Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't care about his "hot mike" blather. But I don't think he's come remotely close to saying/doing anything to make him a good choice for POTUS.
And I suppose you think Hillary has, and is a good choice, even though she was "extremely careless" in the handling of classified information, which quite likely caused the death of four Americans in Benghazi?

Hillary is a worse choice than Obama was, and has promised to bring in hundreds of thousands of Muslim so-called "refugees" (90% of these people are Muslim). Out of all these "refugees," there are few women and children. Most are of military age. She would be America's Angela Merkel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what exactly do you believe a private citizen could do that would seriously hurt the country?
Is that a serious question? I can think of any number of things.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:45 PM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Trump will lose some of his support but suspect he will stay at around 38%. He will not break the 40% mark for the rest of this election. He has done more damage to the republican party than Clinton could ever inflict. He will cause them to lose the senate and I suspect they barely hold on the house. The republicans are a split party now and a lost is not going to bring them together. The party still has not come to the realization that the demographics in this country has changed and they cannot win a national election without enlarging their tent. Trump supporters will never accept this fact. The republicans will have 4 years to get it together and I clearly don't see how they are going to do it. Things are going to get worse for the party after the election.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
No Trump supporter should ever be able to question the moral or intellectual positions of anyone else ever again.
Oh, please!

And not even the "intellectual" positions?

Look. What Trump said didn't harm anyone. Bill Clinton did harm people. He is a rapist. And Hilary has stood by him.

What Trump said was "locker room" braggadocio. Most men have engaged in this at some time in their lives, especially in their youth, but older men do it too, especially after a few beers! Give me a break! I've been around them. You're naive if you think they don't.

Old 10-09-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's closes to a guarantee that Trump won't do well tonight in the debate. He's going in scared and angry, and that's pretty good assurance that his mouth will run away with his brain.
That's your opinion, based on nada.

Hillary will be on the defensive, as Trump again attacks her record. She will paste on the smug smile to try to make it look as though she's unaffected, along with the usual forced laughter. She was very uncomfortable the last time. This will be no different. And I suspect she's hoping there are no tapes out there of her vulgar mouth. She doesn't dare bring this up with Trump.
Quote:
Hillary will be ready for it. Like always, she's been practicing.
She'll have a teleprompter again too. She was very scripted, as she always is. Without a script, she lies about her lies.
Quote:
Trump's October surprise wouldn't be as devastating if he had not alienated so many voters as he did.
The only people he's alienated are those who weren't going to vote for him anyway ... Democrats.

Quote:
The latest video is just icing on a big cow pie he's been cooking up all summer. For members of his party, enough is enough. His loyalists can't get enough of that cow pie, and for everyone else, the icing only added to the stench.
Oh, please. You're so obviously in the tank for Hilary. You've been drinking the Kool-aid.
Quote:
Donald didn't have enough voters going in to win, and he won't get any more tonight. The best he can do is stop a defeat from becoming a land slide, and he doesn't have the ability to stop himself from throwing rocks downhill.
And what's Hillary throwing? Soft balls? Hillary is a criminal, and she can't follow the rules. She thinks she's above the law, and she apparently isn't capable of knowing the difference between classified info, and unclassified. That's a huge liability. If Trump plays it right, he'll keep hammering that point. She's dangerous.
And she and Obama together 'built' ISIS.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Is that a serious question?
yes.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:06 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Take funds from the Middle East through their foundation in a "pay to play" scheme?
i don't see how this relates to a private citizen ( trump ) in relation to "seriously hurting the country". please explain.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:26 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If he can get a fair shake in the debate tonight and does well, I do not think this latest issue is going to hurt him in the long run. I wished it hadn't happened, but now, it time to get over it and vote for the better candidate. I only hope he can find a way to keep his damn mouth shut in the next 4 weeks. He has still not done anything to seriously hurt our country, That is how I see it.
I was thinking about this last night as I was getting ready to go to sleep. That's usually when I do my clearest thinking. I remember a long time ago something that my mother said.

I was a kid and had heard another kid saying a bad word. I was at the age where words like that were still shocking. I went to my mom and told her exactly what the kid said. Yes, I told her the word.

She told me that it was just as bad that I repeated it as it was for the kid to say it. And it fits here, too.

It is just as bad for the media and the Hillary campaign to put that out there...since, you know, it's SO offensive, to subject millions of people with such delicate sensibilities to the horrors of men talking about women...how they really talk when they know there's no females around...as it was for a private businessman, (as he was at the time) to say it.

They are just as "disgusting" for repeating it (if that's what you call what Trump did) as Trump for saying it.

Old 10-09-2016, 01:32 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
I could care less if - they are getting closer - the entire GOP establishment, elected officials etc turn on Trump. I do not want another Clinton presidency, particularly this one, who is dangerous.

Dangerous in the nominees for the Supreme Court.

Dangerous in her diplomatic failure history.

Dangerous in her willingness to endanger the United States security, to protect her double dealing machinations.

Dangerous in her Machiavellian cynicism.

Trump; not a particularly good man, nor candidate, but he is the best chance at #NeverClinton.

Old 10-09-2016, 02:00 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
I like the disruption of Trump's comments as "locked room language", what nobody wants to admit is that it is in reality " Union Hall language" and gee, I wonder how that will play with the blue collar middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections