Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 03:47 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times

Advertisements

With Hillary improving in the polls despite her failures and radicalism, maybe here are some things y'all should ask yourselves if you are a Hillary supporter simply because you hate Trump. I am a person of color from a working class background btw, the son of LEGAL immigrants. Trump was only my 4th favorite after Cruz, Rubio, and Carson but I'm voting for him.

1. Will my family be able to afford the next Obamacare premium hike, as more and more insurance companies continue to back out?

2. Will my family be able to afford a 50% increase in our electric bills, which is likely to happen if Hillary takes Obama's war on coal and domestic energy production to its intended conclusion

3. Do I feel safe knowing that the police are increasingly afraid to do their jobs given the threat of BLM riots and the biased coverage of the liberal media and the race baiting by Democrats???

4. Do I want more Section 8 renters, illegal immigrants, and Muslim refugees moving into my neighborhood? (granted this is more relevant to blue collar communities vs the NIMBY liberal elite areas that somehow manage to avoid public transportation expansion and Section 8 vouchers and who have few illegal aliens)

5. What will happen to my friends whose jobs are threatened by illegal immigration, the war on coal, or by the unfair trade deals Hillary supports? (recall that it was her husband who signed NAFTA and sent millions of jobs to Mexico)

6. Will my community as a whole survive the loss of jobs that will be caused by illegal immigration and unfair trade deals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 07:56 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,461 times
That is only part of the damage that Hillary can cause, if she gets elected and can pick and have approved very liberal Supreme Court Justices; and I did mean plural, through the courts Hillary can effect changes for decades to come.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:58 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
With Hillary improving in the polls despite her failures and radicalism, maybe here are some things y'all should ask yourselves if you are a Hillary supporter simply because you hate Trump. I am a person of color from a working class background btw, the son of LEGAL immigrants. Trump was only my 4th favorite after Cruz, Rubio, and Carson but I'm voting for him.

1. Will my family be able to afford the next Obamacare premium hike, as more and more insurance companies continue to back out?

2. Will my family be able to afford a 50% increase in our electric bills, which is likely to happen if Hillary takes Obama's war on coal and domestic energy production to its intended conclusion

3. Do I feel safe knowing that the police are increasingly afraid to do their jobs given the threat of BLM riots and the biased coverage of the liberal media and the race baiting by Democrats???

4. Do I want more Section 8 renters, illegal immigrants, and Muslim refugees moving into my neighborhood? (granted this is more relevant to blue collar communities vs the NIMBY liberal elite areas that somehow manage to avoid public transportation expansion and Section 8 vouchers and who have few illegal aliens)

5. What will happen to my friends whose jobs are threatened by illegal immigration, the war on coal, or by the unfair trade deals Hillary supports? (recall that it was her husband who signed NAFTA and sent millions of jobs to Mexico)

6. Will my community as a whole survive the loss of jobs that will be caused by illegal immigration and unfair trade deals?
Anyone considering Hillary at this point isn't someone you can use logic on.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:38 PM

100 posts, read 41,158 times
Do people still believe in the war on coal? Are people truly that ignorant that they can't be bothered to verify something? Are people that ignorant that NAFTA was a conservative ideal...

I think it's just the complete lack of honesty coming from the Trump's campaign that makes the never trumpers turn away from Trump. It's almost as if Trump expects his followers to never question anything.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:47 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
I dunno if I count, because I'm certainly not a Hillary supporter. However, I am willing to at least consider the possibility of voting for her, because as terrible a human being she is - and as terrible a candidate as she is - I don't think there's anything she can do that would be even remotely as bad for the country as the disasters we would certainly suffer at the hands of that horrifying, ignorant, sociopathic orange buffoon. Electing Trump would be absolutely, without question, the low point of American history, and there is nothing more important than keeping him as far away from the Oval Office as possible.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:06 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I dunno if I count, because I'm certainly not a Hillary supporter. However, I am willing to at least consider the possibility of voting for her, because as terrible a human being she is - and as terrible a candidate as she is - I don't think there's anything she can do that would be even remotely as bad for the country as the disasters we would certainly suffer at the hands of that horrifying, ignorant, sociopathic orange buffoon. Electing Trump would be absolutely, without question, the low point of American history, and there is nothing more important than keeping him as far away from the Oval Office as possible.
This is exactly how I feel, and I was a Bernie supporter who can't stand Hillary.

At this point, I think the Clintons are kind of like the Mob, and they will do or say anything to get elected. They only care about money and legacy. One thing about the Mob, however, is that they are loyal. I do believe that if it comes down to it, Hillary will do what is right for this country over Russia.

The problem is, the GOP nominated Trump, and he also only cares about money and legacy. In my view, he is much more reckless, and has no true allegiance. I honestly believe Hillary would put country over Russia, and I don't believe Trump would. He and Manafort are just too close to Russia, and Trump didn't even know that Russia had invaded Ukraine until the media told him.

WTF?

The GOP keeps saying "voting for Clinton is voting for four more years of Obama."

Uhhh...OK, I'll take the status quo. Things aren't too bad right now.

Most of the country will as well, as Obama has over 50% approval ratings, and Hillary is consistently beating Trump.

If the GOP wants to get serious and win over voters like me, who don't like Clinton, they have to stop pandering to the religious nuts, and the anti-gay faction, and nominate a true moderate. I voted for Richard Lugar more than once, and I voted for Mitch Daniels.

The problem is, no moderate GOP candidate can win in Iowa and South Carolina.

I would vote for Kasich over Hillary. Unfortunately, the GOP nominated a complete nutcase like Trump. Sorry, but you made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

Last edited by Knox Harrington; 08-17-2016 at 09:42 PM..

Old 08-17-2016, 09:36 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Not voting for Clinton, but at least we know where she stands. Trump is a giant flip flopping question mark with hints of bigotry, a laughable domestic policy, and a terrible foreign policy. He's probably outsource our foreign policy to Russia. These are things worthy of fear mongering.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:41 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Not voting for Clinton, but at least we know where she stands. Trump is a giant flip flopping question mark with hints of bigotry, a laughable domestic policy, and a terrible foreign policy. He's probably outsource our foreign policy to Russia. These are things worthy of fear mongering.
This is exactly right.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Hillary is quite possibly one of the 2 worst presidential candidates in the history of the United States.

Fortunately for her - and unfortunately for us - she is running against the single worst candidate in the history of the United States.

God help us all.

Old 08-17-2016, 10:50 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I'm not a big Hilary fan (though I did like Bill) but I agree. Even if she is terrible I can't see anything worse than electing Trump. It actually makes me pissed that someone like him has a job even though I would never want to be president.
I would climb white hickory trees before I would vote for Trump and I'm allergic to them. Heck I would even take Bush Jr over Trump and he was a terrible president. At least he made me laugh and he seemed like a nice human being.

However it helps that I'm not only poor but I also have a mental disability so Trump would definitely find me worthless to the point I would constantly worry about my future even more (I already worry about it now. I can't imagine what it will be like if he gets elected)

Plus Trump with his elite status would make him have powerful people on his side. Hilary maybe not so much. She'd have the usual limited power that presidents have or at least less than what Trump would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies