Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 06:17 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I take the opposite view of Donald John Trump. I think he will do fine should he lose, say gracious words (for him, at least), etc.

Mr. Trump had stated at one point that he would fight to the end; that he did not want to reflect and think that he did not give it his all in the final weeks, leaving 'effort on the table'. He has not done that. I have been impressed with his energy over this last week. No one can say that he would have lost, if he does, due to lack of effort.

I also imagine that Mr. Trump will rather enjoy, over the next four years, of being on the outside and of being able to say "I told you so", when various events happen (terrorist attack, etc.). He will frequently feel assured that he was 'vindicated in the end'.

He will perhaps start his own TV station (since he was 'fired' from the Apprentice, I imagine he would love to start his own station), write books (well, ghost-written), and perhaps command high speaking fees. He will also work diligently to shine up the tarnished 'Trump Brand', which has taken a bit of a hit.

In short, he will take losing graciously (to the surprise of many, including some of his supporters), shake it off, and continue with his life.
If he loses, can we all stop calling him "Mr." Trump? We've all watched the Apprentice way too long.

Mick

Old 11-06-2016, 06:22 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Hillary will hold her election night party at the Javits Center in NYC.

Trump has booked the Hilton hotel in NYC for his party??? WTF! Was Motel 6 not available?
I'm surprised he didn't book it at his new Washington DC Trump hotel or one of his other hotels.

I hear there's room.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
If he loses, can we all stop calling him "Mr." Trump? We've all watched the Apprentice way too long.

Mick
I prefer Loser Trump or 2016 Presidential Loser Trump.

Or better yet, the first man ever to lose to the first elected woman President of the United States Trump.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:25 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
I'm surprised he didn't book it at his new Washington DC Trump hotel or one of his other hotels.
It is surprising he didn't book one of his own spaces. This whole campaign they've been using his spaces to host events, and then those spaces charge the campaign, often for 2-3 times what it would have cost at a Hilton or Marriott.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:39 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It is surprising he didn't book one of his own spaces. This whole campaign they've been using his spaces to host events, and then those spaces charge the campaign, often for 2-3 times what it would have cost at a Hilton or Marriott.
That's what I've read.

So why not use a Trump facility now?

Anyone know?

Old 11-06-2016, 06:40 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
He's definitely had a couple of public tantrums when there has been bad news for him in polls, and when he had to leave debates that even he knew he lost badly.

But just how bad will it be on Election Night?

I think it's 50/50 whether he even comes out in person for his Election Night event. The fact that he's already planned it as a small, "intimate" event shows that he doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of a big crowd when he loses.
I think he will definitely throw a temper tantrum. He'll also announce a legal challenge to any state result that is under 5 pt win for HRC citing 'within margin of error' thus recount is a must. And then he'll ask his supporters to sign up for TrumpTV -- coming to a channel near you!

Old 11-06-2016, 06:41 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
That's what I've read.

So why not use a Trump facility now?

Anyone know?
I've not heard any logical reason for that. Maybe if he loses, he does not want to taint the Trump brand? This is just as bizarre as the fact that in the waning days, he is stumping in Minnesota, where he has absolutely zero chance of winning. Is he beginning to lose it?

Old 11-06-2016, 07:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking My take...

Quote:
How big will Trump's tantrum be when he loses?
I think Drumpf may actually be kind of restrained after the beating he gets. I have little doubt that the RNC will be trying to keep him slightly this side of insane. They know that what he says and does in the wake of his humiliating defeat will reflect directly on them and their efforts in upcoming elections.

Carry on.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
He will use the noun "movement" a lot making it seem like he's done something positive for our country.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:14 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,697,086 times
He won't lose.
The dumb, blind and deaf Hillary supporters will be whining that the election was rigged.
Read the latest Wikileaks regarding an island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections