Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 03:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
They should switch the microphone off when time is over.

Or when they stray off topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 03:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Before last night's debate, I was one of the "anybody but Trump" crowd; and if that meant voting for Hillary, I was prepared to do it. Now, however, I am voting for Johnson. It was so obvious to me, a political moderate, that there was a strong bias on the part of the moderators which turned me off, and Hillary -- just like Trump! -- came across to me as a slimy, smarmy, lying phony. The debate did not change my mind on any of the issues, however.

Was your mind swayed or changed by the debate and/or do you know of anyone who changed their mind?
No. I was going to vote for Johnson, but can't do it after all the Aleppo moments, and speaking with his tongue out.

So, I won't vote at all.

Out of the two in the debate Trump would be the more harmful one. He does not seem to understand even the basics, and yet he thinks he is smarter than anyone, including generals in military matters. He would handle ISIS exactly the same way Hitler handled Stalingrad, and make a big mess out of it.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I was on the fence between voting for Clinton or voting for a write-in. I'm leaning more towards Clinton now. Things that stuck out for me: acknowledgement of specific ACA shortfalls, the enumeration of the legislation she sponsored / co-sponsored as a Senator, and her overall poise.
Oh boy, a politician promising to fix something that we already can't afford. Cha Ching! Gets you're wallets out!

Old 10-10-2016, 03:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
It would be helpful if the moderator didn't think she was part of the PRESIDENTIAL debate when she's not a nominee. You can't cut someone off, talk over them, and then tell them that you're moving on...she was way out of line, and Trump still made them all look bad.

If we want candidates to follow the rules, the moderators need to set examples.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:41 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
You're absolutely blind. She murdered people! That is okay to you? We've go plenty of ammunition and all you have is hate.
Anyone who has to check Snopes should not be voting. Do your own research.
I am not lying...you are denying the truth because you may have to give something up.
Lord love a duck.

RWNs have been repeating these conspiracy theory accusations for decades now. No proof, no evidence, not a clue.

Countless investigations that go on and on run by those who would love to pin her to the wall. Yet they never come up with anything. It's crazy.

The venom and hate spewed by RWNs is tearing our country apart.

Put up or shut up.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:44 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
I was gonna vote for Hillary but after hearing Trump sniffing so eloquently Im voting for him.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:46 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh boy, a politician promising to fix something that we already can't afford. Cha Ching! Gets you're wallets out!
I guess you haven't heard about Trump's tax cuts. They will add 10 trillion to the national debt.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:47 PM

120 posts, read 90,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
This whole episode was such a non issue in the minds of America as a whole. For some reason, these so called "REPRESENTATIVES" of the people keep defying the will of their constintuents and chiming in with their own interests. Forget them all
Wow, I know that is NOT true in my hometown! A non episode? wow. Incorrect! And thank God!, because what that means is there actually *is a basic respect for others that most people eventually insist on, long as it took so many, regardless of party.

Can't wait 'til this sickening fiasco is over with.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:49 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Look, the GOP elites are crying in their beer because Trump had the cajones to attack, and say what none of them would say, or Clinton's media would ask. Republican candidates are supposed to stand there and take it on the chin like McCain and Romney. Bullbleep.

If anyone is going to be jettisoned from their long-held positions of power, it's these nauseating, feckless party pooh-bahs.
This.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:50 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,075 times
If anyone claims their mind was changed, they're lying, especially those posing as independents who are suddenly voting for the woman who defended the rapist of a 12 year old and laughed about it. The woman who claims she is for women who've been assaulted, unless, of course, they were assaulted by Bill Clinton. The woman who sold influence as a senator and secretary of state to foreign countries.

Please, take it somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections