Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:13 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Going to bed. let you people fight it out. Will sleep well tonight after a huge Trump debate win.. Those on the left can rant on about hillary winning, they know the truth....
'nite.....
Heck I might stay up and watch the rerun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 11:13 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,710 times
Default But here's the real question...

We all have opinions about who won or who lost...but most of us have our minds firmly made up--so the real question is:

Whose mind got changed tonight?

I think about the only real change wrought here is that some who were getting ready to bail on Trump paused and thought twice. Undecideds..what few are left...were not moved.

In that sense, Clinton won, since all she has to do is maintain the status quo--Trump is the one behind.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
We all have opinions about who won or who lost...but most of us have our minds firmly made up--so the real question is:

Whose mind got changed tonight?

I think about the only real change wrought here is that some who were getting ready to bail on Trump paused and thought twice. Undecideds..what few are left...were not moved.

In that sense, Clinton won, since all she has to do is maintain the status quo--Trump is the one behind.
Truer words haven't been typed. Trump just went for his base. He didn't try to expand the Republican base to win. I was speaking with my father and he mentioned that Trump might have hurt Republicans for years to come all because of the Tea Partiers who rallied behind him. I can't quite disagree with that.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,673,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Just the fact that Trump had them present at this debate was really creepy. By the way, I feel very badly for the woman who was raped at the age of 12. The horror never goes away. However, why was Johnny Cochran a celebrity for skillfully defending a double murderer, but Hillary hated women because she defended a rapist to the best of her ability, as required by law? She was not hired by the scumbag. A judge appointed her to the case. She would have been disbarred if she ignored the evidence (or lack of it) just because he was despicable. Even serial killers are entitled to a fair trial in this country, according to our Constitution.
Well, bottom line is, that it wasn't Hillary Clinton that got the perp off, it was a jury of his peers. She did what the justice system required of her. Ultimately it was up to a jury. Of course the alt right and Hillary haters are going to say she is totally responsible. It's in their DNA.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Terrible performance by Trump

This will not win him any new voters, in fact he probably will lose a few more.

His campaign has been over since 10-7-2016
Wishful thinking that crass guy talk in a private conversation is so important as to scuttle a presidential candidates chances. I certainly don't like what he said, but we have real problems in this country, and I do not have to like a person to vote for them if they are better than the opponent.
Hillary is clearly a corrupt untrustworthy politician, and the greater danger to the future of our constitutional republic.
The Democrats could have nominated so many better people from their party to be president, but instead allowed the old guard to get the nomination despite being the most flawed candidate in modern history.
Therefore many people will pull the lever for Trump. The question is, will it be enough to save us from Hillary.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:24 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,182,532 times
Is Trump winning all the online polls for this debate?

Old 10-09-2016, 11:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,953,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
She has had some great coaching. The sharp jab, followed up by a message of getting along.

Trumps done some good coaching as well. I am happy to see that he is taking this seriously.

But gods the sniffing. Now that people have pointed the sniffing out I just cant not notice it.
I noticed it too. During the last debate, I thought he had a cold. There's no evidence that Trump has a drug problem. OTOH, I just finished watched "Nurse Jackie" on Netflix.

Seriously, on the one hand I was hoping he'd break down after 10 minutes and cancel the next debate. So I admit I was a little disappointed that he held his own. However, all he did was attack Hillary, interrupt her, complain to the moderators and ramble on about entirely different subjects than the question asked.

He also made up a lot of stuff, but his base doesn't seem to care.

[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/09/us/elections/fact-check-debate.html?_r=0"]Fact check - 2nd Presidential Debate[/URL]

Old 10-09-2016, 11:30 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,261,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Just the fact that Trump had them present at this debate was really creepy. By the way, I feel very badly for the woman who was raped at the age of 12. The horror never goes away. However, why was Johnny Cochran a celebrity for skillfully defending a double murderer, but Hillary hated women because she defended a rapist to the best of her ability, as required by law? She was not hired by the scumbag. A judge appointed her to the case. She would have been disbarred if she ignored the evidence (or lack of it) just because he was despicable. Even serial killers are entitled to a fair trial in this country, according to our Constitution.
So why did they choose to attend? Maybe it's a way to seek justice. I'm sure they didn't want to be in the spotlight.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,673,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
So you agree, Trump kicked her huge SOCO all over the stage in a major debate win. She was on the defensive all night and got wrung out like an old wash rag..
I admit that he spoke strictly to the base he's been preaching to since March 2015. He got his SOCOs out to them and that is all that mattered to him. Under the circumstances, after all that's gone down, it was the only objective he had was to try and salvage the base and keep the people that matter from deserting him.
What he didn't do was bring in any new voters. His base is not enough to win the election.
What will tell the tale is if he gets a 1-2% bump in the polls.

I'll bet he doesn't. He converted no one tonight. He just preached to the choir to keep them from walking out of the church.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,339,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Hillary shaved her legs and glued the hair to her head.
Not all hair on her head is her hair, it is partly a wig, a toupet she put on the back of her head. Sometimes when she is out w/o her wig, she has much less hair.

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 10-10-2016 at 01:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections