Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Thanks for showing how you totally ignore the point and stick to the meme. Why is so hard for liberals and conservatives to comprehend that voting for the status quo will change nothing?
Because the two are not the same.

The lesser of two evils is still less evil.

I was not in the Hillary camp and still think Democrats could've found a much better candidate, but let's be real, Trump and Hillary aren't even remotely on the same page.

One is an ignorant, misogynistic bigot and bully who has vowed repeatedly to plunge us into WW3 and nuke the economy. The other made some questionable email decisions, has a penchant for hiding too much (though she's vastly more open than Trump), and hasn't always been the first one to make it to the right side of any given issue.

The difference between the two was on stark display at the debate. Only one of the people on that stage appeared even remotely prepared to handle the job.

1,682 posts, read 3,303,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I'll bet you've even swinging your pom pom's. Hey, if Hillary wins we're all losers, except rich people of course, they're the winners. That's why they're throwing all kind of money Hillary's way.
I'm swinging my poms poms for Gary Johnson to be in the next debate. He'd be a breath of fresh air compared to what we are seeing right now.

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
It doesn't matter who had what, it was a softball debate and that's why Hily and her fake smile were able to hold their own. No questions about stuff people have been discussing ad nauseam for the past few months.

hopefully the next mod will get into Benghazi murders, deleted e mails, rigging against bernie, bleachbit, etc. what holt asked was weak.
Well you do realize that not asking Hillary about her emails, her corrupt charity etc is considered a success by the left right?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:12 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well you do realize that not asking Hillary about her emails, her corrupt charity etc is considered a success by the left right?
probably correct, there was a lot that could have been asked that wasnt, it was a softball debate with a softball mod.

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I agree! The only thing that could have improved it would have been if he'd revealed more of the truth about Hillary's negatives because the uninformed voters and those who only listen to liberal-biased news never get the full story about how detrimental and destructive she is. By him revealing the truth it would have been a perfect opportunity for them to hear the full story and not the watered down versions.

However, there's still time since there are more debates in the near future.

Of course the Trump haters will dredge up all kinds of insane lies about him; too bad they don't use the same energy to learn the truth about Clinton - it's so obvious they are the epitome of being brainwashed and can't see the forest for the trees.
Most of the posters on C-D are liberals. So, I pay them no mind. They are all ignorant.

14,767 posts, read 17,128,610 times
I still think this was the best bit:

Quote:
As far as the cyber, I agree to parts of what Secretary Clinton said. We should be better than anybody else, and perhaps we’re not. I don’t think anybody knows that it was Russia that broke into the DNC. She’s saying Russia, Russia, Russia—I don't, maybe it was. I mean, it could be Russia, but it could also be China. It could also be lots of other people. It also could be somebody sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, okay?

We came in with the Internet. We came up with the Internet. And I think Secretary Clinton and myself would agree very much, when you look at what ISIS is doing with the Internet, they’re beating us at our own game. ISIS.

So we had to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is a huge problem. I have a son—he’s 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers. It’s unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe, it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that’s true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester. And certainly cyber is one of them
"The cyber" and working his 10 year old kids IT skillz into the response. hahahahaa

Old 09-27-2016, 05:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Because the two are not the same.

The lesser of two evils is still less evil.
NO, the lesser of two evils is still evil, PERIOD!

Delude yourself into believing this isn't true, but deep down you know it is.

I'm done trying to reason with unreasonable people. No matter who wins, you'll get exactly what you voted for. The one fact I know, as the country falls apart people will deny they made the wrong decision and take no responsibility for their actions... while blaming everyone else.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:15 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,717,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He interrupted Hillary 58 times. I am fairly certain I heard every one of those quite clearly. And thanks to the split screen, we could see him being rude as well.
I didn't approve of the interrupting, but hillary wasn't really there to debate, her strategy was just to stand there with a dopey smile and try not and fall down, she didnt have any facial reactions to anything he said, she just smiled twightlightzonian in nature. she wasn't in 'debate mode' go back and look at some of her past history, she could get 'angry' on occasion and battle, for some reason she didn't debate just stood there 'looking pretty' and people are giving her a pass for that.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:17 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Most of the posters on C-D are liberals. So, I pay them no mind. They are all ignorant.
I feel a pot talking to a kettle through the force.....

Old 09-27-2016, 05:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMilford View Post
Pam Gellar... Now that's a reliable source.

It's a consssppiirrraccyyyyy!!!!
She's more reliable than the liberal media, all controlled by Democrats. And she doesn't deal in "conspiracy theories. She deals in facts and truth. You've been reading too much Wikipedia, which is funded by George Soros. And they cite as their source of information on people like Pamela Geller, the "Southern Poverty Law Center," a benefactor of George Soros, and a "hate group" (thought they claim they identify "hate groups!!!" It's laughable! Duh! Bias anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections