Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 02:42 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,735,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Go tell the average CIA ops officer that Clinton is an expert on China and they will laugh in your face. She doesn't even speak Chinese for crying out loud.
Your response to my posting did not address what I wrote. Please read what I wrote again, and then, if you care to post a reply to what I wrote, please do so:

You're being abusively, recklessly and baselessly dismissive of valid information. The reason why so many of the most respected foreign policy experts in the country are behind Clinton is for the very reason that she is, without exception, the most qualified person ever to seek initial election as POTUS with regard to knowledge of the nations of the world, in the context of the responsibilities of the POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 02:59 PM

1,400 posts, read 868,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Your response to my posting did not address what I wrote. Please read what I wrote again, and then, if you care to post a reply to what I wrote, please do so:

You're being abusively, recklessly and baselessly dismissive of valid information. The reason why so many of the most respected foreign policy experts in the country are behind Clinton is for the very reason that she is, without exception, the most qualified person ever to seek initial election as POTUS with regard to knowledge of the nations of the world, in the context of the responsibilities of the POTUS.
Nice pivot, but remember, this thread is about the speeches she gave for Goldman Sachs. Give it up, she was not uniquely qualified to give those speeches, that is not even debatable.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:03 PM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
that is not even debatable.
Because you cannot debate it. She was uniquely qualified. You just don't like it.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Heck, even Jon Huntsman would have been far more qualified to give those speeches, lol.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:08 PM
bUU

You are incorrect. Clinton is more qualified than Huntsman with regard to global economics.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You are incorrect. Clinton is more qualified than Huntsman with regard to global economics.
If you honestly believe that, then there really is no point in continuing this conversation. Good luck

Old 10-25-2016, 03:18 PM
bUU

It seems that there was no point in beginning the conversation since you seemed from the start intent on ignoring Hillary Clinton's credentials and qualifications no matter what.

Regardless, the crux of the matter is that desperation is prompting people to try to find something negative to throw at Clinton, and this is just another example.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:18 PM

26,636 posts, read 15,195,538 times
Quote:
For the same reason they pay anyone with knowledge and experience to give speeches.

Yes, yes, Wall Street companies have paid her a combined millions of dollars to give speeches that she won't make public, because she is so knowledgeable - yet she can't give simple answers to basic questions when interviewed by the FBI. Speaking of emails, WikiLeaks show that Wall Street was buying influence - quick scream Russia!

Old 10-25-2016, 03:20 PM
bUU

Thank you for making so clear so soon after I mentioned it how desperation is prompting people to try to find something negative to throw at Clinton.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
It seems that there was no point in beginning the conversation since you seemed from the start intent on ignoring Hillary Clinton's credentials and qualifications no matter what.

Regardless, the crux of the matter is that desperation is prompting people to try to find something negative to throw at Clinton, and this is just another example.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman_Jr.

Quote:
Under President George H. W. Bush, Huntsman was Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce for trade development and commerce for East Asian and Pacific Affairs. In June 1992, Bush appointed Huntsman to become U.S. Ambassador to Singapore,[13] which he was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate in August.
Quote:
In January 2001, after George W. Bush took office as President, the Washington Post reported there was a strong possibility Huntsman would be appointed U.S. Ambassador to China.[17] In March, he reportedly turned down the nomination to be the U.S. Ambassador to Indonesia.[18] On March 28, Bush appointed Huntsman to be one of two Deputy United States Trade Representatives in his administration.[19]
Quote:
President Barack Obama nominated Jon Huntsman to serve as the United States Ambassador to China on May 16, 2009, noting his experience in the region and proficiency in Mandarin Chinese. His nomination was formally delivered to the Senate on July 6, 2009, and on July 23, 2009, he appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,[43] which favorably reported his nomination to the full Senate on August 4, 2009.[44] On August 7, 2009, the Senate unanimously confirmed Huntsman

Checkmate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections