Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 09:01 AM

39,371 posts, read 27,763,095 times

Advertisements

well, There are plenty of reasons Republican foreign-policy experts might prefer Clinton to Trump. As a former secretary of state, Clinton has far more foreign-policy experience. On top of that, Trump has broken with Republican consensus by threatening to upend U.S. participation in NATO and rip up international trade deals. His presidency could dramatically alter the way America engages with the rest of the world. That unconventional stand creates an opportunity for Clinton.

In all fairness, I think Hillary is traditional American foreign policy establishment. She is not going to change her hawkish ways. Trump, on the other hand, I can't figure out what he is going to do. I don't think he likes useless endless wars because he is after all a businessman. But who knows? with all these bomb the hell out of them talk, nobody can really predict the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 09:02 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,556,145 times
Poor Trump - nobody will believe him when he says "Only I can defeat ISIS" - because ISIS is already in the process of being defeated.

Well, some of his followers will still believe him, but that's a thread that belongs in the psychology forum.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:03 AM

13,783 posts, read 5,020,892 times
No, in fact the have been taking their sweet time getting ready for the attack. Possibly Obama is encouraging it because it helps with his legacy, but Hillary doesn't have anything to do with it so I don't see how it helps her.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:06 AM

13,721 posts, read 9,057,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
There was a special report this morning on the news, tbey've been planning this and training for two years. Its a good thing that Iraqi soldiers, kurds and U.S. are working together to defeat ISIS from Mosul.

Agree. I also agree with the notion of 'darned if they do, darned if they don't'. Hence, if the government of Iraq had said "We will begin our offensive on November 9th", the Trump supporters would have claimed that it was being put off for Hillary's sake. By starting the attack 'two days before the debate' (as if the Kurd and Iraqi soldiers give two hoots about our debates), it is again characterized as an attempt to 'help' Hillary.

I agree with the rational viewpoint that this attack has been planned for months. It also appears to have been timed to coincide with a full moon (which is not unusual; those defending positions desire darkness; those attacking desire as much light as possible).

It was common knowledge that the Allies were planning to invade Europe and so open a 'second' front against the Axis. Hitler knew it, and so had Rommel prepare fortifications. However, the exact date was unknown to Hitler.

Same here. All knew that the attack was coming. Indeed, I think that they (Iraq) actually issued a statement over the weekend saying that the attack would be in the next month or two, only to spring it two days later.

No rational person would characterize this attack as being designed to 'help' or 'hinder' our two primary candidates for the presidency. Well, perhaps it helps Jill Stein, in some way I have yet to figure out. Perhaps Gary Johnson too, although he has a dim idea that Iraq is in Mexico, thus explaining Trump's Wall.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:47 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,353,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There are other countries involved so no.
Like who, Lichtenstein? Get real. Aren't you the same who mocked Bush's "coalition of the willnig?"

Old 10-18-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
There was a special report this morning on the news, tbey've been planning this and training for two years.
Which goes to say they had access to a wall mount 2016 calendar.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Short enough before the election that the outcome can't be known and all the reports can be positive. Long enough before the elections to help the D's.
Brilliant!

Old 10-18-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You prefer ISIS to stay in power? Why are you supporting terrorists?
No, I say bomb them and take their oil. Look what they are doing with it. It's on fire. Trump right once again.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:53 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,602,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
No, I say bomb them and take their oil. Look what they are doing with it. It's on fire. Trump right once again.
So tell us, what is the point of this weak thread?

Old 10-18-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Poor Trump - nobody will believe him when he says "Only I can defeat ISIS" - because ISIS is already in the process of being defeated.
Just as an aside, has anyone seen a single ISIS prisoner? After the "epic" battles in Tikrit, Falluja and Ramadi I have yet to see a single ISIS captured, or even dead. When ISIS was on the march, we used to see columns of Iraqi soldiers in handcuffs. If you don't kill them or capture them, how are you defeating them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections