Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 01:13 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Sorry I just don't see a path in the Electoral College to do it, and now polls showing he is tied with Hillary in Utah? He can't afford to lose a State that Romney won, plus he needs states like OH, PA (which it looks like he is going to lose) FL and NH. And he is either tied or losing in those states. His popular vote numbers MAY be impressive, all things considering. But from an Electoral College stand point, he has a tough road of him.
Possibly, but these polls are not all that accurate. It is impossible to tell heads or tails in them. Unless they show breakdown of Dems, Repubs, Indep, and likely voters, I am assuming they are skewed in 1 direction or the other. If anything they are useful fodder to impact voter turn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 01:20 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The enthusiasm among Trump supporters is tremendous and it seems the movement is more motivated and energized than before.

Clinton has the media in her corner and all the puppets on a string and they keep throwing things up and all that is falling is Washington insiders who are disliked already by so may people!

Forget about McCain, Paul Ryan who lost as running VP 4 years ago, etc.

All of them can easily be replaced and it is like the Democrats are scrambling what to do about the energizing bunny called Trump who seems to be unstoppable.

Many people are getting more respect for the man who has showed to be able to withstand bullies and the toughest circumstances that not many of us can with stand!

He may not be perfect, but the important thing is, he's not a politician. People are sick and tired of politicians who have deceived their constituents.

This is a movement. This is more than just grass-roots efforts; people like me and others are standing up and saying "Enough is enough". America is not any better off than it was eight years ago, and it is now at a tipping point. We are on the verge of losing this country, quite possibly, forever. We do not need progressivism or globalism. We need Americanism!

Trump is taking a stand. So are many decent, good-standing, hard-working (as well as needy) Americans who want this country to be a number one world power and a leader in the free world. We can revive!

Old 10-12-2016, 01:22 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
He may not be perfect, but the important thing is, he's not a politician. People are sick and tired of politicians who have deceived their constituents.

This is a movement. This is more than just grass-roots efforts; people like me and others are standing up and saying "Enough is enough". America is not any better off than it was eight years ago, and it is now at a tipping point. We are on the verge of losing this country, quite possibly, forever. We do not need progressivism or globalism. We need Americanism!

Trump is taking a stand. So are many decent, good-standing, hard-working (as well as needy) Americans who want this country to be a number one world power and a leader in the free world. We can revive!
Amen!!

Old 10-12-2016, 01:30 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
The enthusiasm among Trump supporters is tremendous and it seems the movement is more motivated and energized than before.
It's always good to get input from a poster whose history reveals lots of 'Romney's gonna win!' posts from 2012.

But I'm fascinated by the fact that some people want to record their cluelessness for posterity...

Old 10-12-2016, 01:39 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,578,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's always good to get input from a poster whose history reveals lots of 'Romney's gonna win!' posts from 2012.

But I'm fascinated by the fact that some people want to record their cluelessness for posterity...
Lol... Absolutely savage post

Old 10-12-2016, 01:41 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

Next time I need a realtor, I will be asking if s/he posts on City-Data POC. I need a smart person.

Mick

Old 10-12-2016, 01:45 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Quote:

Clinton has the media in her corner and all the puppets on a string and they keep throwing things up and all that is falling is Washington insiders who are disliked already by so may people!

Forget about McCain, Paul Ryan who lost as running VP 4 years ago, etc.

All of them can easily be replaced and it is like the Democrats are scrambling what to do about the energizing bunny called Trump who seems to be unstoppable.

Many people are getting more respect for the man who has showed to be able to withstand bullies and the toughest circumstances that not many of us can with stand!
Enjoy it man. It's is as good as its going to get for you and your ilk. Just remember to have the pills ready on November 8th.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:48 PM

497 posts, read 428,362 times
How inaccurate do you think they are? You are right - they all have small errors, some being biased one way, some biased the other but the more of them you aggregate the smaller that error gets. In order for them to be biased in one direction as a whole the individual polls would need to be off by tens of points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Possibly, but these polls are not all that accurate. It is impossible to tell heads or tails in them. Unless they show breakdown of Dems, Repubs, Indep, and likely voters, I am assuming they are skewed in 1 direction or the other. If anything they are useful fodder to impact voter turn out.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:54 PM

274 posts, read 353,849 times
Quote:
More than anything, I believe we need someone who has better insight on how the economy works, and creates a better environment for business investment to create better paying jobs.
Sadly, Trump knows nothing about everything. He is not even a businessman any longer in terms of selling/creating anything except royalties for the use of his name, and shell companies to move $$ and loans around. He is clueless about the economy.

I'm not one who believes govt needs a businessman, govt and business have entirely different objectives, but that's a topic for a different discussion. For the moment, even if a skilled businessman was the solution, Trump would not fall in that category. People like Cuban and Bloomberg are skilled and successful businessmen.

Old 10-12-2016, 01:55 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Although i am not a big Trump fan my wife and I will be voting for him. We are both highly educated with good incomes.
We don't agree with many things he says, but honestly, we are disgusted by HRC even more. I don't understand how any one with any moral compass could vote for her. I believe there will be alot of people like myself, who would never disclose they are voting for Trump in public, mainly b/c I am around many fringe on the left or idealistic Bernie supporters. More than anything, I believe we need someone who has better insight on how the economy works, and creates a better environment for business investment to create better paying jobs. I am indifferent to many of these social issues the media seems fixated on.

My wife is dismayed, as she says there are many more people out there who will vole for HRC b/c she is offering more free things and her idea to pay for it is to tax the most successful. I am optimistic that people are ready to get rid of as many current politicians as possible, including incumbents who want to keep the status quo.
I simply can't reconcile the bolded parts above with each other. That highly educated people would vote for Trump because of his high moral compass (seriously?); or that Trump, a man who has had numerous business failures and numerous bankruptcies and once lost close to a billion dollars in one year, has any insight into the economy or business investment whatsoever.

How anyone who is highly educated can fall so completely for an obvious con man is bewildering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections