Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 04:32 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times

Advertisements

I read a good article this morning showing college Republicans, an already rare breed, were having a tough time endorsing Trump.

Trump also lost the 1.4 million member Teamster endorsement.

"Donald Trump supports national right-to-work laws that are proven to weaken the middle class and has a long track record of shipping jobs out of the country as a businessman. He is no friend to working Americans."

Teamsters are mostly not college educated and tend to be pro NRA. Two demographics that Trump is slowly losing ground on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 04:37 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
In the primaries, Trump pledged to quit the race if he faded in the polls. A group of anti-Trump Republicans have purchased air time for a 30 second spot to "keep your word" and withdraw from the race. The ad is running in Florida, Virginia, Ohio and Michigan.

Now it's a small ad buy, and he certainly won't withdraw, but it's a message to anti-Trump Republicans that they have a pass to sit out the election.

Anti-Trump Republicans to launch swing-state ad buy - POLITICO
Well, we don't think he's "failing in the polls." These polls are "cooked" to favor Hillary. Everybody knows it (even Democrat pollster, Pat Cadell, who has not been silent on this).

Trump's popularity is not determined by phony polls.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
In the ad, Trump own voice and his image is used.

"I believe in polls."

"If I saw myself going down..."

Thanks for the you tube link. Only 380 views so far. Seems little interest. I will check the number and see if it grows much.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:54 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
I'm guessing Trump will quit at the end of his term...

Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I'm guessing Trump will quit at the end of his term...
He's going to prison?

Old 08-27-2016, 05:12 PM

491 posts, read 319,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
1) Since Donald Trump clearly doesn't care one iota how much damage he does to the Republican Party, I can't see why that factor would influence him to quit.

2) He loves the attention too much to quit.

3) He's already establishing his excuse for losing -- "I was robbed!" -- which allows him to soothe his ego, thus negating any downside for him to his impending loss. And the 'for him' part is the only relevant aspect when it comes to whether or not Trump does something. The fact that he's deploying it also shows that he realizes he will very likely lose and is prepared for that eventuality.

4) Like a petulant child, encouraging Trump to do something only makes it more likely that he will not do that thing. That's how narcissists operate.

So, no, I highly doubt Trump will quit.
I disagree strongly with your political beliefs, but this is an excellent post. Also, if Trump wanted to quit, he would have done so before he was officially nominated at the Republican National Convention.

I'm afraid this is just wishful thinking on the part of the folks at RedState.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Trump won't quit. His massive ego needs to be fed. He loves being the center of attention and having his adoring groupies treat him like he's the most awesome person since Jesus.

When he get destroyed on election day he'll tell them the fix was in and he never had a chance because the election was rigged from the start. They'll chant his name and cry. He'll like that.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:32 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
I agree that he won't quit. He has already rationalized a loss, if it were to happen.

If he wins, he is justified; if he loses, he is trying to justify it today.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:37 PM

26,575 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BedStuyBungaloo View Post
He probably won't because even though he'll probably lose he can still focus on brand marketing.
i'm very curious to see how this aspect plays out. i saw an article from one of the money magazines showing how trump's brand has taken a major hit with consumer confidence among the high dollar set*. it's unlikely that he will be able to tap that market again any time in the near future. the question now is will he ( or can he ) sell to middle to low income buyer?

* one prediction i see happening is "trump winery", actually run by eric trump, going under within a year of the election based solely on the name.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Exclamation Head's Up Texas -- this stuff comes from the Ted Cruz Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
In the primaries, Trump pledged to quit the race if he faded in the polls. A group of anti-Trump Republicans have purchased air time for a 30 second spot to "keep your word" and withdraw from the race. The ad is running in Florida, Virginia, Ohio and Michigan.

Now it's a small ad buy, and he certainly won't withdraw, but it's a message to anti-Trump Republicans that they have a pass to sit out the election.

Anti-Trump Republicans to launch swing-state ad buy - POLITICO
The 30-second spot is marked for a limited run on broadcast networks in suburban Florida, Virginia, Ohio and Michigan, according to Regina Thomson, a Colorado Republican activist and leader of Free the Delegates, the organization that failed to stop Trump's nomination at last month's national convention.

The spot was produced by NOVA Digital Films, a Virginia-based firm that lists a slew of conservative candidates and organizations as clients, including the Republican Party of Virginia, Americans for Prosperity, the anti-abortion Susan B. Anthony List and former gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli.

So ...... who exactly are these people??
Regina Thomson/color is the Ted Cruz Colorado GrassRoots Director
Ken Cuccinelli is the failed GOP Candidate for VA Governor AND National Campaign Director for Ted Cruz

"Fade in the Polls" ...... 6 points in the Real Clear Average (most of them just Registered Voters) equates to "Fade in the Polls"??? (some kinky stuff in a few of these polls-why do they suddenly stop listing demographics breakdown/weights?)

And what about that "Pledge"? This Anti-Trump group is run by former Cruz operatives - Didn't Ted Cruz SIGN a "pledge"?? Why YES he did, and so did Jeb Bush and John Kasich. I guess the the Losers don't have to follow their Pledge and they all LOST BIG. Trump is almost within the margin of error and even in a few. These sore LOSERS just can't give up -- I have NEVER seen anything like it.

IF any idiot thinks they need a "pass" from Ted Cruz and his Operatives to "sit out the election" - that's just NUTS. I think they are NUTs to stay on this road to destruction. What do they have to gain? Trump isn't going to drop out, it highlights that a Signed Pledge by Cruz is toilet paper AND it boils down to Campaigning for Hillary Clinton and the Leftists. If that's the Road they are determined to travel - good luck to them, but it is a Political Career Ender.

Somehow - Ted Cruz and company have managed to convince themselves that if they can just get Hillary Clinton elected in 2016 ...... then Bible Ted will be a lock for President in 2020. That is just Crazy and shows how little Ted & Company understand Texas OR the American public.

Last edited by Kibby; 08-27-2016 at 06:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections