Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 08:42 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Then it is very strange that you're spending so much time on it now.

Yes, very reassuring words indeed.

Basically, even his own supporters don't trust him. Wow.

The worst? That's the worst you could think of? Then you don't know jack about the presidency.

As POTUS, Trump would have the power to crash markets or start wars with a single tweet. Don't believe me? George W. Bush accidentally crashed the market when he mistakenly said "devaluation" when he meant "deflation".

That nut job will ruin a lot of lives if he ever get in office.
He has run a huge corporation doing business all over the world. I think he understands markets better than you give him credit for. I also think he can't be any worse at diplomacy than Obama has been. Probably will be better because he will have more willingness to listen to his people. We surely wouldn't be making one-sided agreements just to check off a box, and ignoring the fact that Iran has no intention of following the deal, nor does our own US backed rebel forces and the Russians and Assad in Syria.

And his ego will make him want to do a good job as president. If he wins he'll probably only get four years.

Old 09-17-2016, 08:58 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please research - it was her staffer that originated this - she represents the campaign and even tho they let her go - they never disavowed it.
Many of us have researched. You're lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But don't forget, it WAS a Hillary campaign staffer that started the rumor that he is a Muslim.

And it was Hillary supporters who started and spread the rumor that he is not American.

Neither of these facts are in dispute.
You're lying too. That lie has been disproven many times right here on this board in the last 24 hours; there is no excuse for not knowing the truth.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
This birther discussion is getting beyond silly..........so much like 6 year olds on a playground, each saying "You did it, no you did it "......really pointless.

Here is the real point. Whether or not a Clinton aide did it years ago, the FACT is, Donald Trump jumped on this horse and rode it day in day out for over 5 years. He did it on radio shows, in person, and in every speech he gave. Hell, he was even doing it when running for President, and Obama wasn't even his opponent ! This was strictly Donald Trumps baby and he never left up, even after the official birth certificate was shown.

So Trumpies can spin it any way they want, but the FACTS are, Donald Trump owns this issue because he took it on all by himself and kept it alive. That can not be denied by anyone, even a Trump supporter. Your boy owns that one, lock, stock, and barrel. It would have died years ago, except for one person, Donald Trump.

Don

Old 09-17-2016, 09:19 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,630,750 times
I can't believe the stupidity of the American people that are willing to vote for a man like trump. He tells people what he wants. The press gives this clown so much publicity it's not funny. Then he has the audacity to give this statement to the press that Obama is an American. Just so happens it's at the grand opening of his new hotel. I guess he wants more free publicity. He has no shame....

Old 09-17-2016, 09:32 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Many of us have researched. You're lying.

You're lying too. That lie has been disproven many times right here on this board in the last 24 hours; there is no excuse for not knowing the truth.
Sorry, but it is you who is lying. I will believe politifact before I believe your lies.

Hillarys people aren't even disputing what I wrote. They are just using the excuse that Hillary either didn't know about it, or that she did know about it and put a stop to it. Neither of which I'm sure I believe.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-17-2016 at 09:44 AM..

Old 09-17-2016, 09:41 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Sorry, but it is you who is lying. I will believe politifact before I believe your lies.
Apparently not.

"...Trump said, "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy."
There is no evidence to support this. Clinton supporters circulated the rumor in the last days of the 2008 Democratic primary and after Clinton had concede to Obama. But the record does not show Clinton or her campaign ever promoting the birther theory, let alone starting it.

Fact-checking Donald Trump's claim Hillary Clinton started Obama birther movement | PolitiFact

Old 09-17-2016, 09:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Please! The headline news this morning was that the whole birther issue was resurrected and Trump refused to say whether he had changed his mind. No mention that it was an interviewer who resurrected it to make that headline, when I recall Trump conceding the issue back in 2012.

Why don't they ask Hillary about her sniper fire comment and then make a headline about that? It's old news resurrected by the DNC Pac (media) to change the subject about Hillary's health issues. Anyone with a brain can see what they're doing here.

And yes, Hillary's people started that rumor back in '08.
Trump didn't "concede the issue in 2012." He was still repeating his same BS well past that date.

Trump Kept 'Birther' Beliefs Going Long After Obama's Birth Certificate Was Released - NBC News

Old 09-17-2016, 09:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Admit it--Trump tried to blame Hillary and it backfired on him.

"...So, on Friday the Grand Wizard of Birtherism against President Obama admitted that birtherism was bunk, not by apologizing for his prominent role in the racist campaign — no, that would have been too right — but by suggesting that he deserved credit for dousing the flames he’d fanned.

This man is lower than subterranean..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/op...irtherism.html

Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,169,235 times
Brilliant move by Clinton to FORCE Trump to back down on his Birtherism. In summary:

1. Clinton makes the "deplorables" comment.

2. A national discussion on racism ensues.

3. Under intense pressure, Trump reluctantly cries "uncle" and says Obama was born in the United States.

Note that whenever someone jabs Trump he always lashes back. True to form, Trump drops a hint that Hillary's security guards should be disarmed so that she might be assassinated.

Bottom line: Trump was forced to back down on Birtherism. He lost the racial debate.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
I agree with the following 100%.

Donald Trump is still a birther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections