Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 08:14 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not sure how you can lie about something that is recorded, and easy to see for oneself. Trump was wrong about the context and should correct that. Obama was condescending about the protester but that is ok, protesters know they will not be well received.
What on earth are you talking about? Obama told his crowd to respect the protester's right to free speech and the fact that he's a veteran. Please watch the video of the event again. At no point did Obama disrespect the protester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 08:18 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not sure how you can lie about something that is recorded, and easy to see for oneself. Trump was wrong about the context and should correct that. Obama was condescending about the protester but that is ok, protesters know they will not be well received.
You live in a different/alternative universe.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:24 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
If we can't him to get this easy observation correct without lying, what can we expect with important responsibilities?
We already know what happens when Hillary is in charge of important responsibilities, so who are you suggesting?

I don't like Stein or Johnson, however, I respect anyone that would vote for either. On the flip side I cannot fathom how anyone with common sense that has done a little research could vote for Hillary.

Comparing the lies is like comparing lying about not brushing your teeth to lying about stealing a car.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Obama did lose control and I am surprised the Obama Brown shirts did not drag him out. Actually this is a same event and you Liberals do the same thing as you are doing now. Trump is going to win .
Here you go folks, the exact example of a Trump supporter who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about, simply spreading blatant lies.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:51 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I have yet to see Trump flat out lie to the FBI, or to congress, or to the CIA..when he does, get back to me and we will compare notes with Hillary doing all that as a member of government.
So you're saying it's okay to flat out lie to the people? When they can immediately look at a video and know you're making stuff up out of whole cloth?

You are a perfect Trump supporter.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:06 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,884 times
Default Obama has something to say to Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DNuv2vdt8

Old 11-07-2016, 09:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm more sad that Trump supporters don't care about Trump blurring truth and lie so blatantly.

Look at this case, for example. Everyone knows Obama is a gentleman and would never do what Trump claimed he did. And there's even a video proving that Obama absolutely did not do what Trump claimed he did. And yet, Trump supporters cheered and roared in support of such a blatant lie.

Added by edit.

Here is a video of what Trump said Obama did.

He tells them what they want to hear.
No other explanation.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Cool. Thread merging is fine, the Mods here seem to do a good job of keeping the place afloat.
Usually, I catch it before I post it, this time I didn't, and I usually report myself.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
We already know what happens when Hillary is in charge of important responsibilities, so who are you suggesting?

I don't like Stein or Johnson, however, I respect anyone that would vote for either. On the flip side I cannot fathom how anyone with common sense that has done a little research could vote for Hillary.

Comparing the lies is like comparing lying about not brushing your teeth to lying about stealing a car.
Can we compare her lies to the lies that led to the deaths of 4,500 in Iraq? That was an important responsibility IMO. The people who told those lies were rewarded with a second term.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:51 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When has President Obama every lost control? Even when a Congressman shouted "You lie" he kept his cool. I am often surprised to see how cool this man really is. The whole point of this thread, however, is that Trump didn't even retell a story and exaggerate or embellish it. He took an event and totally lied about what happened, even though it was recorded, because he knows his supporters won't bother to check out the real facts.
Like many others in this thread, well stated.

And then there's this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Obama lost his cool and looked like the idiot he is. He thought he could get the crowd to obey on command. The crowd wouldn't listen to him and he got angered because it made him look like the feckless leader he is. His legacy is one of failure and lies. An inanimate object has shown more leadership than he has.
This is the result of being so delusional, you'll literally convince yourself of anything, even when it's nowhere close to the truth. You literally have video evidence in front of you that contradicts everything you say, and you say it anyways. That's why Trump thinks he can get away with what he does.

And, just like a typical Trump supporter, completely ignore and deflect from the actual issue at hand.

The truth is right there, but they don't want to see it, because of the mental and physical crutch Donald Trump has become in the lives of those who are consumed by fear, hate and failure.

And I wish I could be surprised, but I should've known the rest of his supporters who post on this forum 83 times today are too spineless to show their face in this thread.

The above might sound harsh, but the truth really does hurt sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections