Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 08:58 AM

19,650 posts, read 12,239,759 times

Advertisements

I'm half expecting him to jump up, grimace like Jim Carrey and yell "I CANT LIE..."

Because Willie is losing his Slick. He is old and slow and having difficulty doing what comes naturally to him.

Shame on the media for that edit. He actually went from the extreme of correcting the word frequently with the word rarely. Those are opposites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 09:03 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't believe you are not concerned about her health. It would be one thing if this type of issue had only come up one time before but it is the same old story with a different theme. One time it is caused by thus and the next so. You are giving examples of those who seem to play this down: really, Salon and Huffington Post for starters? If nothing else the public has a right to honest answers which she isn't able to produce apparently.

I think the party is between the Devil and the deep blue sea. They are not going to ditch her, it is way to late for that; she won't call it quits, because all she cares more about being the first woman President, to HELL with her party or her country or even her overall health.
Honestly, I'm not concerned about her health at all.
She is almost 70 years old. I would be more surprised, and suspicious, if she had no discernible health conditions.

I suppose that people think that they are being clever when they dismiss sources out of hand, however, it is that bias that has contributed to the lies and misinformation that continues to be spewed daily on this and other forums.
It is particularly hypocritical to hear nonsense about "honesty" from Trump supporters considering his refusal to release his tax returns or the results of the yuuuge Hawai'i investigation.

I notice that there wasn't a single attempt to negate or otherwise argue against the point that was being made in the articles. Why is that?
Could it be that it's because millions of women do go to work every single day sick?

Again, to my point, people should be very careful what they wish for since the double-standard is pretty obvious.
Reagan likely had dementia well before he was elected and certainly had it when he was re-elected.
If dementia wasn't a disqualifier, well...

Old 09-14-2016, 09:06 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Honestly, I'm not concerned about her health at all.
She is almost 70 years old. I would be more surprised, and suspicious, if she had no discernible health conditions.

I suppose that people think that they are being clever when they dismiss sources out of hand, however, it is that bias that has contributed to the lies and misinformation that continues to be spewed daily on this and other forums.
It is particularly hypocritical to hear nonsense about "honesty" from Trump supporters considering his refusal to release his tax returns or the results of the yuuuge Hawai'i investigation.

I notice that there wasn't a single attempt to negate or otherwise argue against the point that was being made in the articles. Why is that?
Could it be that it's because millions of women do go to work every single day sick?

Again, to my point, people should be very careful what they wish for since the double-standard is pretty obvious.
Reagan likely had dementia well before he was elected and certainly had it when he was re-elected.
If dementia wasn't a disqualifier, well...
You can't re-litigate something that happened 30+ years ago when there was no social media, no 24/7 cameras on candidates, and a vastly inferior understanding of the disease. Thats just a silly comparison.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You can't re-litigate something that happened 30+ years ago when there was no social media, no 24/7 cameras on candidates, and a vastly inferior understanding of the disease. Thats just a silly comparison.
Nonsense.

It is only silly if one chooses to dismiss the obvious bias inherent in the reports about Clinton's health.

To whit:

"The fact is that politicians get sick. Indeed, presidents get sick. George W. Bush fainted in the White House just sitting on a couch eating pretzels. His father famously caught the flu while traveling, grew faint and vomited on the prime minister of Japan‘s lap."

Health hysteria and hypocrisy: Here’s a news alert

Old 09-14-2016, 11:14 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nonsense.

It is only silly if one chooses to dismiss the obvious bias inherent in the reports about Clinton's health.

To whit:

"The fact is that politicians get sick. Indeed, presidents get sick. George W. Bush fainted in the White House just sitting on a couch eating pretzels. His father famously caught the flu while traveling, grew faint and vomited on the prime minister of Japan‘s lap."

Health hysteria and hypocrisy: Here’s a news alert
Not nonsense at all. While I agree that these issues are/were serious, what is your end goal with this? Ignore that the leading candidate seems to have some dangerous health issues surrounding her? Just ignore facts that are in front of our faces?

Its laughable to say we should just be ignoring this stuff because it got ignored in the past.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:22 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Not nonsense at all. While I agree that these issues are/were serious, what is your end goal with this? Ignore that the leading candidate seems to have some dangerous health issues surrounding her? Just ignore facts that are in front of our faces?

Its laughable to say we should just be ignoring this stuff because it got ignored in the past.
It has never, ever been so "in our face", I mean, 9/11 the seizures and the passing out and people writing that off as being not serious? All the people involved with getting her loaded into the vehicle just seemed like this was common place. No panic at all. Seizures and passing out is serious! The jerking of the seizure was more than obvious and after a couple hours of rest and probably an IV, she came out to try to prove it was nothing.

With Hillary, we have been watching her major health issues for some time. This is not normal aging at all. I see people in the 80s all the time that appear more fit and alert than Hillary. I'm older myself and let me assure all of those that are being horrified by the thought of aging like Hillary, leave the illegal drugs and alcohol abuse alone and you won't end up like that! Also, don't do evil acts that will come back to bite you in the butt!

Hillary's supporters are focused on social issues to include seeing a woman elected to POTUS. I am a woman and I do not want the first female POTUS to be Hillary!

Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
I remember thinking it was odd last year when I read Hillary would not allow the press to come in view of her until she came down the stairs of an airplane and was standing on the tarmac, and they weren't allowed to see her going up the stairs, either. Now it makes sense. She's probably been having balance issues for quite some time.

I dislike her, but feel bad for her. I don't like seeing anyone suffer. It's a shame her pride, greed, and ambition to be the first woman president is making her ignore her illness, and is subjecting her to such scrutiny.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:34 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,279 times
People have short memories, in 8 weeks this will be forgotten and onto the next headline.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I am simply pointing out a very broad double-standard.

It's the same sort of double-standard that gives Trump a pass for publicly cheating on his wife and not releasing his taxes but condemns Clinton if she sits down instead of standing up.

If the attention was equal, it wouldn't be an issue.
But despite all whining to the contrary, it is pretty clear who the media is in the bag for and it isn't Clinton.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:41 AM

732 posts, read 1,046,486 times
It kills me how Clinton and the Dems try to downplay her illness as "just pneumonia", like it wasn't any more serious than a bad cold. When a sickly 68 year old gets pneumonia, it's a lot different than when a healthy 35 year old gets it. Especially when that 68 year old is expected to campaign from coast to coast for the next 2 months.

I can't even remember the last president who had pneumonia but there has been at least one president who died from it. William Henry Harrison served the shortest term in presidential history when he died from pneumonia only a couple of months after being inaugurated. A contributing factor to his demise was the fact that he was not able to properly rest and recover from his illness. Oh yes, he was 68 when he expired.

A hard life full of lies, deceit and criminal activity has really taken it out of Hill and Bill. They both look like something out of a Walking Dead episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections