gave to charity last year.

Sorry, but I just don't care how much money someone made, or how much they gave to charity last year, I worried about what they are going to do about the problems facing the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections