Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:49 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Trump won by the mere fact that his haters are bringing up "sniffing" and "constant drinking".

And you think he "won"?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I guess if Hillary can be called an overweight fruit then we can consider Donald an obese tangerine.
Haven't you been doing that for the last 6 months already?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:52 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Where did he go right?
He had some decent on point comments about our current system. His comment on Bernie being attacked by the DNC, and the DNC leadership was excellent.

Im sure some of his supporters can give a better response. Anyone game?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He said "That makes me smart," when pressed that maybe just maybe he didn't pay taxes. WHO DOES THAT?
People with a lot of money. Seriously, who was it that said "taxes are for the little people"? The top .1%'s EFFECTIVE tax rate is lower then the top 1%'s. And for those who are into real estate, and other holdings like Trump is have many opportunities to lower their tax rate.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:54 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Because we aren't as dumb as Trump supporters? We have more education and know these things?

That's why online polls don't count.
Ha!

I've picked on you before when you've posted dumb things and phony news stories.

I feel sorry for you this time - you get a pass.

Tell me something though......How could someone like you with many thousands of posts here, waisting their time, mostly defending Hillary - be any smarter than someone voting for Trump in an online poll?

In other words, why is it smarter and more educated to post 9,000 times here on here CD - but dumb and idiotic to vote for Trump in an online poll?

Last edited by At-Chilles; 09-27-2016 at 01:14 AM..

Old 09-27-2016, 12:55 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,943,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He said "That makes me smart," when pressed that maybe just maybe he didn't pay taxes. WHO DOES THAT?
If I could legally pay zero tax, I would yell from the highest mountain top declaring my intelligence. I would hope the leaders of my country would attack all government spending in the same manner. Why waste or give away taxpayer money? If a road could be built for $10M, would you rather have taxpayers spend $50M because it allows more people to make money?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:56 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Don't all investors subscribe to the buy low sell high philosophy? It seems dems are in favor of buying when prices are high and paying as much income tax as possible. Sounds like that would be a terribly ran business.
How many business people do you know who don't pay for services rendered? She had an architect there who Trump had stiffed. That's not counting the people who were paid pennies on the dollar as a result of the bankruptcies.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:57 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
What's to stop Hillary supporters from doing the same?
Hillary supporters ain't got time for that.

Trump supporters on the other hand will do anything to make their candidate look like a winner. It's not the first time they do this. They did it through the primaries also.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:58 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Don't all investors subscribe to the buy low sell high philosophy? It seems dems are in favor of buying when prices are high and paying as much income tax as possible. Sounds like that would be a terribly ran business.
That's not the point, of course. I made a hell of a lot of money in 09 myself, mostly by playing the volatile stock market, but some of it from real estate. I figured if i didn't play it, someone else would. As you say, it was just business.

The point is, I'm not running for President and gloating on national television about how much money I made buying other people's dreams at 10 cents on the dollar because they needed the money to eat.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Actually...this may surprise you, but there was a time when some viewed business as beholden to the country. The "greed is good" mantra is relatively recent. Go watch some old tv shows where greed was represented as being evil. IE the greedy bankster cheating the orphanage out of stuff. Or read some of the older political speechs. Its...fascinating. Yes we all know it was still happening...but it wasn't socially approved as much. The fact that you even ask this question is a good indication of how much it has changed.

And some investors are also beginning to recognize that taking all of the pie causes problems, and makes them less rich.

*relatively recent being in relationship to the age of the country. IE we're talking 50 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections