Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 PM

513 posts, read 580,957 times

Advertisements

Why might you ask? Regardless of who is elected President, America's chickens are going to come home to roost within the next four years. Obama has been an absolute disaster and a disgrace as President and people only love him because the consequences of his policies have yet to be felt. I would love nothing more than for it to happen on a Hillary Clinton's watch. All the better if the Democrats retake Congress. The fact of the matter is the average American blames whoever is in office when the **** hits the fan, and who is Hillary going to blame when the Democrats have been in power for more than eight years?

Objectively speaking, we've had zero economic growth since Obama became President. Obama's false economy is by propagated by suppressed interest rates and profligate government spending that can't be sustained for much longer. The real estate bubble 2.0, the consumer credit bubble, the stock market bubble, Obamacare (even Democrats acknowledge the impending collapse), the federal pension crisis it's all going to collapse on the next President's watch, so why not let it be Hillary?

Likewise, the geopolitical outlook is as bleak as the economy what with the global rise of Islamism and Hillary's inclination toward war with Russia (who themselves are at war with Islamism). So in addition to the economic collapse that will probably dwarf that of 2008, Hillary will most likely have the next 9/11 happen on her watch and and she'll eagerly lead the country into World War III. I say it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
The problem with that is there's a double standard. The media and much of the public don't hold democrats to the same standard and blame as they do republicans.

Obama's economy isn't good. Bill Clinton was a pervert and predator. Hillary is a corrupt, dishonest crook. But are any of them held accountable for it?

Old 10-13-2016, 08:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Obama's economy could be better but it isn't terrible. I think he has done a pretty good job considering what he inherited.

The last time we had a truly bad economy under a Democratic President was under Jimmy Carter. Of course, 2009-11 was bad under Obama but the recession started under Bush so the blame was on him. It will be interesting to see what happens as a result of the inevitable Hillary recession. Note that I believe recession is coming within the next four years no matter who is President. The country is already past due.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:49 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Why might you ask? Regardless of who is elected President, America's chickens are going to come home to roost within the next four years. Obama has been an absolute disaster and a disgrace as President and people only love him because the consequences of his policies have yet to be felt. I would love nothing more than for it to happen on a Hillary Clinton's watch. All the better if the Democrats retake Congress. The fact of the matter is the average American blames whoever is in office when the **** hits the fan, and who is Hillary going to blame when the Democrats have been in power for more than eight years?

Objectively speaking, we've had zero economic growth since Obama became President. Obama's false economy is by propagated by suppressed interest rates and profligate government spending that can't be sustained for much longer. The real estate bubble 2.0, the consumer credit bubble, the stock market bubble, Obamacare (even Democrats acknowledge the impending collapse), the federal pension crisis it's all going to collapse on the next President's watch, so why not let it be Hillary?

Likewise, the geopolitical outlook is as bleak as the economy what with the global rise of Islamism and Hillary's inclination toward war with Russia (who themselves are at war with Islamism). So in addition to the economic collapse that will probably dwarf that of 2008, Hillary will most likely have the next 9/11 happen on her watch and and she'll eagerly lead the country into World War III. I say it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
Agreed-

Whoever becomes POTUS will inherit MASSIVE increased US debt, record lows in work force participation, record highs in poverty, declining US incomes, and record lows in home ownership.

In short..................... Obama has left the nation in disaster. The next POTUS will probably inherit "the last shoe" of a stock market decline and an economy that will fall over the next few years, all a result of Obama, not the current POTUS (regardless of who that may be).

We are behind the "8 ball" and need a POTUS who REALIZES that:

1. we have bad trade agreements

2. corporate taxes are too high

3. the US work force needs to be "readjusted" to the new economy of innovation and robotics

4. importing slave labor helps no one

Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Even if Hillary wins, it's just going to be four more years of blame Bush.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:06 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Hillary Clinton is America's cyanide pill. It will be quick and over soon. Electing Trump may just delay the inevitable.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:11 PM

381 posts, read 177,265 times
Good points. Since there is no statute of limitations on the blame game, Hillary may find a way to blame Bush here and there, and those who voted for her will happily play along. The next four years are going to be VERY interesting if she wins, and I'm afraid not in a good way.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:48 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
I agree with the premise that the next term might be a "be careful what you wish for" situation. We are due for a recession, and by some economic indicators, never completely recovered from the last one. Then add geopolitical problems, collapsing race relations, and outright hostility and hatred between left and right Americans, and things don't look so hot.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:56 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Hillary Clinton is America's cyanide pill. It will be quick and over soon. Electing Trump may just delay the inevitable.
The only thing I see that could be positive with Trump is stopping all the illegal immigration and refugees flooding our country. Other than this it will be an uphill battle and Congress will most likely reject anything he offers. I also, don't feel Trump will try to disarm the American people.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Again, can't you right wingers wait til AFTER the election to sound and act like sore losers?

No need to get a head start on all the crying and whining. There'll be plenty of time to cry in your beer after Super Tuesday. And trust me, you'll have a LOT to cry about. The electorate will see to that.

And here on CD ...I'll be here bright and early on the 9th...after watching Fox News of course where complete sadness and dejection will be on full display.!

Then I'll be listening to Limbaugh and Hannity's radio shows with popcorn and Junior Mints. LMAO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections