Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:08 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

These are all just my opinion. But...

Demeanor. Sorry, but interrupting the other person, constantly sighing, etc. This is a presidential debate, not a 2nd grade speech. Act like it.

lack of policies. Clinton repeatedly hammered this home. When he claimed she did not, she pointed out that she literally had a book on it. Ouch.

"I could have been meaner, but im just unwilling to be that mean". Bull. You'd be more then willing to be that mean except your advisors probably pointed out how poorly that would go over. The problem is that you were talking about hurtful things. You can be mean with the truth, and you would have known that if....

A total lack of preparation that also gave one of the more painful one liners of the night. Clinton prepped for this because she is taking this seriously, Trump is failing too. Not exactly what I want in a president.

Lying. Just wow. I dare any Trump supporter to go and research some of this. The man is a liar. Which would be forgivable in a candidate if....it ws done with some intelligence. People CAN literally go back and research your position before the iraq war you know?

Justifying racism. Not mentioned a lot but....going on about how your company settled for the racist acts that it did on your direction as I recall...anyways...going on about how you admitted no guilt when settling...people have been watching big companies do that ALL the time. Its short for "yeah we did it, sorry, heres a huge fine, and we wont get caught again.".

The Obama birther response was....lackluster. The blaming of Clinton just doesn't work when we are discussing YOUR actions and statements. Grow up and act like an adult. See how Clinton responded to the email stuff? Try that. say "I was wrong, however the importance of the position held by a President is too important for me to ignore the possibility, however unlikely". Maybe if you had prepped for this you would have had that response ready.

hesitating before committing to supporting the president. Notice how she instantly said she would support you if you won? Yeah. Your response showed a lack of patriotism.

being incorrect and arguing. Seriously, you were for the war. Arguing about it just made you look foolish to anyone who checked. Lie when you can dispute things, dont lie when you can't.

Admitting to not paying taxes, and being proud of it. given the prior statement by Clinton about how true Americans pay their fair share....your response basically was a self inflicted wound thats going to be in commercials soon.

Failing to address "trumped up trickle down". Theres a theory behind the reduction in taxes-its wrong, but at least you could have tried. Instead you let her have a great slogan....that we're going to hear again.

Your taxes. We are reminded yet again that you're hiding some big things there. Its better to know what they are then to let the boogeyman write them....which Hillary did perfectly. Release your taxes and take the hits, cause whats going to happen otherwise is going to be worse.

And claiming you have good temperament while interrupting, lying, and pointing out how you could have been worse.....I'm not sure you know what that word actually means.

And I could go on. Trump failed to deliver. The next question is.....we have 2 more debates. Is Trump now going to take them seriously and prep for them, or continue to act like a irresponsible high schooler. My guess? He's going to take some time to prep after this.

For those thinking he did well tonight. Please. He did as bad as Obama did with the first debate with Romney.

And thats the lesson. Obama stepped up and crushed Romney in the next two debates. But I am not sure that Trump has the ability to do so. Debates like this involve complex topics, and have numerous pitfalls, Clinton is a pro at this.

Last edited by greywar; 09-27-2016 at 12:16 AM..

Old 09-27-2016, 12:08 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
...and the White House of the time perpetrated that lie...anyone remember Valerie Plame?
It wasn't a lie. And Valerie Plame was not convert when she was revealed.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
These mean nothing. They don't have a representative sample and the same person can vote more than one time.

I went back after I read your post and could not.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Wait a minute...paying as little income tax as possible makes one a cheat?

Conventional wisdom used to say that was smart. Times are changin'.
When you are a BILLIONAIRE (sic) supposedly as rich as Donald Trump says he is ... YES! Good luck trying to spin this any other way.

The "deplorables" are always hating on the welfare class for not paying their fair share of taxes -- and dammit if thier man Trump doesn't pay his share either!

Old 09-27-2016, 12:10 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
This from FOX NEWS (of all places) pretty much breaks it down ...

Hillary won the first debate (it helps to be prepared) | Fox News

Old 09-27-2016, 12:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Every single poll that I have seen has Trump winning.
Most of them have him winning by a lot!

The reason he won is not because he is a polished, scripted, lying politician but exactly because he isn't!

Most people saw a debate between Trump and Hillary/Holt tonight and not many folks were fooled.

If I had been Trump I would have paused the debate and asked Holt if he needed the time to grab a third podium and join the race for President!

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...on-the-debate/
A lot of these are unscientific... Also all you need to do is to delete cookies and/or run incognito mode if you have Google Chrome and you can vote twice or in many polls without using your phone. Anybody can do it.
I think this is more telling... Clinton wins by a far margin in this CBS vote from undecided voters. 16-5
Undecided Pa. voters on who they think won the presidential debate - CBS News
NOTE: they still don't think they are good choices...

Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
But the post debate analysis said Hillary won................I'm confused??? Sometimes I think maybe they're biased or something.
Who did the analysis?

What a panel on CNN says does not hold any weight.

The true measure of who won the debate is the American voter.

A group of panelists gathering on a cable news network, projecting a winner is nothing more than propaganda.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:17 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
When you are a BILLIONAIRE (sic) supposedly as rich as Donald Trump says he is ... YES! Good luck trying to spin this any other way.

The "deplorables" are always hating on the welfare class for not paying their fair share of taxes -- and dammit if thier man Trump doesn't pay his share either!
So it's only bad when wealthy people try to pay as little tax as possible?

What exactly is "fair share"? You originally said "cheat" which would imply doing something illegal.

If I'm an investor, would I want to invest in a company that can't even optimize their tax expenditure? Do I want a president handling policy that can't even do their own taxes correctly?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:19 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A lot of these are unscientific... Also all you need to do is to delete cookies and/or run incognito mode if you have Google Chrome and you can vote twice or in many polls without using your phone. Anybody can do it.
I think this is more telling... Clinton wins by a far margin in this CBS vote from undecided voters. 16-5
Undecided Pa. voters on who they think won the presidential debate - CBS News
NOTE: they still don't think they are good choices...
What's to stop Hillary supporters from doing the same?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:19 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
This from FOX NEWS (of all places) pretty much breaks it down ...

Hillary won the first debate (it helps to be prepared) | Fox News
Thats actually pretty rational. Clinton by the end was probably amazed at how easy ti all was because of the prep that she had done....and he had not. She had some very well prepared lines, and I think her biggest issue was which one to smack him with next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.