Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 10:14 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,049,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
I was going to vote Clinton, but after seeing such a one sided bias from the media, I'm voting Trump. When was the last time you saw a positive message on the TV about him? We are being played for fools by the people desperate to maintain power (both r,d, and wealthy elite).

The only fools are the ones who don't do their research and rely on the media to tell them how to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2016, 10:19 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I don't like and never supported Trump or Clinton. I voted Kasich in the primaries. Not sure why that makes me a phonie. But I am going to vote. I've been listening to the candidates and watching them trying to decide which is the lesser evil so to speak. Both Trump and Clinton have a lot of negatives against them. I really wanted to be able to vote Republican like I usually do. But I won't now. Not for president. Unless I write in Kasich (which I might do).

But Trump's remarks built up on me over time and this last one hit me in a personal level. I've had to deal with men like him. It's dehumanizing and degrading. Like his wife, I find them offensive and the thought process behind them disturbing. Unlike her, for me it's the final straw.

You might say boys will be boys. Okay, lets say that's true. But you know what else bothers me about all this? He seems to have little ability to plan. He talks a big game but he doesn't strategize, he reacts and reacts poorly at that by lashing out. His womanizing has gotten him in trouble before, there is no way anyone can say he couldn't have an communications plan in place for something like this. Unless he doesn't plan. And in the chess game of international politics and US interests, reacting is a losing battle. He shoots from the hip which might be good in business, but it's not good in diplomacy. Republican policies and concerns can be handled by Congress, I just can't see Trump as an effective president.
Most women have dealt with a man like this at some point in her life. That's why so many Republican women in Congress have withdrawn their support of him. And it's why Trump has been losing among women by wide--and soon to be much wider--margins, with a lot of women who would have historically voted Republican counted in those numbers.

Trump can't win if large numbers of Republican women defect en masse.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:20 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
I was going to vote Clinton, but after seeing such a one sided bias from the media, I'm voting Trump. When was the last time you saw a positive message on the TV about him? We are being played for fools by the people desperate to maintain power (both r,d, and wealthy elite).
Really? When? 2008? wait you said after seeing the biased media.... Who do you think you are fooling???

Anyone else having second thoughts about Donald Trump?
Quote:
Nope. Been sure since June 2015.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:24 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times
Of course, the GOP leaders never really supported Trump. I am sure the vast majority of them secretly wanted Hillary to win. She gives them political cover to not actually have to do or stand for anything, while they shake their heads and blame everything that goes wrong on her, just as they have done with Obama. They are actually better off if Hillary wins, because the disaster that a Trump presidency would be would lead to the 2018 midterms being a redux of 2006. Their faux-support for Trump was all about protecting their congressional majorities.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:27 PM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
What's that phrase? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

Calling those people "phonies" is not gonna help you win them back.
We never had them and they aren't people. They still haven't gotten over Jeb!

Old 10-08-2016, 10:27 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
What's that phrase? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?

Calling those people "phonies" is not gonna help you win them back. You people don't have the numbers. People hate your candidate. In politics you need to be likable and you need to be respectful. When I say YOU people I mean these loyal supporters or whatever you wanna call yourselves. You know the people who voted "no" in this poll. Donald Trump loves the ladies! Notice how you are only 33% and nevermind this board leans heavily to the right.

Good luck. I think republicans need to do some soul searching for next election. Maybe combine the best ideas from both worlds (alt-right and the so called RENOS) like be against trade and immigration and leave out all the hateful race baiting, sexist talk. Next time nominate someone with a brain, not an impulsive idiot just because he says he is rich and he will make America great again.
Who cares if they come back? As pointed out, they were never for Trump in the first place.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:31 PM

37,797 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Most women have dealt with a man like this at some point in her life. That's why so many Republican women in Congress have withdrawn their support of him. And it's why Trump has been losing among women by wide--and soon to be much wider--margins, with a lot of women who would have historically voted Republican counted in those numbers.

Trump can't win if large numbers of Republican women defect en masse.
I'm sorry but women voting based on their feelings being hurt isn't the way to pick a president. Could you imagine if the army picked their generals based on feelings.

The biggest bast**d could be the best president.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My question is: When did these phonies ever support him? Even the ones that claimed they did gave him half-assed support. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones that dug up the tape. Gotta keep that under the table money coming in. Gotta bring in as many people as they can for cheap labor for their donors.

Meanwhile, the Empire Strikes Back poster boy for throwing granny off the cliff who pushed that outrageous spending bill in December that gave away the store on everything to do with immigration and visas has now become the idol of the left for his upstanding virtuous position. This would be the guy who only answers to 710,000 people (not voters) in one district in Wisconsin. That whole ethically-challenged Chicken Little group on Capitol Hill are currently sitting on a 9% group approval rating. But have you heard, the sky is falling, now, because Trump said something offensive.

Then my favorite are all of these outraged "paragons of decency," news media types. Has Ed Henry of Fox News or Bill O'Reilly weighed in yet? I think the news media has a 6% approval rating.

The voting numbers are going to be way down this election cycle. It is going to come down to who is less offended by their teams pick and is it worth my time to go waste my time.

I think the GOP is more worried about the supreme court, than what "The Donald" said at this point. This is faux outrage, to create some illusion of disgust.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm sorry but women voting based on their feelings being hurt isn't the way to pick a president. Could you imagine if the army picked their generals based on feelings.

The biggest bast**d could be the best president.
But that's exactly what's happening right now. Don't **** off a woman because she will show you her wrath. lol You should know that

Old 10-08-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The voting numbers are going to be way down this election cycle. It is going to come down to who is less offended by their teams pick and is it worth my time to go waste my time.

I think the GOP is more worried about the supreme court, than what "The Donald" said at this point. This is faux outrage, to create some illusion of disgust.

So the republicans who have denounced him and distanced themselves are creating an illusion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections