Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 05:16 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Funny because she said the campaign started the birther movement.

Patti Solis Doyle, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager in 2008 until the Iowa caucuses, admitted on Friday that a Clinton campaign staffer had, in fact, circulated the Birther conspiracy theory that Barack Obama was born outside the U.S.
Continue reading. The staffer that forwarded the email was fired and Clinton or her campaign manager reached out to apologize to Obama/his campaign, an apology that was accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 05:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Funny because she said the campaign started the birther movement.

Patti Solis Doyle, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager in 2008 until the Iowa caucuses, admitted on Friday that a Clinton campaign staffer had, in fact, circulated the Birther conspiracy theory that Barack Obama was born outside the U.S.
Blitzer: Someone supporting Hillary Clinton was trying to promote this so-called Birther issue? What happened?
Doyle: So we — absolutely, the campaign nor Hillary did not start the Birther movement, period, end of story there. There was a volunteer coordinator, I believe, in late 2007, I believe, in December, one of our volunteer coordinators in one of the counties in Iowa — I don’t recall whether they were an actual paid staffer, but they did forward an email that promoted the conspiracy.
Blitzer: The Birther conspiracy?
Doyle: Yeah, Hillary made the decision immediately to let that person go. We let that person go. And it was so, beyond the pale, Wolf, and so not worthy of the kind of campaign that certainly Hillary wanted to run.
Doyle went on to relate how she personally called Obama campaign manager David Plouffe to apologize, and he accepted. Blitzer then asked her about the Mark Penn memorandum, in which the campaign’s strategist proposed exploiting Obama’s “lack of American roots.” Doyle asserted, and Blitzer agreed, that the memo had nothing to do with Birtherism.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:19 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Even Mika and Joe on MSNBC had this 3 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0TUnGDxeQ

Old 09-16-2016, 05:21 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
His mom was a US citizen, he could have been born in Timbuktu and would still be a citizen. They probably didn't want to make this argument because then THEY would say - so he was born in Kenya - blah blah blah.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:24 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Now ask yourself why this photo was circulated in the middle of the 2008 Democratic primary

You think you can read minds do ya? Well, let's try this:

Ask yourself why Hillary Clinton tweeted the following about the Birther issue:

"Can a Muslim be President of the United States of America? In a word: Yes. Now let's move on."

What say you?????

Why the photo was circulated is not the question here, the question is whether Hillary started circulating it, and the answer is NO.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:22 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I don't know if that is traditional African garb...or was Obama cooking in the back of the diner?

Old 09-16-2016, 09:12 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Something else that I was reminded of by something I read, is that, Obama wrote a book once upon a time and somewhere in the book, ok, it was in the bio, that it claimed he was born in Kenya. And now anyone who repeats it is somehow a racist or something? What crap.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:18 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Something else that I was reminded of by something I read, is that, Obama wrote a book once upon a time and somewhere in the book, ok, it was in the bio, that it claimed he was born in Kenya. And now anyone who repeats it is somehow a racist or something? What crap.
Somewhere on the inside of a book flap Obama say's he was born in Kenya and nobody but you caught it? And you never said anything about it? You never called Joe Arpaio? You never collected the huge reward Trump was offering? Not one of the millions upon millions of birthers caught it but you?

I quote you, verbatum. " What crap."

Old 09-16-2016, 09:22 PM

309 posts, read 161,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Today, Trump made a statement which reminded us all that it was Hillary Clinton who started the birther movement back in 2008. Liberals try to deny this, but the facts are clear.

In 2008, the Clinton campaign circulated the picture below showing Obama in traditional African garb. They sent this picture out to make Obama appear non-American and like he was born in Africa.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...ma-sub-jpg.jpg

Barack Obama says Hillary Clinton leaked Somali photo - NY Daily News

The truth cannot be denied any longer. Hillary Clinton started the birther movement.

Obama's campaign clearly recognized this in 2008.

She was divisive then. She is divisive now. Low brow smear campaigns is all Hillary Clinton knows.
The above is a blatant, out right lie.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:25 PM

309 posts, read 161,076 times
Quote:
I don't know if Hillary started it, but she sure participated in it.
No, she did not. Obviously you did not follow the birther insanity online or you would know that she very wisely avoided it like the plague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections