Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2016, 01:28 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times

Advertisements

Wow, over 500 posts and everyone is still swinging. No one's agreeing and no one will. Like it or not Democrats, Trump is a genius.

The MSM was expecting a mea culpa from Trump and he blew it up in their faces. He got a free ad for his hotel then dropped a bomb on the Hillary campaign that left them scrambling. Hillary probably had statements ready to blast him as being unfit and the next thing you know they're in damage control mode.

The NYT and the WaPo busily reassured their readers this was a disaster for Trump, but at work today on a busy Saturday morning everyone was laughing how Trump pulled a fast one. Someone mentioned this is the kind of president needed to deal with Iran...and I work with a bunch of libs.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Wow, over 500 posts and everyone is still swinging. No one's agreeing and no one will. Like it or not Democrats, Trump is a genius.

The MSM was expecting a mea culpa from Trump and he blew it up in their faces. He got a free ad for his hotel then dropped a bomb on the Hillary campaign that left them scrambling. Hillary probably had statements ready to blast him as being unfit and the next thing you know they're in damage control mode.

The NYT and the WaPo busily reassured their readers this was a disaster for Trump, but at work today on a busy Saturday morning everyone was laughing how Trump pulled a fast one. Someone mentioned this is the kind of president needed to deal with Iran...and I work with a bunch of libs.
This sort of bait and switch duplicity might work with a bunch of paid media hacks but If Trump tries to pull that **** on another nation like Iran or China, he'll get his azz handed to him and we'll probably be in a million man war within 6 months.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:20 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:

Well then you work with idiots who are easily impressed and can't differentiate between flash and substance. They seriously believe that TV news producers and story editors are on the same level as leaders of other countries?

Wow.

And you seriously believe that their observations were in any way insightful and relevant?

Double wow.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:20 PM

309 posts, read 160,986 times
Quote:

No way.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:23 PM

309 posts, read 160,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
This sort of bait and switch duplicity might work with a bunch of paid media hacks but If Trump tries to pull that **** on another nation like Iran or China, he'll get his azz handed to him and we'll probably be in a million man war within 6 months.
So true. And scary.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:08 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

And you seriously believe that their observations were in any way insightful and relevant?
Absolutely. I'll take the opinions of real world NY libs over you keyboard libs any day.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:09 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Absolutely. I'll take the opinions of real world NY libs over you keyboard libs any day.
A posted it will never be good enough for Liberals. Looks like Obama will remain as president!

Old 09-17-2016, 03:18 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Oh. You prefer to hear it from Politifact? Well, here ya go, then -

Fact-checking Donald Trump's claim Hillary Clinton started Obama birther movement | PolitiFact

So, your own source refutes your claim. Fail. And very poorly done, I might add.

Yes, they are disputing it. They are not saying what you claim they are saying, and that has been pointed out many times right here in this thread. You are being intellectually dishonest at best (which, of course, is a form of lying), and deliberately untruthful at worst.

One of Clinton's campaign managers acknowledged that in 2008, one of their staffers forwarded a Birther e-mail. FORWARDED. That means someone else sent him the e-mail, which means that it did not originate with that staffer, which means that someone else must necessarily have started the rumor. Thus, it was NOT a Hillary campaign staffer who started the rumor, as you have asserted.

What part of this do you dispute, or claim to not understand? You are supposedly a physician. As such, you are trained in critical thinking, and expected to have above-average skills in reasoning and problem-solving. Let's see you apply some of those skills here and break this problem down for us. Are you capable of engaging in an intellectually honest discussion or not?
We are quoting two different Politifact articles. Here is the quote and the article that were the basis of my statement. I never said Hillary started it. I said her supporters did, based on what I have read here.

Quote:
The story appears to have started with supporters of Clinton, an important distinction.
Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement? | PolitiFact

But I have a bigger problem with you that prevents me from taking this discussion any further. You are one of those people who thinks that personal attacks on the person you are arguing with, somehow bolsters your argument. You assume that it gives you an advantage if you make it about the person you are debating rather than the facts. Getting involved with that kind of discussion is beneath me, and I really should have never responded, because people like you always take it further and further, as you have just done here.

You started off right from the beginning with a personal attack. Rather than telling me why you think I am wrong, and showing me the reasons why, you merely called me a liar. People call me a lot of things, and some of them are probably justified, but "liar" isn't one of them. I enjoy the anonymity of this message board because I can say exactly what I feel, without having to worry about social or professional ramifications. For me to come on here and lie, would be completely counterproductive to my reason for being here in the first place.

Most of the people in this forum are able to discuss politics without insulting the person they are debating, but there are a few bad apples, and you seem to be one of them. If I'm not careful, I will allow you to drag me down to your level, and then we will BOTH look like idiots.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 09-17-2016 at 03:27 PM..

Old 09-17-2016, 05:11 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
birther pastor carl gallops and "cold case posse" head mike zullo are convinced that trump is just doing this to get votes and, once in the WH, will change his mind and validate all the birther's beliefs.

(PNN) PPSIMMONS News and Ministry Network: Mike Zullo on the Trump/Obama/Clinton Birthergate! "This Changes Nothing"

Old 09-17-2016, 06:10 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
birther pastor carl gallops and "cold case posse" head mike zullo are convinced that trump is just doing this to get votes and, once in the WH, will change his mind and validate all the birther's beliefs.

(PNN) PPSIMMONS News and Ministry Network: Mike Zullo on the Trump/Obama/Clinton Birthergate! "This Changes Nothing"
Trump said it's over.

You have been the one that has made literally thousands of posts on the birther topic, you seem to never want to get it go.

It's over, Trump said it is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections