Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 02:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,451,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
SAME. No way in hell they went through 650k emails. Even with programs to scan. It would take hundreds of agents. Which is not possible....
This..is 2016---since the E-Mails were all ready in digital form..a simple comparison program would have separated the duplicates in a few hours--this just in: computers are fast.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:07 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,725,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don't think Comey was motivated by anything. I don't think he gives a hoot about the elections.
Perhaps, perhaps not, but regardless he made irredeemable errors in judgement.

I was under the impression that the FBI director's 10 year term means that an incoming POTUS cannot fire and replace ... I've since learned that I was mistaken. The POTUS can fire Comey. There need not be any accusation of wrong-doing on Comey's part. It's sufficient to say that Comey is now damaged goods.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This just sucks.

They screw Hillary and then say oops?

Comey should resign. The FBI and Giuliani should be investigated.

And that loudmouth lying Trump who has been smearing, slandering and spouting absolute fiction for the last week about Clinton, owes her a YUUGGGE apology.
How did they "screw Hillary"? She knew nothing was going to happen, Bill was told this on the Tarmac in Phoenix and nothing has changed. Lynch and Co. went after Comey publicly telling him DON'T YOU DARE. He didn't and won't.

Comey needs to be fired, he is certainly now a neutered leader with NO credibility, the FBI needs to be throughly gone through and people tossed out.

Hillary is certainly NOT screwed, the AMERICAN PUBLIC IS SCREWED by how all of this has been handled from Obama on down to the rank and file FBI.

ROFLMAO that ANYONE would think the FBI or DOJ would do anything to actually damage Hillary. As she's said It's HER TURN after all...

Old 11-06-2016, 02:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,966,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
650,000 emails can't be processed that quickly in a law enforcement investigation. The FBI owes everyone (both sides) some explanations about what's really going on there.
I am one person, untrained to study documents, and there are days I've received over 100 emails. I don't know how many agents Comey had working on this, but nearly every email was a copy of one already read and reviewed. Many of them weren't even related to the case. Some of them were personal.

Anyway, just do the math. Even if only 3,000 agents worked on this investigation, it would take much less than 2 weeks to read as many as a million emails. Seriously, what you're saying makes no sense mathematically. I'm one person and just read about 200 posts in a couple of hours. Sit down and read some posts or emails for 8 to 10 hours and multiply that by hundreds (maybe thousands) of people.

I'm currently listening to Kellyanne Conway and your logic is just as irrational

Old 11-06-2016, 02:08 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,537,089 times
Except the reports were they were not duplicates. Did the FBI say they were duplicates? FBI finds emails related to Hillary Clinton's State Department tenure - CBS News

Old 11-06-2016, 02:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,822,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The review of the emails from Weiner's computer was going to take "weeks", yet the review is now "done" in a few days and Hillary Clinton is absolved by the FBI.

Excuse me if I am extremely skeptical of this miraculous, warp speed finding. The corruption runs deep, deep in the Federal Government.
He said weeks when he was planning to do it with his usual staff. After the outcry he announced he was calling in more agents from other offices and they'd try to get it done as soon as possible.

If you write the script and run it to find duplicates, find that most of them are, and you have many people on hand to review the leftovers than yes, you can get it done quickly.

Not that this will stop the conspiracy theories though.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:09 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,987,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post

By the way, pay no attention to all those popping sounds you'll hear in the distance if you step outside.

KellyAnne is falling apart

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/us...ald-trump.html

Quote:
And Kellyanne Conway, Mr. Trump’s campaign manager, responded to Mr. Fallon in a post on Twitter.

“Then why did you, your colleagues, and your candidate attack Comey and his credibility?” she asked.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:10 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,884,920 times
Another phony Clinton Email scandal bites the dust.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:11 PM

10,119 posts, read 6,471,999 times
Oh, this is rich. For all of the posters who don't think that 650K emails could have been processed in that short a timeframe, I'm sure that if something incriminating had been found, you would have believed it then! I guess your belief in the validity of the process only depends on the outcome?

Old 11-06-2016, 02:12 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times
Default BREAKING: FBI announces new emails reveal nothing new, no further action to be taken

FBI: Review of new emails doesn't change conclusion on Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

There it is folks.

Comey admits he still has nothing to charge her with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections