Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Does anyone really give a damn about either Trump's or Clinton's financial demons?

The answer is no.

Will the issues ever be addressed this campaign?

Unfortunately the answer is yes. If this campaign were actually decided by qualifications and the issues it would be clear IMO who is the most qualified. But the right has taken on the approach of attacking everything Hillary. Included in this attack are constant reminders of how much she makes, how she is "in bed with Wall Street" etc. Since those are the battle lines drawn threads like this exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:31 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
And the liberals just can't understand the simplest of things, like the difference between personal and business debt.

Trump doesn't owe that money, his businesses do.

Like saying Obama owes the trillions in debt he shafted onto the American people.
thank you!

just spewing lies and hate, that's what they're good at.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:48 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
\

A billion dollars in debt to Communist China. When you factor in his financial ties to Russia you have the makings of a very compromised president.
U.S. banks stopped loaning to Trump some years ago. So all his bank debt is owed to banks of foreign nations.

I've read that his plan is to turn his business interests over to his kids.

What could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-20-2016, 06:13 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
maybe if he was a crook he could have just stolen the money and not been in debt.
But - HE DID. What do you think bankruptcy is?

LEGALIZED THEFT.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:21 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Trump is an upgrade over Obama or HilliBilli. Not the ultimate candidate but compared to those two mutts he at least makes the show.
Yet you are on record as not voting for him.............

Old 08-20-2016, 06:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Another NYT hit piece, aimed at the uninformed masses. All it talks about are the loans, without taking into account the assets. The real estate business is completely different than owning a company like IBM. As a small real estate investor, I can tell you that the more "debt" I have access to, the more money I make. That goes with the territory. If I owe $1M on a property worth $2M, sure, I am a million dollars in debt, but I also own a million dollars in assets. For this disengenuous article to cite loan after loan without including the value of the assets, makes me believe that the author only wrote the article to bash Trump.
So how to you explain away the steaks at the Sharper Image and opening a mortgage company against the advice of experts in 2006? There is also his travel search engine, vodka, the airlines, the magazine, the bottled water, his rip-off on Monopoly, and there is more in the article...
A Complete List of Donald Trump

Old 08-20-2016, 07:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...is lying BIG LEAGUE about the actual financial health of his many enterprises.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/us...=headline&_r=0

Tax records would show a lot - but he's not sharing.

But he is sharing Play-Doh.

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...d5&oe=584E1904

Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Another NYT hit piece, aimed at the uninformed masses. All it talks about are the loans, without taking into account the assets. The real estate business is completely different than owning a company like IBM. As a small real estate investor, I can tell you that the more "debt" I have access to, the more money I make. That goes with the territory. If I owe $1M on a property worth $2M, sure, I am a million dollars in debt, but I also own a million dollars in assets. For this disengenuous article to cite loan after loan without including the value of the assets, makes me believe that the author only wrote the article to bash Trump.
Hey Doc, doesn't the same apply to the Republican's complaints about government spending? After all, the current debit (around $19T) is FAR less than underlying assets (about $85T). By your (and Trump's) way of thinking that asset to debt ratio should be fine and dandy. So it's either economically sound or it isn't.

Pretty sure you'll whine about the numbers I'm using but the concept is solid.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:59 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Hey Doc, doesn't the same apply to the Republican's complaints about government spending? After all, the current debit (around $19T) is FAR less than underlying assets (about $85T). By your (and Trump's) way of thinking that asset to debt ratio should be fine and dandy. So it's either economically sound or it isn't.

Pretty sure you'll whine about the numbers I'm using but the concept is solid.
There's just one problem, Trumps assets generate more than the debt payments, and nets a profit.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:20 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
So how to you explain away the steaks at the Sharper Image and opening a mortgage company against the advice of experts in 2006? There is also his travel search engine, vodka, the airlines, the magazine, the bottled water, his rip-off on Monopoly, and there is more in the article...
A Complete List of Donald Trump
When you have over 500 companies, statistically, some of them are going to be losers. They go in the "loss" column. As long as your winners outnumber your losers, you are doing fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections