Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 10:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
Breathing a sigh of relief so I can continue with my normal routine instead of watching politics 24/7. Lol. And keeping it simple...I'm home today so may go to the movies and eat out. Most of my family voted for Trump in the primaries and yesterday of course, and now to see him become the next President is just amazing
Yeah I hear you. I got too wrapped up in this election especially towards the end.

It will be interesting though to see what happens from now until the Inauguration.

At least the debate and question is over , so there is relief in that sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 11:01 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
I am working...but had a martini to top things off last night.
I look forward to hopefully less business regulations, and thankfully less of a risk for an increased tax rate for my family.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:02 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
my whole office is celebrating, finally got rid of Hillary.

its a new day, new rules.....

we finally need to take care of us, and only us.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:23 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Trump International Hotel?
ha, that would have been appropriate but no, the bellagio.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:29 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
How did you celebrate or how do you plan to celebrate ?

I just took the win as matter of fact. I'm glad he won. This country needed it actually.

The celebrating doesn't come until I see the tide turn in this country and the infrastructure of what made America a great country to begin with come back.

I think with Trump there's a chance if he dislocates the stronghold of the special interest groups running the show.

I know 100% for a fact that we would have continued our nations decline and moved toward globalism over national sovereignty with a Clinton presidency.

I'm not so sure how our country would sustain this continual decline.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:32 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
I laughed a whole lot on election night...got only a couple of hours of sleep because I was too happy to sleep despite how tired I was.

I worked, read the forum, worked some more, watched a youtube video, worked more, read more on the forums, worked, watched more videos, worked...it sounds dull but with how flippin happy and RELIEVED I am, it's been enjoyable.

The day after, once I stopped working, I went to the store and I got the all the extra "fancy" ingredients to make myself home made stir fry, no mixes, no packaging, even got the authentic noodles - first time doing it fully scratch - and it turned out so freaking good that I'm thinking I should open up a Chinese restaurant. It could be in honor of Trump since he's so fond of "China, China, China".

Old 11-10-2016, 09:35 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
I am reading a ton of articles online. I'm also a fan of celebrity news, and Beyonce, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, and Lady Gaga thought their celebrity would help Hillary win, and the fact that it didn't, so many of them are now crying and distraught. I am relishing in their misery.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:39 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Working, nursing a hangover. Had a few too many last night. First, I was drinking because of nerves. After, in celebration.
Nailed it-me too. Hell of a ride-sure beat watching the Superbowl. And being from Buffalo...the ending was a lot sweeter. But 3 hours sleep and a hangover made the work day rugged. But with such an amazing feeling of relief.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:46 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
I don't celebrate really. I'm just hopeful. I don't think Trump will get everything on his list done, but I think he will get a few important things done. You have to realize that every politician wants to do more than they can. He's not a dictator. I just expect progress and for him to work hard for the goals he stated. I think that will happen.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Same way I voted, quietly while pealing the shame and guilt flung on me.

Thing with me is, I don't wear it.

You just cannot shame somebody else. Shame is internal, and there is none for me. I observed the Clinton supporters along the way and have empathy for them.

It's not their fault. The Media, entertainment industry, Clinton administration, Obama administration, special selfish interest groups, Washington DC etc. Duped them all.

This about sums it up, feeling sorry for those who were sucked in by the Clinton machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections