Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 06:48 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If you read and listen here, it is just as desperate: Steel mill says Clinton visit was not staged - Story | WTAJ Pretty much the same thing as they bused people in. All employees were invited but only 20 were interested. Campaign workers were in the audience and other unions were invited. Yeah, I have a big event and play on that I invited other people but if they didn't show up........

As we know, well, some of us, it isn't surprising because so many have lost their jobs in the steel industry, even CNN was willing to put it out there in this article: The crisis facing the U.S. steel industry (Opinion) - CNN.com More than 12,000 jobs have been lost in the steel industry in the last year and more will be lost if Clinton is elected. The business has went to China.

The facts are in the article above. Campaign workers, 20 employees from the steel mill and others were INVITED. Being INVITED is not the same as being there. People interested in keeping their jobs, unless they are illegal aliens or have overstayed their visas, are not getting behind someone that will watch as "Obama by proxy" our jobs continue to leave the country.

That's what my math tells me. I figure the 20 left were probably staying to wait for a ride, carpooling with someone that worked in another facility, wife or husband going to pick them up at the regular time.
I will point out, in case you are interested, that the Obama administration has been reacting to the fact that China (much like Japan in the 1960s and 70s, which I well remember, since my family was once involved in the business) was 'dumping' steel into the United States.

Here the Administration imposed a 500 percent tariff on Chinese steel, which the Chinese have objected to:
U.S. hikes duties on Chinese steel to more than 500% - May. 18, 2016

The European Union has followed suit:

EU Imposes Fresh Anti-Dumping Tariffs on Chinese Steel - WSJ

Now, it must be noted, that China was not literally 'dumping steel'. In other words, they were not simply bringing over shiploads of steel and 'dumping' it onto a beach for people to find and use.

No, American Businesses were purchasing the cheap China steel, and requesting that it be shipped over here. No doubt, these American Businesses found that purchasing the Chinese Steel was Good For Business and Profits, and if some American Workers lost their jobs? Well, how sad. As said American Businesses would readily explain, their First and Foremost Duty is to Increase Profit for the Shareholders of said American Business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 07:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And the point of this topic is to show every one how horrible and untrustworthy Hillary is with the futile hope of swaying voters from Hillary to Trump? Thats some heavy desperation that makes the GOP look lame, if this is what they have to resort to to get votes,hint; it aint working and probably conspires to drive voters away from the GOP.
Probably true but it has drove people to Stein and Johnson.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:07 AM

3,869 posts, read 4,081,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
20 out of 250 people stayed. In other words, Hillary got 8%
That's a good percentage for her! She's on the up and up!

Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary going down the tubes.
Cling to that pipedream as its all you got.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She couldn't even draw 10% of the employees? They must really hate her.
You wonder how many shows up just to hear her, but dont support her either..

I'd go see her if she came to my office, but that doesnt mean I'd be voting for her.. I'd just stand around so I can tell my kids I was in the room with the newly elected POS president at one point and listened to her babble..

Old 08-12-2016, 09:23 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The factory employes 250 people, 20 employees signed up to attend the rally..
And that's just about how many of them will vote for her.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:28 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Liberals- rich, Obama or Hillary tweets and you guys swallow it up. Anyone else, must be a lie.

The two biggest liars tweet and liberals believe every word.

This was staged. She lies and has no credibility. And this isn't about the OP or Trump supporters, it stands on it own. People dislike HilliBilli so much and it shocks anyone?

Old 08-12-2016, 10:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will point out, in case you are interested, that the Obama administration has been reacting to the fact that China (much like Japan in the 1960s and 70s, which I well remember, since my family was once involved in the business) was 'dumping' steel into the United States.

Here the Administration imposed a 500 percent tariff on Chinese steel, which the Chinese have objected to:
U.S. hikes duties on Chinese steel to more than 500% - May. 18, 2016

The European Union has followed suit:

EU Imposes Fresh Anti-Dumping Tariffs on Chinese Steel - WSJ

Now, it must be noted, that China was not literally 'dumping steel'. In other words, they were not simply bringing over shiploads of steel and 'dumping' it onto a beach for people to find and use.

No, American Businesses were purchasing the cheap China steel, and requesting that it be shipped over here. No doubt, these American Businesses found that purchasing the Chinese Steel was Good For Business and Profits, and if some American Workers lost their jobs? Well, how sad. As said American Businesses would readily explain, their First and Foremost Duty is to Increase Profit for the Shareholders of said American Business.

So such traitorous businesses should be fined enough to really H-U-R-T!
And American consumers should tell those businesses to go ykw, and refuse to buy anything made with Chinese steel!

Old 08-12-2016, 12:07 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Note to Hillary: Cardboard cutouts would be cheaper and can be shipped and reused again and again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections