Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you planning (or considering) voting for Trump because you WANT him to win, or to keep Hillary f
I am planning to vote for Trump because I definitely want him to be President 38 55.88%
I am leaning toward voting for Trump because I would probably rather have him than Clinton 9 13.24%
I am definitely voting for Trump because I think Hillary is worse, even though I would rather not vote for him 8 11.76%
I am voting for Hillary, so whatever 11 16.18%
Other 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:23 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times

Advertisements

How many people who are planning to vote for Trump are doing so because they actually want him to be President, and how many are planning to vote for him simply to keep Hillary from winning? It's an anonymous poll, so please be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 02:31 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,100,577 times
I think most people voting for Trump will say pretty much the same thing, which is that I like Trump's ideas, but I also think Hillary is the worst candidate to ever run for president.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:34 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,895 times
I LOVE Trumps ideas on the economy,taxes,illegal and legal immigration,trade,military intervention etc. I also think Clinton is the absolute worst candidate EVER.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I think most people voting for Trump will say pretty much the same thing, which is that I like Trump's ideas, but I also think Hillary is the worst candidate to ever run for president.
In some ways, we're perhaps not so far apart. I consider her one of the two worst!

Old 09-11-2016, 02:57 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,860,315 times
I like to look at it this way, We Americans have been getting screwed over by politicians for a good long time, dem or repub it makes no difference.
So this time I am going to vote for the only Non-Politician running, Trump.
Do I think he will be a great president? don't know.
Do I think he will be a horrible president? don't know.
but if the US can survive Obama, Bushx2,and B.Clinton then I'm pretty sure we will survive Trump, and who knows maybe having both sides of the aisle hating his guts will make him a great president.

One thing I do know for sure voting over and over and over for the same old career politicians and expecting a different result is insane.

So how about we give the non-politician a shot and see how that works out.

bill

Old 09-11-2016, 03:03 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,922 times
My candidate was Rand Paul. Obviously that ended before the NH primary. I would've voted Gary Johnson, but Aleppo aside, just not "feeling it" with him. And I find his running mate (Weld) to be unattractive on 2A issues.

So, yeah, I'll be voting Trump.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:12 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
I'm deplorable and proud of it!

I want an" I'm Deplorable" tee-shirt and sign for my yard

Old 09-11-2016, 05:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
OP, you look immature. Just because this is how you think it's not how the rest of us think. I don't like the policies Hillary says she will put forward, I do like the policies that Trump will try to put forth. Period so you can try to mock us all you want, as if you think this is just one big game.

Grow up

Old 09-11-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
OP, you look immature. Just because this is how you think it's not how the rest of us think. I don't like the policies Hillary says she will put forward, I do like the policies that Trump will try to put forth. Period so you can try to mock us all you want, as if you think this is just one big game.

Grow up
Whet the heck are you talking about? What do you mean, "the way I think?" I simply asked a question, and in case you didn't notice, at this point roughly 40% of the people who say they plan to vote for Trump (or are considering it) would do it primarily because they don't want Hillary. That makes it pretty clear to me that this was a very good question.

And I would also point out that in the companion thread that I started for Hillary voters, approximately 60% of the Hillary voters who have replied thus far say the main, or even only, reason they are voting for her is to keep Trump out of office. I find this extremely significant. If you don't, that's your problem. You're more than welcome to find a different thread for your bitter whining.

Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,745,428 times
I can't remember the last time I voted. Maybe 3 or 4 elections ago. I am not in a swing state. And I'm an independent. I just updated my registration and will be voting for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections