Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:27 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one who suspects the administration is rushing the Iraqis to take Mosul just in time for the election? Hillary would love to brag about kicking ISIS out. Call it the October offensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Probably a political move. They were gonna do it sooner or later.

However I think Mr Trump will be also doing the same thing in Iraq and Syria. I have no reason to believe his lies when in other times he has spoken about taking the oil and sending troops to Iraq. His 200 generals are not gonna be like "Dude, let's leave the region, I rather work in inner cities"

Old 10-17-2016, 11:10 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Can't win. If they do one thing, they are too easy on ISIS, if they do another, they are doing it for political reasons. All I care about is that ISIS is getting taken care of, and so should you.

Glad to see Iraq moving on them, and we are supporting that effort !

Don

Old 10-17-2016, 11:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Am I the only one who suspects the administration is rushing the Iraqis to take Mosul just in time for the election? Hillary would love to brag about kicking ISIS out. Call it the October offensive.
No, there are probably some conspiracy nuts on various Internet forums spreading nonsense like that around. I cannot imagine Iraqis wanting to take a lay back approach when it comes to ridding themselves of a fanatic terrorist cult.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:31 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,167,548 times
There are other countries involved so no.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:31 PM

3,831 posts, read 1,782,572 times
There was a special report this morning on the news, tbey've been planning this and training for two years. Its a good thing that Iraqi soldiers, kurds and U.S. are working together to defeat ISIS from Mosul.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
There are coincidences and COINCIDENCES . The attack on Mosul coming 2 days before the final debate is a coincidence. The attack coming 3 weeks before the elections is a COINCIDENCE. Short enough before the election that the outcome can't be known and all the reports can be positive. Long enough before the elections to help the D's.

I'll just hope this is the right time and all goes well for the Iraqis, allies, and civilians in Mosul.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
That depends, did you express any concern for Iraqis when we were bombing the crap out of them and no doubt killing innocents? Are you concerned now only because it's another thing to attempt pinning on Hillary?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
You prefer ISIS to stay in power? Why are you supporting terrorists?

Old 10-18-2016, 08:57 AM

25,560 posts, read 17,267,108 times
No. The attack has been planned for a few months and the US is not in charge.

Mosul will fall; ISIS will fail. The danger is that the Shia armies (Mosul is Sunni) will not withdraw after Mosul is taken and the Shia armies begin to purge the city of Sunnis. Iran could end up in control, or fighting for control. There are 100,000 Iran backed Shia fighters in Iraq.

This could be very bad. Or it may go away. For a more complete picture, read this old Wall Street Journal article. Mosul is not what you think - but it may become that way.
Iraqi City of Mosul Transformed a Year After Islamic State Capture - WSJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections