Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 06:11 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I know coal is not a manufacturing job. I said coal and manufacturing...

And you are just repeating the talking points of Trump and Pence with your words above.

How are they going to bring back coal jobs.....?

I really want to know.....?

Mechanization has taken a lot of jobs away from people, including in the coal mining industry. FWIW, I have family members who were miners in WV for 3 generations. They moved away from WV and got out of mining in the 1950s because the companies could mine with less people at that time. They were black as well and the black miners were the first to get let go back then.

I know we have plenty of coal as well. However, we do not need as many people to mine it and coal had a "war" put on it because the industry has not modernized. If they don't modernize and the country can find more alternative, cleaner sources of power, then coal will die out as an energy source. I don't see that happening any time soon, but more movement to natural gas and to other alternative sources of industry hurts coal mining just as much as the supposed "war" on coal in regards to environmental regulations (and IMO and a lot of Americans, protecting our environment by not utilizing "dirty" coal as energy as often, is a good thing and more important in our lives than destroying our planet for a job).
"How are they going to bring back coal jobs.....?"

OK, let's shut down EVERY coal mine in America

Where are you going to get your energy?

My choice is nuclear but, there aren't enough to fill our requirements and it would take decade before we had enough IF we started today.

Solar? Wind?

While I am all for them them they wouldn't give us even 10% of our requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 06:17 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,021,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So a con-man promising hope and change would be a better choice because?
The con is a lifelong insider and globalist like Hillary promising to change anything. She's simply in it to get rich and wield power. Trump at least made his money outside of the federal government. And he's been consistently against these trade deals that have destroyed US manufacturing and solid blue collar jobs.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
IF there was a downfall of America, one only need to look at the last 40 yr history of the Republican System to see why and listen and look at the people following Trump to see exactly how.

Some of us have written quite a bit on quite a few threads, often times Republican gloss over it and claim it to be false, even when its referenced or simply addresses a common known fact. We watched a debate last night, where the exact words of the Nominee Trump were stated and Trumps right hand man, on global TV, ignored, tried to skirt away from it or said, no. When truth is, there are video clips of Trump making the statements on every media platform which can communicate.
Tim Cain did missed a point, which should have been stated to clear up the falsehood stated by Pence, when he tried to claim ISIS was created as a result of Hillary. Fact is: ISIS leaders themselves, said they created themselves, in the Prison Camps set up under the President Bush Administration, they further said, they would never have been able to get together to develop as a group, except the prison camps made it possible.

No one wants to talk about reality fact, all the way back to the 2011 Bush Signed agreement to pull out troops. The fact that all the former Iraqi General and other Officers, were available to provide Intel and skill development information to the ISIS groups, as well as the Weapons sales proliferation created by the fact of the Iraqi War and Afghanistan War, set up the state for massive weapons to be made available to any terror faction who could request and pay.

Republican System went from being one that created wars, crashed the economy of nation and world, spent 7.5 yrs embarrassing America on the global stage with their block and tackle anything and everything, and then they produced the wanna be Dictator, Donald Trump. Trump went on to arouse every right wing faction he could reach, and feed any anti-government group he could push his solicitation out to, he denigrated the same party that he is representing, and has attacked every aspect of department and division of the Federal Government.
This is the same government that has a system in place that his Father feed upon, and Trump in this era has fed upon.

The mass of people whom follow the Republican program, and push for the Trump platform, have been a mixed bag of many types, but dominantly of a single ethnicity. Their theme is to try to recreate a past which was a disaster, and push claims of a greatness that never existed for "all" american people. The platform is based on "FICTION".

It has become like the pursuit of the "Great White Hope" as if a segment of white society is desperate to try some last hooray to regain their system aims of a white dominated society, as that which existed in the 19th and early to mid 20th Century. Truth and fact, that was only a commercialized madness, which resulted to split the nation even more and then fragment the splits. The group that was selected to be the sacrificial disposable ones, were the Poor White and working poor whites, as the system was focused and determined to find any means to block avenues for minority uplift and economic party, so sacrificing the disposable ones, whom make of the working poor whites and dire poor whites, to achieve the objective of closing down avenues for minorities to advance. Was and remains so much of the core structure of 21st Century Republican Ideals. They even try and push and paint themselves as if to be some Victorian Era of self deluding pretense of morality, when behind the scenes the vile has multiplied like a bacterial virus.

They don't talk about "Equality", they don't talk about the "Diplomacy and the Value Points of Democracy", they talk about how they can contain, control, manipulate and dominate. It's the same generational madness that has always been a detriment to America and a contradiction against the Constitution of this nation and the rights of its people.

Guess the Media missed it when Pence said, about the Administration pushing for controls of abortions, but these are the same Republican on the other hand, when it something they think will take money out of their pocket, they claim the government puts its hands in too much.

When commentary, mode and manner, as well as their Republican aims, is truly broken down, one can frame of no less than 75% of what they promote and what they say and what they actually do, to be Contradictions, that weave a web, which always settles itself in repressions, domination's, self enrichment and aims to contain the masses under their delusions and aspirations of being like an Autocratic system, where they install themselves as the monarch's, who function with allegiance to a Dictator.

I have read your biased posts before thus, did NOT read his entire thing (I know your biased position) but, this did catch my eye, " Bush Signed agreement to pull out troops"

Again people like you ignore the ENTIRE set of facts.

"No one wants to talk about reality fact"

ESPECIALLY YOU, "There WAS a provision in the agreement to re-negotiate to EXTEND the agreement."

Obama wanted out PERIOD so he did NOT even ATTEMPT to get the agreement extended.

I know, details, details, details!

Old 10-06-2016, 06:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Why on earth would they support Hillary? "We're going to put a lot of coal miners out of business."

Old 10-06-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you are okay with our environment being destroyed because of jobs when there are alternative sources of energy available that are cleaner and safer for our planet? You are also okay with mining companies potentially putting miners at risk due to not having to comply with increased safety standards?

FYI many of the things cited as being a "war on coal" are safety regulations. Seems we forget about the mining accidents that caused the deaths of miners in this country, most notably the Upper Big Branch Mine disaster in 2010 which was directly related to the fact that the mining company ignored regulations and pushed workers to work in unsafe conditions, which eventually lead to the deaths of over 20 workers in an explosion. More light was put on the industry after this disaster by the Obama administration and rightly so IMO.
"when there are alternative sources of energy available that are cleaner and safer for our planet?"

There is NOT enough to fill our requirements.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So the Republican party is now the party of labor as opposed to the party of management?
Well, it was the democrat party that was for slavery.

The KKK were democrats.

Where has Hillary gotten most of her money to run for President?

The management of Wall street.

Parties change over time.

The repub part is FOR ALL Americans and do not pander to specific groups like the dems do.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd vote for Goofy and Pluto before Donald trump.

Damn shame they're not running!
"I'd vote for Goofy and Pluto"

Well the are at your level!

Old 10-06-2016, 06:33 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Hillary is no better, and to many a worse alternative.

She has done nothing for anyone blue collar.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:43 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

"There WAS a provision in the agreement to re-negotiate to EXTEND the agreement."

Obama wanted out PERIOD so he did NOT even ATTEMPT to get the agreement extended.

I know, details, details, details!
Wrong again. The negotiations went on for about a year. The Iraq Gov't did not want to continue those agreements. Feel free to look up agreement to keep troops in Iraq. Read down the list do not just read the first one. It does not take a lot of time.

What it will show is that negotiations are complicated and not just a 30 second soundbite.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:58 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Parties change over time.

The repub part is FOR ALL Americans and do not pander to specific groups like the dems do.
Except for those Americans who are black, Muslim, overweight...

Too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections