Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 06:53 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So far, six pages of posts based upon the false premise that the Clinton campaign started the birther movement, regardless of it being debunked repeatedly.
It is amazing. What do they say about The Big Lie? Repetition of such will develop into truth for the less educated.

It would, at the least, appear that Mr. Obama never believed that Hillary Rodham Clinton started or participated in this lie, since he did nominate her for Secretary of State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 07:07 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
So you are saying it was NOT a Democrat campaign worker that started it? There is no way a Republican campaign worker would bother with this during primary season.

How far from the top of the campaign do you have to go before the candidate does not bear any of the responsibility for what anyone in the campaign does? Tell us why the campaign worker got fired, please.
Listen, political campaigns have thousands of workers and volunteers. If any one person takes an action it isn't the policy of the campaign itself and the campaign isn't responsible. When the actions of this rogue worker was discovered, they were immediately fired and the Clinton campaign apologized to the Obama campaign and that apology was accepted. For normal people, that should be the end of it. For people trying to make flames by fanning dead embers, it will never be the end.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:10 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I just came across this response from HRC regarding if she or her campaign ever questioned where Obama was born.. Her answer, well tells it all..

"That is – no. That is so ludicrous, Don. You know, honestly, I just believe that, first of all, it’s totally untrue, and secondly, you know, the president and I have never had any kind of confrontation like that," Clinton said. "You know, I have been blamed for nearly everything, that was a new one to me."

LIAR LIAR .... the more we hear from her the more you can just tell when she is LYING.

When my kids were younger, I'd always tell them that if you ask someone a yes or no question, and you get a long rambling and wordy answer, they are most likely lying.

I believe there are over 50 words in Hillary's quoted reply above......over 50 words used to answer a yes/no question. Compare that to her simply saying "No", or perhaps "No, I never questioned where Obama was born".

Basic psychology principle.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:23 AM

309 posts, read 161,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
When my kids were younger, I'd always tell them that if you ask someone a yes or no question, and you get a long rambling and wordy answer, they are most likely lying.

I believe there are over 50 words in Hillary's quoted reply above......over 50 words used to answer a yes/no question. Compare that to her simply saying "No", or perhaps "No, I never questioned where Obama was born".

Basic psychology principle.
Not really.

Elaborating and explaining on the answer to a yes or no question is very common. We all do it. Even in court witnesses are allowed to elaborate after answering a yrs or no question, which, by the way are most often leading questions.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:26 AM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
That does not mean anything Trump should apologize for keeping the Birther crap going as long as he did

This is what stands out in your post.

"Hillary maybe should not have done this or that BUT...." is the defense of her oft used by the low characters that dwell at her low level.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Donald Trump's entire political career was launched by his embracing of the birther movement and continuing it for YEARS.

He owns it and the world knows it.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:34 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Today, Trump made a statement which reminded us all that it was Hillary Clinton who started the birther movement back in 2008. Liberals try to deny this, but the facts are clear.

In 2008, the Clinton campaign circulated the picture below showing Obama in traditional African garb. They sent this picture out to make Obama appear non-American and like he was born in Africa.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...ma-sub-jpg.jpg

Barack Obama says Hillary Clinton leaked Somali photo - NY Daily News

The truth cannot be denied any longer. Hillary Clinton started the birther movement.

Obama's campaign clearly recognized this in 2008.

She was divisive then. She is divisive now. Low brow smear campaigns is all Hillary Clinton knows.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:38 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
"Sean Hannity, the nationally syndicated radio host and Fox News anchor, said on his radio program during an appearance this reporter made on Friday evening:

The only time I ever, in my life, had any contact with Hillary Clinton supporters—you know what message I was getting, in 2007 and 2008, I was kind of a lone voice out here in talking about the radical roots of Obama and Rev. [Jeremiah] Wright and Frank Marshall Davis and Black Liberation theology and [Bill] Ayers and [Bernardine] Dohrn and I was trying to warn the country that it was going to be a disaster, I wish I turned out to be wrong but it’s probably even worse a disaster than I ever thought—well, guess which campaign was encouraging me back in the day to do all of this?

“The Hillary Clinton campaign,” Hannity replied, answering his own question just after this reporter answered it the same way.

“Word was getting back to me [that they were saying] ‘you’re the only one, we really admire your work,’” Hannity said. “Pretty interesting, right?”

MSNBC, Politico, Bloomberg, CNN, McClatchy and More Confirm: Hillary Clinton's 2008 Campaign Spread 'Birtherism' About Barack Obama - Breitbart

Old 09-17-2016, 07:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
We are about to see literally HOURS of Trump on television crowing about how Obama was not born here; the investigators in Hawaii finding UNBELIEVEABLE things, how he should not be president because he wasn't born here.

In short, the complete attempt to disqualify America's very first black President.

No wonder he wants to disassociate from it.

He, however, is tied to it now and forever.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We are about to see literally HOURS of Trump on television crowing about how Obama was not born here; the investigators in Hawaii finding UNBELIEVEABLE things, how he should not be president because he wasn't born here.

In short, the complete attempt to disqualify America's very first black President.

No wonder he wants to disassociate from it.

He, however, is tied to it now and forever.
The difference is, Trump isn't constantly lying about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections