Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 03:58 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

Anyone else sick of Trump whining about how everything is rigged against him?
He's like a whining 5-yr old. He seems to be delegitimizing the 2016 Presidential Election results before the election is even held. Guess he sees the writing on the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:26 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Personally I love him whining. It shows his true character. A loser. A real winner never whines.
Agreed.

Only RWNJs see Trump as the Apha male type. I suppose in their feeble minds a man-child who prays on young women, degrades most other women and whines about things being rigged against him to avoid taking any responsibility is admirable to them. But, true good natured voters can see right through that and will vote accordingly.

Everybody keeps saying talk about the issues. When a 'man' has such a flawed character, THAT IS A PRIME ISSUE!

Trump is anti-American. How dare he rebuke a real man and true American like John McCain who has actually fought for and served America.

I'm not even a personal fan of McCain, just saying..

Old 10-19-2016, 04:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Projecting into a potential future with Trump as President whats he going to do with a vote no congress or countries that dont do what he wants them to do? is he going to be rude and demeaning to the very people he is relying on to pass his agenda? is he going to start calling other world leaders childish names? Will he start perceiving the world is conspiring against him? This spoiled rich brat may be considered by many as a real estate success but he certainly isnt ready for prime time on the worlds political stage where tact and diplomacy are required.

While i can empathize with Republicans and their apparent need for change the type of change Trump would bring is not what you want.He's just too erratic/unpredictable in disposition and temperament akin to a loose cannon or bull in a china shop.

Last edited by jambo101; 10-19-2016 at 05:24 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 05:53 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Listening to CNN yesterday on my car radio, Wolf Blitzer had the 'legal counselor' for Donald John Trump as a guest (for the Clinton News Network, I noticed that they have Trump surrogates on a lot).

Anyway, this person (I forget his name), in speaking of the rigging of the election, noted that some 1.5 million dead voters are registered to vote.

Of course, everyone knows that, after you die, if is your responsibility to contact your local voter registration office and notify them of your death.

I shall give an example for those that are pre-disposed to believe that the fact (for fact it is) that some 1.5 million dead people remaining as registered to vote does not imply potential fraud.

My voter registration card is valid through December 31, 2017. It is obvious that, should I die tomorrow, that I will remain on the 'active' rolls for the upcoming election. Yet, I will not vote, nor is it likely that a person will show up claiming to be me.

I will also note that when my father died in 2009, we family members never thought to contact the voter registration office to remove him from the rolls. He probably remained a registered voter until his own card expired.

The same logic applies to the same people being 'registered' to vote in multiple states. I need hardly remind anyone that Americans have become prone to moving from state to state.

For instance, from 2005 to 2013 an estimated 4.8 million people moved to just one state, Texas, from other states:

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04...stic-migrants/

In 2014 alone, 63,000 Californians moved to Texas. One may presume that these 63,000 people (or the great majority of them) failed to notify the authorities in California of their moving away and so to take them off the voter registration rolls, all while re-registering to vote in Texas. Again, very doubtful that many, if any, would try to vote in both states.

How Many People Are Really Moving to Texas? - Lake Travis Lifestyle -

The linked article sets forth the numbers for other people moving to Texas from other states other than California.

Others have addressed the difficulty in 'rigging' an election. As I noted in yet another thread about this subject, if the Democrats have been 'rigging' elections for the past decade, they have done a miserable job of it, since 36 of our Governors are Republican, 54 Senators are Republican as well as 246 seats in the House, some 69 state legislative chambers out of 98, etc.

We must also recall that so many state legislatures were controlled by Republicans after the last census (2010) that they were able to 're-draw' congressional districts to favor their party (which is the norm; if the Democrats were in charge, they would have done the same).

This talk of rigging and dead voters is nonsense from beginning to end.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:55 AM

152 posts, read 99,310 times
Default Rigged

"Everything is rigged!
The news is rigged!
Voting is rigged!
The polls are rigged!
The weather is rigged to support Hillary's global warming agenda!
Hillary's gender is rigged so she can get the women's vote!
America is rigged!
Rigged, rigged, rigged! Bigly!"

-Trump in a nutshell

Old 10-19-2016, 05:56 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
he is making people question our own democracy because he is loosing- but if he wins is it still rigged?

Old 10-19-2016, 05:58 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
"Everything is rigged!
The news is rigged!
Voting is rigged!
The polls are rigged!
The weather is rigged to support Hillary's global warming agenda!
Hillary's gender is rigged so she can get the women's vote!
America is rigged!
Rigged, rigged, rigged! Bigly!"

-Trump in a nutshell

unless he wins--- what would he say then? he is a piece of work alright

Old 10-19-2016, 06:00 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Why does he claim the election is rigged when . . . . we are still 3 weeks from the election day? In real life, no winner ever complains about the system being rigged, right? I guess he is already conceding the race. I guess he believes the polls.

Did the Warriors complain 3 weeks before the championship series that the Cavaliers cheated, or the NBA fixed the series? At the very least, you wait until the games are played. Christ.

Buh-bye.

Mick

Old 10-19-2016, 06:01 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
unless he wins--- what would he say then? he is a piece of work alright
He'd say he overcame despite all odds thanks to his fanatical "followers."

Mick

Old 10-19-2016, 06:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
It all boils down to immaturity. Donald never had to grow up like the rest of us. Daddy gave him the key to the golden crapper and he has lived in a bubble all his life. That is why he has the intelligence and demeanor of a 6 year old, his growth was stunted at a very early age.

So much like hearing the kid who is going to take his ball and go home because things are not going his way. Bullying has always worked for him and he had enough Attorneys to cover up his messes, so why stop now?

And he has the guts to stand up and say "I have a great temperament !" No, you have the temperament of a spoiled 6 year old brat and the maturity to match. I laugh when I hear him say he is going to make things great for the average person. He has never done one thing for the average person all his life and will not start now.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections