Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Clinton hasn't been President around 30 years!
no but she sure thought she was when Bill was in the Whitehouse.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:42 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
Trump is a clown and a laughing stock. People in other countries watch and laugh about how someone of that caliber got where he got and is close to be president of the powerful USA.

Seriously, even if you are right wing and somehow agree with some of his rambles when you can make sense of what he is saying (he contradicts himself a lot and doesnt seem to even understands what he is saying 95% of the time), isnt it a little embarrassing that your candidate is a delusional clown that cant even talk straight? Shouldnt USA have a more put together president? Even republican party deserves better than this guy. I mean, seriously, he is an orange lunatic who just screams crazy things. People laugh at him.

Not even for the ideology (i doubt he has any) but for the dignity...the country will go to a new low if you let a ridiculous clown be your president

Old 09-27-2016, 05:43 AM

33,575 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
True.

But, that is not the point.

The point is that HRC is simply more of the same politician / from the political class that has been mucking things up for the past 30 years.

Its an easy distinction to understand, whether or not you agree with DT as to the relevance of the point.
I don't remember anything Hillary said. I know she talked a lot but just danced around as the politicians do, talking and saying nothing concrete. Hillary called herself a racist. That was true but not everyone in the country as she said.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
When all is said and done, the first debate will be mostly forgotten when people vote. If anything, the last debate will be fresher in people's minds. Neither stood out one way or another last night. It was pretty much as expected as far as I'm concerned. Trump did well overall and so did Hillary. If anything, those that thought Hillary was going to mop the floor with him are disappointed. That didn't happen. I doubt last nights debates will change anything as far as the election is concerned.
You know, that is exactly what I was thinking. I mentioned it to hubby a couple of days ago: unless one of them had screwed up big time, this debate would not mean that much. The last one will be remembered. I think the same, no winners or losers. Actually that probably did work in Thrump's favor though. So many expected him to screw up. Otherwise I don't see last night changing anyone's mind or helping the undecided make a choice.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I don't care about what he paid in taxes; he followed the law and if our government is dumb enough to allow someone not to pay taxes, why blame him anyway.

If I could afford a loophole through our inefficient government I would avoid paying taxes too. I damn sure would so they would not waste my hard earned money. I would give it to charity where I could see it make a difference.
Could that be equated the same as saying, Slavery is not right, but since it was legal, you would have been a supporter of slavery?

Old 09-27-2016, 05:46 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Trump wasn't so orange tonight--they did something to fix his hair and his orange skin. So he looked pretty good. He was more subdued than usual, making me wonder if they medicated him with a tranquilizer or something.

Hillary did fine and looked good. I thought she was confident.

Probably no supporters of either one had their minds changed tonight.
I was actually shocked to hear that up to 30% of voters consider themselves undecided.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Trump is a clown and a laughing stock. People in other countries watch and laugh about how someone of that caliber got where he got and is close to be president of the powerful USA.

Seriously, even if you are right wing and somehow agree with some of his rambles when you can make sense of what he is saying (he contradicts himself a lot and doesnt seem to even understands what he is saying 95% of the time), isnt it a little embarrassing that your candidate is a delusional clown that cant even talk straight? Shouldnt USA have a more put together president? Even republican party deserves better than this guy. I mean, seriously, he is an orange lunatic who just screams crazy things. People laugh at him.

Not even for the ideology (i doubt he has any) but for the dignity...the country will go to a new low if you let a ridiculous clown be your president
thanks for the biased opinion. No one asked you or anyone else if he is respected in other countries, the subject is how the two did in the debate last night. I guess you didn't understand that or maybe didn't watch the debate. If people laugh at him, so be it, we don't see much in So. America to laugh at these days, I would think you would enjoy something to smile about.

35,715 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
True.

But, that is not the point.

The point is that HRC is simply more of the same politician / from the political class that has been mucking things up for the past 30 years.

Its an easy distinction to understand, whether or not you agree with DT as to the relevance of the point.

things were not mucked up until Bush spend zillions at war and started giving freedoms to corporation like wild fire

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
A lot of people in USA support slavery and want it back. There was a guy here saying he wanted slavery back and i call him "racist" and got banned for it.

Times are changing and ignorance is winning. Every conquered battle will be lost.

Old 09-27-2016, 05:50 AM

35,715 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks for the biased opinion. No one asked you or anyone else if he is respected in other countries, the subject is how the two did in the debate last night. I guess you didn't understand that or maybe didn't watch the debate. If people laugh at him, so be it, we don't see much in So. America to laugh at these days, I would think you would enjoy something to smile about.

trump did great for about 1/2 hr then he went back to defensive self - you cannot do that with a foreign country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.