Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 05:17 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I never mentioned high income, don't know what that has to do with my post.

No one in their right mind would call the Trump org a small business. Seriously how many small businesses have a billion dollars in loss for one year?
I never said Trump was a small business owner, but by Hillary saying raise taxes on the rich guy by raising taxes on INCOME is misleading you, it's basically a lie. You're trying to get the Trumps to pay more but raising taxes on income is instead nailing the little guy.

Higher taxes do not get the rich, they'll get around it and legally too. Who ever implies that by raising taxes on INCOME is playing you (and knows it) because you are not tax savvy. It's done to gain your support to raise taxes but on the wrong people. Hillary is also using it to demonize Trump when she is really the bad one by lying to you.

Last edited by petch751; 10-05-2016 at 05:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And we appreciate the many insights you provide to us about these matters.
You're welcome DC at the Ridge. If you want real insight (and possibly change your money situation) read Robert Kiyoski Cash Flow Quadrant. He puts a lot together for you. Having an understanding changed my life partly because I understood much more and because I made the needed changes after learning.

Hillary and Democrats are seriously misleading people and it's sad to see people suffering because of their lack of knowlege and being sold lies that only benefit the politician but we can't do anything about it because the media is too powerful.

As I said, I'm the little people too. I have family in the same situation as many of you which I always try to help but I'm really just not sure how else it can be explained to the point that people who don't have the knowledge so they know they are being mislead.

Last edited by petch751; 10-05-2016 at 06:06 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 05:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
What do you base this assumption on?
The fact that there are incredibly few investment vehicles that return 25% a year. Its not even "normal" for commercial real estate. Happy to readjust my assumptions if you can point out any investments returning that much for large sums of money that would be a reasonable investment for a wealthy individual.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And we appreciate the many insights you provide to us about these matters.
I'm very interested in taxes because knowing what to do allows me to make smarter decision to legally reduce my taxable income and keep more of my money. Look at the graph below. People on the left side pays the most taxes.

When you raise taxes on the top end o the income scale you hurt the people in the S quadrant (self employed) and smaller businesses in the B quadrant the most. By the government taking more of their money through higher taxation they can't grow their business. If they were able to keep money and grow then they would need more people to help in the business (employee's).

http://www.snehannkapnadak.com/wp-co...-cashdflow.png

Last edited by petch751; 10-05-2016 at 06:01 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 06:07 PM

The left is demonizing the rich and business people but if these people did not risk / invest their money and "employ people" there are a lot of people would not have the ability to make money and would become government dependent. If she puts more out of business people who don't have the ability to start a business would have less choices too.

Trump said the tax code was unfair, he wants that to change, he's telling you the truth, that changing the tax code so you can keep more of your money is best, where Hillary wants more of the people's money and trickle down government.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:20 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,986,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The fact that there are incredibly few investment vehicles that return 25% a year. Its not even "normal" for commercial real estate. Happy to readjust my assumptions if you can point out any investments returning that much for large sums of money that would be a reasonable investment for a wealthy individual.
I wish I was getting 25% return on my investments. If I was I probably would not be on this forum and probably not voting against status quo. I will say my house in Westchester (a few towns over from Hillary) was appraised at 20% higher than I bought it for in 2012 recently not including improvements we put in.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:24 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,873 times
Quote:
I wish I was getting 25% return on my investments. If I was I probably would not be on this forum and probably not voting against status quo. I will say my house in Westchester (a few towns over from Hillary) was appraised at 20% higher than I bought it for in 2012 recently not including improvements we put in.
Exactly my point, and exactly why I don't question any sudden changes in his net worth as I do with Hillary. His changes both up and down are mostly a factor of him having a vast deal of his money tied up in one type of investment that happens to have an enormous price tag, AND has a tendency to swing wildly in value.

Other very wealthy investors (like the Clintons) who own equities and other traditional investment vehicles probably have a much smaller swings in their invested income and net worth.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,460,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Cant talk about terrorism, illegals, jobs, flaws with the tax code, social security, the economy..

We must talk about Trump and the tax returns.. NOTHING the Democrats want to talk about, has any impact on the future of this nation.

Its pathetic..
You should be more worried about Pense talking about "that Mexican Thing." GOP going to pay a heavy price at the polls.

Hispanic Dems say Pence will pay for 'that Mexican thing' at the polls - POLITICO

Old 10-06-2016, 06:13 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,187,173 times
Dodge? I thought that was a city in Kansas - not Indiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbkaE2FPooA

Old 10-06-2016, 06:37 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,608,845 times
Quote:
So what is motivating your choices fear or anger ? I live and work in the Bronx. My homes value has gone up nearly doubled but I agree investment returns on regular savings don't amount to much. Im a saver, nearly 20 percent of my income goes to savings. Returns are so low. But Im hopeful and fearful of dergulation and Republican economic principals doing what they do to the middle class. The RNC is worse for the nations economy. Dont vote with anger or fear or resentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections