Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After hearing Kaine/Pence, who won?
Kaine 37 19.58%
Pence 132 69.84%
Equal 15 7.94%
No idea 5 2.65%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:36 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah. Aside from that it doesn't really MATTER what Trumps feels he said (and meant). What matters is how HISPANICS take the statement. Because how THEY take the statement will impact how THEY vote - and apparently THEY didn't take too kindly to Trumps remark. We'll find out just HOW unkindly they took it come election day, but indications right now are that they will turn out against the GOP in droves.
So, if that turns out to be the case - and it looks to be that way at the moment - then Trump either made a racist comment, or he was too stupid to realize just how badly that statement would come off and too rude/stubborn to admit he shouldn't have phrased the statement in that way and that he didn't meant to infer that all - or even most - illegal immigrants are rapists.

Ken
You're exactly right, and that's why Democrats are perpetrating this LIE. Thanks for proving my point.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:10 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Who said it has to be a legal document? It would seem you have a habit of pretending your interpretation of a statement is real, and that is the issue.

Much different? It is exactly the same.
Let's see:
Some are rapists, some, I assume are good people.

Any rational mind can understand that the snippet means some entering the country illegally are criminals.

If someone wants to be offended by that, fine, but the spin that has happened (Trump's said all Mexicans are rapists) , is wrong.

I think the man is a joke, and I realize he is terrible at vocalizing his points, but to simply create an interpretation , biased by emotion and sell that as "true" propaganda, is wrong.

You bring up a good point. Trump was talking about all illegal immigrants from Mexico, not all immigrants from Mexico nor all Mexicans.

Some media folk seem to be trying to take that out of context.

Old 10-07-2016, 07:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm not "twisting" anything. It is obvious that Trump was talking about those who are coming across the border illegally, and not "all" Mexicans.
The very fact that he says "they're not sending their best"... proves my point in and of itself. If Trump really was implying that all or most Mexicans are rapists and murderers, there would be no "best"....
But you keep on allowing yourself to be manipulated and taken in by the propaganda and being used like the good little pawn that you are.
You are 100% for Orange Man you would support him no matter what he did. I get that, and there is no point in trying to discuss any issue regarding Trump with you, but in regards to what you just said- you are wrong again. Of course he was talking about Mexicans entering the Country illegally who the hell said otherwise? The point is that if you would quit being a Trump cheerleader for a few minutes you would find that first generation immigrants commit far fewer crimes than native born citizens. This isn't secret information, if Trump was running a real campaign he would have had a staffer check the stats before he started flapping his lips

Old 10-07-2016, 11:06 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
You're exactly right, and that's why Democrats are perpetrating this LIE. Thanks for proving my point.
Ah yes, yet another Trumpette living in an alternate reality.
Good luck with that.

LOL

Ken

Old 10-08-2016, 03:12 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
I'm not "twisting" anything. It is obvious that Trump was talking about those who are coming across the border illegally, and not "all" Mexicans.

The very fact that he says "they're not sending their best"... proves my point in and of itself. If Trump really was implying that all or most Mexicans are rapists and murderers, there would be no "best"....

But you keep on allowing yourself to be manipulated and taken in by the propaganda and being used like the good little pawn that you are.
Truth speaker.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
The way I see it is, Trump has a real problem with mics. First one that didn't work, now one that did...

Old 10-08-2016, 07:11 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Its not a lie, its the truth, Trump is a bigot. Hispanics will say " He doesnt respect a American Judge and he calls a MS Universe MS Housekeeping because he does not value us "

Old 10-08-2016, 10:26 AM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
https://youtu.be/QpV1gfA1-X4

Old 10-08-2016, 11:58 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You bring up a good point. Trump was talking about all illegal immigrants from Mexico, not all immigrants from Mexico nor all Mexicans.

Some media folk seem to be trying to take that out of context.
and he attacked the Mexican judge, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.