Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 04:24 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times

Advertisements

Does it look like a lot of women in general, and more specifically those who have experience that kind of behavior, believe that it was just 'locker room banter'? What about women who have experienced the disgusting and illegal actions that trump described? Making a joke out of it, along with all the guys who think it is nothing? Nope.

"Elsewhere, on social media and in private conversations, Trump's comments were a reminder of a culture that denigrates women and treats them as mere objects of sexual desire, referred to as rape culture.
Oxford noted as much within minutes of her tweet, as women shared their stories using the hashtag #NotOkay.
"I am currently receiving two sex assault stories per second. Anyone denying rape culture, please look at my timeline now," she said.

Later that evening, another rallying cry surfaced to mobilize the vote against Trump. Enraged by Trump's comments, writer-performer Amanda Duarte posted on Facebook the phrase "November 8: P***y Grabs Back.""

Trump comments stir memories of sexual assault - CNN.com

Old 10-12-2016, 05:10 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Apparently, Trump and that Breitbart guy thought parading women to accuse Bill Clinton of being a sexual predator would be checkmate.

Sadly, it seems to have backfired. All but the true believers saw the press conference for the **** move it was and the women were, shall we say, unsympathetic.

Juanita Broaddrick, for example, has stated under oath that she was not assaulted nor was she intimidated, coerced, or harassed. She has changed her story over time, but it is worthwhile noting that Starr declined to use her as a witness as she was an unreliable historian.

On The View, they were referred to as "tramps" for going to hotel rooms with a man they'd just met and that they knew was married. I suspect many women share that perspective.

Bill doesn't get a pass for going after them, of course. But Hillary Clinton is the "wronged woman" in this scenario.

As my neighbor says, "That woman has suffered like Elizabeth Taylor."

Old 10-12-2016, 05:12 AM

Seems this was the last straw for Evangelical women who are withdrawing their support and urging Evangelical men to do the same.

Powerful Evangelical Women Split From Male Church Leaders to Slam Trump - The Daily Beast

Old 10-12-2016, 05:30 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
That a certain segment of people don't treat the underlying attitude, and behavior (depending which trump apology you choose to believe), only reinforces the idea that women are devalued by them. Women are telling their stories, women are flinching at the idea that someone who felt and talked, and acted, that way could be president.

The trump video has simply added fuel to the fire on trump's basic, underlying attitude about women. It is not a single instance, it is a pattern of behavior on his part. Those who are soooo outraged that bill clinton was president and did similar things would place someone just like him, or worse, in the oval office. No wonder so many women don't support trump. That is the bottom line for trump - he can't get past his history.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:35 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
I know for a fact that some people in NYC, before his presidential run, used to call him "Dry Hump Trump". I have heard it. No lie.

Mick

Old 10-12-2016, 05:39 AM

It is still a mystery why Trump and his Breitbart buddy hauled those women out to tell the latest version of their stories.

It kept the story alive long enough for Evangelical women to throw up their hands in disgust.

Did Hillary Clinton trick him into doing this? She is one devious politician, I'll tell you.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:24 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems this was the last straw for Evangelical women who are withdrawing their support and urging Evangelical men to do the same.

Powerful Evangelical Women Split From Male Church Leaders to Slam Trump - The Daily Beast

One of my sisters posted this on Facebook today (all three sisters are Christian, with two R and one D), and all three wrote that they were impressed that this female pastor was urging women to forsake Donald John Trump.

I decided against posting that it seemed odd to me that many such women were just fine and dandy with Mr. Trump when he was speaking about religious tests, mocking the disabled, mocking POWs, mocking women like Rosie O'Donnell (or whatever her name is) and 'fat women', shutting down the press, imposing severe torture, etc.

However, when Mr. Trump spoke of his wanting to have sexual relations with a white, married woman (Nancy O'Dell), that went 'too far'.

I imagine that Mr. Trump is playing with the idea of alienating many of his Southern White Male supporters. It would be easy to do: he is a Yankee, and he does not like 'losers'. The Confederacy lost the Civil War. That makes those that continue, to this day, to waive the Battle Flag of Northern Virginia (the most common flag) 'losers'.

Yes. That would work. I shall await Mr. Trump to make such a statement. You know that he feels that in his heart of hearts.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:22 AM

23,986 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Trump is a tv expert. Some of those women were probably seeking the limelight. Bet they did not count on more scrutiny.

Now, a publication has research the court records from the 12 yo rape victim. The judge denied Hillary's request.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:24 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Does it look like a lot of women in general, and more specifically those who have experience that kind of behavior, believe that it was just 'locker room banter'? What about women who have experienced the disgusting and illegal actions that trump described? Making a joke out of it, along with all the guys who think it is nothing? Nope.

"Elsewhere, on social media and in private conversations, Trump's comments were a reminder of a culture that denigrates women and treats them as mere objects of sexual desire, referred to as rape culture.
Oxford noted as much within minutes of her tweet, as women shared their stories using the hashtag #NotOkay.
"I am currently receiving two sex assault stories per second. Anyone denying rape culture, please look at my timeline now," she said.

Later that evening, another rallying cry surfaced to mobilize the vote against Trump. Enraged by Trump's comments, writer-performer Amanda Duarte posted on Facebook the phrase "November 8: P***y Grabs Back.""

Trump comments stir memories of sexual assault - CNN.com
Were they assaulted by Bill Clinton?

Old 10-12-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One of my sisters posted this on Facebook today (all three sisters are Christian, with two R and one D), and all three wrote that they were impressed that this female pastor was urging women to forsake Donald John Trump.

I decided against posting that it seemed odd to me that many such women were just fine and dandy with Mr. Trump when he was speaking about religious tests, mocking the disabled, mocking POWs, mocking women like Rosie O'Donnell (or whatever her name is) and 'fat women', shutting down the press, imposing severe torture, etc.

However, when Mr. Trump spoke of his wanting to have sexual relations with a white, married woman (Nancy O'Dell), that went 'too far'.

Who knows what the tipping point is for each of us. But it does seem odd that this is it for those who have been fine with his outrageous behavior and ridiculous ideas up to this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections