Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 10:47 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,305,691 times

Advertisements

A Vietnamese-American Republican Delegate from Georgia says he will not vote for Donald Trump and may refuse to cast his vote in the Electoral College for Trump if he carries Georgia.

Full statement from Mr. Vu released this morning.

Quote:
"I’ve been active in the Republican Party for many years precisely because it has championed the aspirational ideals of Lincoln, Reagan and Kemp. Our recent standard-bearers have proudly and honorably defended those ideas on the political battlefield. From Bush 41 to Romney to Jeb and many of the other 2016 primary contestants, there was never a wavering doubt as to their character, integrity and temperament.

“Until now.

“This is the Republican Party of Lincoln and Reagan and Romney and Ryan, not the Party of Donald Trump. As a 2016 Presidential Elector, I am forever grateful to our state Party and our Chairman for bestowing this once-in-a-lifetime honor on me. I take my role seriously and in the face of the difficult choice before us, I will always put America First over party and labels.

"Thus, I will not be voting for Donald Trump in the general election. My conscience is clear but my soul is being tested. Born in Saigon, my family knows what it is like to lose a country and my family is forever indebted to America and our allies. I have never questioned the soul, character and goodness of the Nation by who we have chosen as our leader throughout history.

“Until now.

“Rather than earning the American people’s respect and trust through the duration of the past year, Donald Trump’s antics and asinine behavior has cemented my belief that he lacks the judgment, temperament and gravitas to lead this Nation. Throughout the process, he has hurled insults at our heroes and their families, denigrated the disabled and praised dictators. Forget political incorrectness, this is simply despicable demagoguery.

“In this time of global challenges, we will succeed only if we come together. We’ve done it before, from the courthouse steps of Appomattox to the days after Pearl Harbor. And to my Republican brothers and sisters in arms, politics should be a honorable sport. Rather than fighting to defend the indefensible, let’s live to fight another day.”
Georgia does not legally bind their electors to the winner of the popular vote.

Georgia Republican says he might withhold electoral college vote from Donald Trump | Political Insider blog
by Taboola Sponsored Links Promoted Stories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 05:22 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Just another biggot.

Meg Whitman doesn't vote for Trump because she favors job outsourcing which Hillary also supports.

On the radio a lady said she just lost her HP job last week and HP mostly hires foreigners who are cheaper or sips jobs abroad. She had 3 more years before retirement.
Very sad.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:28 PM

25,973 posts, read 22,164,069 times
He has resigned so there is "no might withhold" Georgia Elector Resigns After Publicly Refusing To Vote For Trump (VIDEO) As an American-American, I say, good riddance!

Old 08-03-2016, 05:30 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,853,796 times
If Trump was more articulate in his delivery of words, offered more substance during his press conferences and wasn't so brass he wouldn't be on the front page of most major newspapers or news websites being criticized. Trump had plenty of time to grow up and improve his image without having to be politically correct. Where were his advisors??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections