Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the 2nd debate
Trump 197 51.98%
Tie 30 7.92%
Clinton 152 40.11%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:37 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
So why did they choose to attend? Maybe it's a way to seek justice. I'm sure they didn't want to be in the spotlight.

Maybe a billionaire put a couple grand in their hands to attend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 11:39 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, we don't. I'm 45. I've never heard it in the workplace, government or private. Played three sports in high school and never heard it. Went to frat jock State Schools (UVM and UW Madison) and never heard it.

Stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
You're a liar.

We're did you go to school at - a monastery? Did you hang around with monks?

I played two sports and wrestled - and heard similar talk very often.

I've heard the same kinda talk in wieght lifting gyms in California, Oregon and West Virginia.

Unless you're a monk or went to some kind of religious school you're full of chit.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:39 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I admit that he spoke strictly to the base he's been preaching to since March 2015. He got his SOCOs out to them and that is all that mattered to him. Under the circumstances, after all that's gone down, it was the only objective he had was to try and salvage the base and keep the people that matter from deserting him.
What he didn't do was bring in any new voters. His base is not enough to win the election.
What will tell the tale is if he gets a 1-2% bump in the polls.

I'll bet he doesn't. He converted no one tonight. He just preached to the choir to keep them from walking out of the church.
Nailed it.

It could be there are a lot of folks sitting in the wings who are suddenly impressed by his bullying and threats.

I kind of doubt it, but we'll see.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post

I've heard the same kinda talk in wieght lifting gyms in California, Oregon and West Virginia.
You regularly hear men talk about assaulting women?

Good Lord, what kind of men do you hang out with?

Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 PM

13,751 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Well, his focus group called the last debate correct and HC moved up in the polls. Tonight?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid..._the_race.html

Old 10-09-2016, 11:44 PM

13,751 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You regularly hear men talk about assaulting women?

Good Lord, what kind of men do you hang out with?

Get real. He was referring to women who allow such behavior simply because he`s a star.

The locker room catch phrase was smart and liked the way Trump wouldn't allow the moderators to push him around.

Looked like Martha Raddatz was going to explode at one point.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:45 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Maybe a billionaire put a couple grand in their hands to attend.
Nah! they love the spotlight. They've made a lifetime career claiming to be a victim of Bill Clinton. there's always some speaking fee at the local Holiday Inn every weekend if they want it. Political theatre. I've made a career setting up for people like them.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Well, his focus group called the last debate correct and HC moved up in the polls. Tonight?

Luntz: "Tonight Was So Significant That He Is Back In The Race" | Video | RealClearPolitics
We'll see what the next round of polls show.

538 has Clinton with 81% chance tonight of getting to 270 EC votes.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...=2016-forecast

Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
How many times must you be told that it's not the defense of the rapist that is so revolting, though it certainly is, but it's the cackling hag laughing about it that's so offensive.

Read what I wrote several times. See if it soaks in.
I wasn't responding to you. I don't think I've ever quoted you for obvious reasons.

By the way, the trial was in 1975. I wish you'd show me evidence of this.

Yes, if would be offensive if it were true. What's really offensive is that the Trump cheerleaders are complaining that a disgusting tape is 11 years old and then they can't stop talking about a 41 year old case.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-09-2016 at 11:57 PM..

Old 10-09-2016, 11:48 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
You're a liar.

We're did you go to school at - a monastery? Did you hang around with monks?

Unless you're a monk or went to some kind of religious school you're full of chit.
Most likely the circle of friends you decided to cultivate, but honestly, that behavior went out when women started burning their bras in the 70s. There's always the clique of cretins of the John Belushi genre in every school. Most avoid them like head lice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections