Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 09:00 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

I wonder if he will continue with the daily news briefings with a room full of media. I would stop that practice or reduce it to one day a week.

I wouldn't give CNN any more access than necessary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I guess the right doesn't like a free press. Tf they had the choice they would follow their idol Putin and censor the news and jail their opponents.
Right? LOL

Hillary's supporters now say the media cost her the election.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:12 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
I guess the right doesn't like a free press. Tf they had the choice they would follow their idol Putin and censor the news and jail their opponents.

And what choice did you choose to follow when you wrote that, and actually posted it?

CN

Old 11-10-2016, 09:16 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Part of having a "free" press is having an impartial press (or at least a balanced press), which CNN clearly is not. I have more respect for MSNBC as they are straight forward with their leftist agenda than I do for CNN, which is clearly a leftist organization but tries to come off as being purely unbiased.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:20 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Part of having a "free" press is having an impartial press (or at least a balanced press), which CNN clearly is not. I have more respect for MSNBC as they are straight forward with their leftist agenda than I do for CNN, which is clearly a leftist organization but tries to come off as being purely unbiased.
No, it isn't. That's an expectation that the press mostly created for itself and that we do expect from them and that they are failing pretty miserably at. It is not part of having a free press, however. Breitbart is part of the free press. They are clearly not unbiased. That doesn't mean they do no have a right to freedom of speech and that Obama should set his FBI goons on them.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:45 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
You people are unbelievable.

If Trump bans CNN and other leftist media all the owners gonna do is set up a right-wing Pro-Trump media and they will still make money. Or they might invest their money in other ventures.

The only people that would be affected by that decision is Americans who won't have a way to keep their president in check. If all the media we get is pro-Trump we will never find out what decisions he is making against our well-being.

You people are giving up your liberties so easily. Are you that star-struck?

Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You people are unbelievable.

If Trump bans CNN and other leftist media all the owners gonna do is set up a right-wing Pro-Trump media and they will still make money. Or they might invest their money in other ventures.

The only people that would be affected by that decision is Americans who won't have a way to keep their president in check. If all the media we get is pro-Trump we will never find out what decisions he is making against our well-being.

You people are giving up your liberties so easily. Are you that star-struck?
I said replace CNN. There are only so many reporters you can allow. CNN doesn't deserve it. There should be plenty of media availability for more trustworthy outlets.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The press is never impartial

I watch news from 6 different countries and news channels always have a political agenda. If possible it's best to watch both right-wing and left-wing media to get all the information.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I said replace CNN. There are only so many reporters you can allow. CNN doesn't deserve it. There should be plenty of media availability for more trustworthy outlets.
The state should NEVER EVER EVER censor the media. That's what freaking dictators in developing countries do. Don't freaking like it? Don't watch CNN. No one is forcing you to watch CNN.

Did you ever hear democrats saying Obama should censor Fox or Breitbart? Seriously what is wrong with some of you people? Imagine what consequences that could have had if indeed Obama would have done that. Don't you people believe in the constitution anymore because you are star-struck with your new president-elect? I guess our founding fathers fought for nothing since Trump is so great we should give up all our liberties.

"Give me liberty or give me death" Patrick Henry.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:06 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The state should NEVER EVER EVER censor the media. That's what freaking dictators in developing countries do. Don't freaking like it? Don't watch CNN. No one is forcing you to watch CNN.

Did you ever hear democrats saying Obama should censor Fox or Breitbart? Seriously what is wrong with some of you people? Imagine what consequences that could have had if indeed Obama would have done that. Don't you people believe in the constitution anymore because you are star-struck with your new president-elect? I guess our founding fathers fought for nothing since Trump is so great we should give up all our liberties.

"Give me liberty or give me death" Patrick Henry.
Pot, meet kettle:

Fox News: WikiLeaks Exposes Media's Ties to Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections