Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 06:18 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,631,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
We are quoting two different Politifact articles. Here is the quote and the article that were the basis of my statement. I never said Hillary started it. I said her supporters did, based on what I have read here.

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement? | PolitiFact

But I have a bigger problem with you that prevents me from taking this discussion any further. You are one of those people who thinks that personal attacks on the person you are arguing with, somehow bolsters your argument. You assume that it gives you an advantage if you make it about the person you are debating rather than the facts. Getting involved with that kind of discussion is beneath me, and I really should have never responded, because people like you always take it further and further, as you have just done here.

You started off right from the beginning with a personal attack. Rather than telling me why you think I am wrong, and showing me the reasons why, you merely called me a liar. People call me a lot of things, and some of them are probably justified, but "liar" isn't one of them. I enjoy the anonymity of this message board because I can say exactly what I feel, without having to worry about social or professional ramifications. For me to come on here and lie, would be completely counterproductive to my reason for being here in the first place.

Most of the people in this forum are able to discuss politics without insulting the person they are debating, but there are a few bad apples, and you seem to be one of them. If I'm not careful, I will allow you to drag me down to your level, and then we will BOTH look like idiots.
Wow. Great post. Really great. Yeah, let's agree to drop it and walk away. No winner, no loser, just two people who weren't having a productive discussion.

You're right, I do get personal. I have very good reasons for that, but I'm not going to defend it or even explain it - because if I did you would probably feel compelled to respond, and it wouldn't be right to disrespect your clearly articulated wishes and drag you back into it. So let's just move on.

Take care.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:19 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Wow. Great post. Really great. Yeah, let's agree to drop it and walk away. No winner, no loser, just two people who weren't having a productive discussion.

You're right, I do get personal. I have very good reasons for that, but I'm not going to defend it or even explain it - because if I did you would probably feel compelled to respond, and it wouldn't be right to disrespect your clearly articulated wishes and drag you back into it. So let's just move on.

Take care.
Truce

Old 09-17-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump said it's over.

You have been the one that has made literally thousands of posts on the birther topic, you seem to never want to get it go.

It's over, Trump said it is over.
Is it over? Does that mean you no longer believe it? 48 hours ago you believed it, and now you don't believe it anymore because Trump told you not to?

Wow. Deplorable.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Truce
And respect for you. Can't rep you twice in a row, unfortunately.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:58 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Admit it--Trump tried to blame Hillary and it backfired on him.

"...So, on Friday the Grand Wizard of Birtherism against President Obama admitted that birtherism was bunk, not by apologizing for his prominent role in the racist campaign — no, that would have been too right — but by suggesting that he deserved credit for dousing the flames he’d fanned.

This man is lower than subterranean..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/19/op...irtherism.html
Just saw an episode of Modern Family where the kid intentionally started a fire and then accepted an award for putting it out. SMH

Old 09-17-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Do you not understand the CAVERNOUS difference in ONE low-level (and fired) volunteer of the Clinton campaign spreading a rumor 8 years ago, and the NOMINEEE OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY (sic) knowingly repeating that lie UNTIL TWO DAYS AGO?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 percent of people in this country still believe the outrageous LIE that Barrack Obama is NOT an Amercan citizen, and that's 100 percent the doing of Donald Trump -- not Hillary Clinton. He has poisoned an entire generation of Americans with a disgustingly racist and simply DEPLORABLE falsehood just to advance his own political aspirations -- and you think THIS MAN has the character needed to be leader of the free world?

Trump knew EXACTLY what he was doing these past 5 years -- he was appealing to the basest, most racist and hateful segment of his supporters FOR HIS OWN POLTICAL GAIN. And that, my friend, is indeed DEPLORABLE on every level imaginable.
Can't rep you enough!

Old 09-17-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Trump said it's over.

You have been the one that has made literally thousands of posts on the birther topic, you seem to never want to get it go.

It's over, Trump said it is over.
LOL. YOU may kowtow to tiny hands but the majority of AMERICANS do NOT. He will be held accountable for his DEPLORABLE, DESPICABLE LIES.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:14 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Trump said it's over.
yes he did. last time he said it was over was 2011...... and then he continued to make birther comments.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:22 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Do you not understand the CAVERNOUS difference in ONE low-level (and fired) volunteer of the Clinton campaign spreading a rumor 8 years ago, and the NOMINEEE OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY (sic) knowingly repeating that lie UNTIL TWO DAYS AGO?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 percent of people in this country still believe the outrageous LIE that Barrack Obama is NOT an Amercan citizen, and that's 100 percent the doing of Donald Trump -- not Hillary Clinton. He has poisoned an entire generation of Americans with a disgustingly racist and simply DEPLORABLE falsehood just to advance his own political aspirations -- and you think THIS MAN has the character needed to be leader of the free world?

Trump knew EXACTLY what he was doing these past 5 years -- he was appealing to the basest, most racist and hateful segment of his supporters FOR HIS OWN POLTICAL GAIN. And that, my friend, is indeed DEPLORABLE on every level imaginable.

Dead on. But the poisoning started long before Donald Trump ever thought about running for President, and long before Barack Obama. Have to go all the way back to Rush Limbaugh's early days to see the conception of the malevolent cancer that is destroying this once great nation.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:41 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,019,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Trump is a fraud and a racist.
Trump is the next President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections