Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We are judged by what we support here and the choices we make.

God looks upon the heart of man and why we make such choices. It all matters. Every word we speak and the motivation of why we speak it.
And everything you type.....

Old 10-06-2016, 01:20 PM

Im a a Christian in NYC. I attend Church weekly. Infact there are three Churches on my block, Pentecostal, Catholic, and Lutheran. Dozens more in the walking area. I dont feel persecuted. That makes a mockery of places in the world where Christians do face persecution I am a democrat btw.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so you don't think religion should be taught in school. Who is teaching it in public school? But can't the same standards be applied to teaching only evolution in school and putting down creation?

You don't want the commandments on the courtyard, how is this hurting anyone and aren't they basically a way of life most of us live by.

I have never seen anyone try and push religion down most of our throats. If you don't believe, that is fine, but don't lecture Christians on why you are a non believer. It works both ways.

Abortion: yes it is your body, but no one is going to overturn Roe versus Wade and many of us believe abortion is either wrong or should be used rarely, only in certain situations. That is not telling you what to do with your body. I do think one should think before they get themselves in the situation as to needing to choose. and I feel strongly as almost all Americans do; partial birth abortion is nothing more than murder. Would you agree with that?

BTW, yes I am a Christian but I respect others feeling differently just as long as they do no lecture me about how stupid I am to be a believer. That is what many atheists do.
Im a devout believer. In my experience Athiest are pretty relaxed and good. Its the born again Christians that annoy most people Most Born agains after their initial conversations are dreadful to be around. Usually passes after a year or so.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:26 PM

128 posts, read 83,666 times
I am a Christian Baptism from north Europe.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:28 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Christians are an endangered species under the hard left extremists like Obama and Hillary.

"Powerful Leftists have decreed that following Jesus in America today to be hate speech, resulting in Christians being punished, stereotyped, marginalized, intimidated, fired, and even jailed.."
Isn't that the same belief as the ISIS group?

Old 10-06-2016, 01:33 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Isn't that the same belief as the ISIS group?
In the 'My God is better than your God' world, anything can happen.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Christians and endangered species? Seriously?

A church on every corner, every president has proclaimed their religious beliefs, the majority of Americans claim to be Christians, and you are still crying persecution?
Give me a break.

How about this, you live by your beliefs in your personal life, and let others live by theirs.
Easy said but in practical use, too many are the nosey neighbor spreading gossip. This goes beyond religion mind you...

Old 10-06-2016, 01:45 PM

The anti christ will be a Republican, evangelical Christian. And the false prophet will be a evangelical Christian leader. To deceive many...

Old 10-06-2016, 02:47 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Christians are an endangered species under the hard left extremists like Obama and Hillary.

"Powerful Leftists have decreed that following Jesus in America today to be hate speech, resulting in Christians being punished, stereotyped, marginalized, intimidated, fired, and even jailed.."
Ok, so you're defense is utter bull****. Like, mentally deficiency level bull****.

There is not a single piece of evidence to suggest that there is any move to make Christianity illegal. Not one. The evidence the "American Thinker" gives is Kim Davis being arrested for being against gay marriage. But that's not why she was arrested. She was arrested because she let personal bias interfere with her government job. In the same way, a black nationalist who had her job who would not issue marriage license to black people marrying a white person would certainly face similar treatment. When you work for the government, what you believe really doesn't matter when it contradicts with what you're legal obligation is. The article that discusses this compares it to a Muslims suing a for profit private company for "religious violations." The two are not comparable. At all.

All the Christians who have faced some form of persecution have not been arrested for being Christian. They've been arrested for violation of some other law, usually an anti-discrimination law. Anti-discrimination laws apply to non-Christians too. Maybe the law isn't as willing to go after Muslims who violate these laws, but they'll go after someone who's views were motivated by a political ideology. If a Neo-Nazi discriminated against a Jew for being a Jew, they'd get the same charge as a Christian who did the same thing because that person doesn't accept the divinity of Jesus.

Ultimately, Christians don't all agree on everything. That's why there are numerous sects. I know some don't accept those sects as being real Christians, but people who think that don't matter because really ****ing stupid people shouldn't matter. Yes, hatred of homosexuals is no longer tolerated in our society. In the same way that racism isn't tolerated. Or sexism. And yes, some Christians use their faith to justify those things. But the Christians who don't never get into any trouble. You can say that's some liberal agenda, but talk to society about that. When you're a dick to women, blacks, and gays, people don't like you. Get over it. Most Christians think women should be equal to their husbands now, and that gays are just as capable of being righteous people as anyone else and that race does not effect the significants of a persons life. If you hold a backwards view, even if you justify it with the Bible, you face resistance. The Christians who opposed slavery were eventually seen as being favorable to the Christians in support. Was that religious discrimination? Only to the people who supported slavery, and objectively evil institution. Maybe it's time accept that homosexuals aren't the cause of the downfall of civilization?

Old 10-06-2016, 04:01 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
For all of those that want separation of church and state, it is important to shut Hillary down. With Islam, church and state are one. Sins are punished as crimes. We all know how they would deal with the LGBT community and women. As Muslims become the majority, they will be making the decisions. Just something to think about when bashing our system of government and religion, it can be MUCH WORSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections