Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
It is actually quite a huuuuuge stretch you make here.

and he is using code to justify chemical testing on puppies. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 08:38 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,381 times
As the parent of a child who is disabled, I have never heard the use of the word "crooked" to describe my daughter, or any person with disabilities, for that matter in my whole life. I'm around people on a regular basis who are disabled--not as much as a medical person would be, but I'm around them. Never heard anyone use the word, "crooked," in the same sentence describing disabilities or impairments. I've heard the words, "deformed," I've read in multiple medical records about a person's spine being deformed, S-curved, mis-shaped--not yet run across the word, "crooked."

While it appears to be a definition of a deformity, the OP is trying to use disabled people in an attempt make a political jab against Trump. It's insulting at best, and an example of hysterical drama. Why do people have to drag the innocent ones into their political hysterical drama. You need to delete this disgusting thread.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:42 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
I seem to remember Obama making fun of the Special Olympics. The left fought hard to minimize the obvious slander. Now suddenly the left cares about the use of the word crooked?

Old 08-29-2016, 08:43 AM

262 posts, read 155,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I cringe every time Donald Trump uses the word "CROOKED" --- a euphemism for a physical condition--- to describe his opponent.

Trump is using the word "crooked" as a dog whistle against people with disabilities.

Trump sees the word as a way to describe people who, to him, are to be reviled and rejected, as he claims his political opponent should be reviled and rejected for being "crooked".

To Trump, people who are "crooked" are revolting, undesirable, flawed, unworthy, corrupt, no good and worthy of rejection.

Trump is using "Crooked" is a denigrating term meant to appeal purely to people's sight as a way to judge others.

This is how Trump sees people. If you're "crooked", you're automatically worthless and defective.

It reveals something about how Trump sees other people that he would choose a visually descriptive word to describe his opponent in negative light.

People with disabilities often have "crooked" limbs and if Trump finds that word useful in describing the alleged flaws and corruption of his political opponent, what is he thinking about people who are physically "crooked"?

My opinion is this is a man incapable of seeing people with disabilities. People with disabilities will become even more invisible under a Trump presidency than they are now.
If you truly understood the English language you would immediately understand Donald Trump's statement regarding Hillary Clinton. Anyone who has actually researched the facts about the Clinton's know just how horribly crooked they are and have been since at least their days in Arkansas and all that entails (perhaps you would better understand the words (illegal, criminal, etc., etc.). You have apparently never been around tremendously successful construction where you will find Donald Trump's language is what makes quality construction come in under budget and under time limits work. That is what his life's experience will do for America...get the job done NOW within a respectably short time frame...no nonsense, no politically-correct bull...under the Constitution and of/by/for the people of the United States. That would include national and international security. Donald Trump, through his world-wide construction understands the fact that each country has a different society, different governance, different customs, etc., and knows what one does to work with that country. Hillary doesn't have a clue. I can tell by listening to all her crap...I, myself, not only have traveled the world, but participated in sitting at the table with 40 to 50 country reps. to resolve issues between countries such as border conflicts in that two countries have border laws that conflict with one another. Believe me, one learns how the world works and how America can almost always help resolve such problems. I have also owned and run as CEO and CFO a construction corporation...very successful, I might add, because my husband (outstanding contractor) handled the job site. I've been there and done that. Thus, Donald Trump comes through to me loud and clear and absolutely correct.

If you are not familiar with the above, please do the research. If you are, but choose to spout ridiculous and ignorant political spin and crap, shame on you. To me, that means you are trying to destroy America and our society and culture for personal and, I would also say IMHO, political purposes. Are you a terrorist that wishes to see Hillary in the White House where she can be bought and sold by the world-wide bad guys?

Last edited by larrysda; 08-29-2016 at 08:56 AM..

Old 08-29-2016, 08:43 AM

21,147 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Hillary said that Trump is "not fit" to be the President.

Isn't "not fit" a synonym for a person with disabilities?

Old 08-29-2016, 08:45 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I seem to remember Obama making fun of the Special Olympics. The left fought hard to minimize the obvious slander. Now suddenly the left cares about the use of the word crooked?

I seem to remember it was Hilliary that was heard saying, "when are those retards going to get off the lawn.." when disable kids were visiting the white house.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:45 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

yeah, yeah, that there is code hate language ....

Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I seem to remember it was Hilliary that was heard saying, "when are those retards going to get off the lawn.." when disable kids were visiting the white house.
Hillary has said so many vile things in the course of her political career that you become desensitized to it.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:49 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

Only if Trump or a conservative says it. Something is only offense if a conservative says it.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I cringe every time Donald Trump uses the word "CROOKED" --- a euphemism for a physical condition--- to describe his opponent.

Trump is using the word "crooked" as a dog whistle against people with disabilities.

Trump sees the word as a way to describe people who, to him, are to be reviled and rejected, as he claims his political opponent should be reviled and rejected for being "crooked".

To Trump, people who are "crooked" are revolting, undesirable, flawed, unworthy, corrupt, no good and worthy of rejection.

Trump is using "Crooked" is a denigrating term meant to appeal purely to people's sight as a way to judge others.

This is how Trump sees people. If you're "crooked", you're automatically worthless and defective.

It reveals something about how Trump sees other people that he would choose a visually descriptive word to describe his opponent in negative light.

People with disabilities often have "crooked" limbs and if Trump finds that word useful in describing the alleged flaws and corruption of his political opponent, what is he thinking about people who are physically "crooked"?

My opinion is this is a man incapable of seeing people with disabilities. People with disabilities will become even more invisible under a Trump presidency than they are now.

How is this even rational, with reason?
Emotional response, leads to limp wristed snowflakes.
I think daycare is needed for this kind of mental gymnastics. This is delusion to the 10th degree.
Talk about irrational thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections