Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 07:04 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let me interpret your statement. You are a millennial and support Trump. Therefore, most millennials support Trump.

That's the textbook example of projection -- I believe something, therefore it's the prevailing view.
I actually support Clinton. Trump scares the hell out of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 07:33 AM

1,213 posts, read 3,113,776 times
I am at the front end of the millennial generation, a Trump supporter. Most fellow millennials I encounter are urban/suburban dwellers who are Bernie supporters who don't like Clinton but will vote for her anyway because Trump is a "meanie" or rural folks who are staunch Trump supporters. Most are too young to remember or understand the whole Monica Lewinsky thing or previous Clinton scandals. She will win with them because they feel Trump represents wealthy interests that are "holding them down" when it's really Clinton that's bought and paid for.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:56 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
In most cases, I'd find it really difficult to believe
that anyone truly qualified for a "decent job" could
go 8 years without nailing one down. So if that is the
case, blaming the current administration and believing
that a vote for D Trump will start those offers rolling in
just might be part of the reason why they have been unable
to find work for 8 YEARS!
You're out of touch dookie boy (nice username). I never said the current adminiatration. The past 25 years of politicans have decimated the middle class job market by selling out the country to the highest bidder. I am a millennial and every one of my college graduate friends are working crappy jobs. These people are paying attention this election. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:59 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
The past 25 years of politicans have decimated the middle class job market by selling out the country to the highest bidder.
No, politicians have been selling out their constituents for many centuries. It's not a recent phenomenon, trust me.

Mick

Old 10-19-2016, 09:35 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

I predict millennials will overwhelmingly support Trump
Still undecided?
Advance to 1:15 because this is directed to you......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIHXhs7rYps

Old 10-19-2016, 09:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
I am at the front end of the millennial generation, a Trump supporter. Most fellow millennials I encounter are urban/suburban dwellers who are Bernie supporters who don't like Clinton but will vote for her anyway because Trump is a "meanie" or rural folks who are staunch Trump supporters. Most are too young to remember or understand the whole Monica Lewinsky thing or previous Clinton scandals. She will win with them because they feel Trump represents wealthy interests that are "holding them down" when it's really Clinton that's bought and paid for.
First, there aren't "previous Clinton scandals." 20 year old false-scandals, such as White Water were heavily litigated and the Clintons were not found to be guilty of anything. That's the majority of those "scandals" that just live on in the right-wing mind. Then there is Benghazi!, Benghazi!, Benghazi!, which was investigated by multiple hostile Congressional Committees and nothing culpable was alleged.

Second, there is no evidence that "Clinton is bought and paid for." A review of her policies and record show that she supports laws and policies that favor the middle-class. Her tax policy, that raises taxes on the wealthy, should be an indication that she isn't bought by the rich.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let me interpret your statement. You are a millennial and support Trump. Therefore, most millennials support Trump.

That's the textbook example of projection -- I believe something, therefore it's the prevailing view.
That's the same tactic the religious right uses. They always refer to themselves and their views as the views of the "American people."

Millennials will not support Trump, except maybe in Oklahoma.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Millennials will not support Trump, except maybe in Oklahoma.

Even Texas millennials prefer Clinton over Trump by a 54-28 margin.
SurveyUSA Election Poll #23216

Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
if by now you can't figure out Trump is the Wizard of OZ--I feel for ya- you will be sorely disappointed-- the younger generation may not be IN TUNE-- but they are not stupid

Old 10-19-2016, 12:41 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,812,094 times
I'm not like other people. I don't really fit in any group so I can only speak for myself. However, I'm a millennial and no way in hell would I support Mr. Dump. At least not as he is now..in a video that Lady Gaga shared showed a much more mild mannered Trump so maybe if that version of him was running I might consider it. I use the word "might" because it could have been an act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
You're out of touch dookie boy (nice username). I never said the current adminiatration. The past 25 years of politicans have decimated the middle class job market by selling out the country to the highest bidder. I am a millennial and every one of my college graduate friends are working crappy jobs. These people are paying attention this election. You can choose to believe whatever you want.
The president generally has little power and for such a limited power job it is truly difficult. Why do you think presidents come out of office with grey and sometimes even white hair. They're not even that old! Unless the president has specifically insulted Americans I can't fault them for what happened. You have to consider who is in Congress. They are the wizard behind the curtain and even then it's not just them. It is employers and other voters. One person can do nothing which is why I've been powerless but if that many people were outraged why did they not try to ban together to change things?
Also what makes them think Trump is going to strive to change things for the better when he insults people? If you're part of his elite sure he might support you but if you god forbid suffer a brain hemorrhage causing you to have a mental disability do you think he's going to care then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections