Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 09:52 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
For speaking out against crime ?
No for refusing to pledge his electoral vote to the nominee that the voters choose.

Be careful what you wish for here. Do you want a bunch of Never Trumpers refusing to give their electoral votes to Trump after the American voters fought so hard to win a victory in a given state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2016, 10:04 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,829,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
He should be removed as an elector.
Would you be saying the same if it was a red state elector who did the same for Trump?

Old 11-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 28 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,564,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Would you be saying the same if it was a red state elector who did the same for Trump?
I would.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
If any "Never Trump" Republican electors decided to do this the RIGGED election conspiracy folks on the Alt-Right would have a nuclear meltdown....but its okay if its a Dem, right?

Old 11-05-2016, 10:11 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,263,958 times
This is the reason I never liked this electoral college. I can understand why some people on this thread are upset.

However IMHO in this particular case, if this elector is a former Bernie Sanders supporter I can understand his reasoning given the way the Democratic Party leadership was unfairly turned against Bernie by the Clinton machine.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:13 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,890,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Hillary violated a lot too
HRC is the face of Organized Crime!

Old 11-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 28 days ago)

29,594 posts, read 16,564,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
This is the reason I never liked this electoral college. I can understand why some people on this thread are upset.

However IMHO in this particular case, if this elector is a former Bernie Sanders supporter I can understand his reasoning given the way the Democratic Party leadership was unfairly turned against Bernie by the Clinton machine.
So his logic is " i got cheated, so I will cheat" ??

Mind you, Bernie didnt get cheated, but since when has 2 wrongs made a right ????

Old 11-05-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Yes. If Trump wins a state he should get ALL of the electoral votes that he is entitled to for that state. And God only knows how much I want that man to lose.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:18 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,663,728 times
Quote:
I am a Bernie supporter, but I never understood the "DNC screwed us" argument.

Bernie is not a Democrat, so why would he expect the DNC to treat him fairly when he was running against a Democrat? He only ran as a Democrat because that was the only way he could win the presidency.

Would anyone expect an independent candidate to be treated fairly by the RNC if he/she was running in the Republican primary against Marco Rubio? I wouldn't.

Old 11-05-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:

Bernie was NEVER going to win the nomination....even Bernie knew that to be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections