Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times

Advertisements

No.

The biggest losers of all time are the ones STILL crying about the outcome 2 weeks later with no signs of stopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 10:09 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I believe Trump was the only R who could beat Hillary. All the others were government business as usual, with no fresh ideas. Only Trump had the balls to call it like he saw it. He stomped her, and rightfully so. He's still stomping the media and hopefully, will spend the next 8 years stomping lobbyists and the many government entities that need to be phased out.

Our government is bloated beyond imagination. I hope Trump sticks a huge stick in it and lets the putrid decay escape and flow away.
Excellent writeup.
I think Kasich would have also beaten Hillary. Most or all of the other ones would have lost because as you said, they offered nothing except being an establishment R and a career politician.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Let's not forget that super duper ground game that the polls don't account for...we were beat over the head with the "fact" that her margins were 2% higher than polls indicated. Hehe.

Hillary was like trying to force America to eat a turd.

Actually in Presidential elections Dems typically outperform polls. She proved the exception.

I think the FBI late announcement on emails cost her a couple of points. But that was an unforced error on her part for even setting it up to avoid FOI inquiries. So her team have to own that one a little more.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:04 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Excellent writeup.
I think Kasich would have also beaten Hillary. Most or all of the other ones would have lost because as you said, they offered nothing except being an establishment R and a career politician.
Not a chance. Every R with an ounce of sense thought Kasich, with his nervous tic, was a joke not worthy of a second glance. Voter turnout would have been at an all time low. Yes, liberals and libertarians somewhat liked him, but against Hillary, he would have gotten a record no-votes.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:15 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
The biggest loser of all time has been the American working class over the last 30-40 years. They will continue to lose until the U.S. reaches third-world status.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The biggest loser of all time has been the American working class over the last 30-40 years. They will continue to lose until the U.S. reaches third-world status.
Isn't that the goal of the Democrat party?

Old 11-22-2016, 11:35 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,968,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Excellent writeup.
Kasich probably would've been competitive. It's tough to visualize how the other matchups shake out because Trump was both the strongest and weakest candidate the Republicans had at the same time. Cruz I think would've lost. Rubio might've been competitive. Jebb would've lost. Rand Paul would've lost.

Replace Clinton with Sanders and I think the map gets bluer across the board. Sanders would've gotten that 2008-level monster youth turnout, but the right would obviously turn out very hard against him out of fear. I think Sanders would've had better odds against Trump than Clinton did, but he might've struggled against someone like Kasich or Rubio who could potentially steal the center away.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:47 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,032,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Well basically, yes.

I still can't believe people thought she was actually going to win.
But, but, but...Trump had NO PATH to victory.

The morons who fall for snippets and mini-slogans they see and hear on TV can always be spotted. They use silly little word bits like "no path", "alt-right", "blue wall" and so forth. Empty headed little dimwits, and easily ignored. But it's sure fun to laugh and point at them.

Yep, Hillary's the biggest loser. E.V.A.R.!

Old 11-22-2016, 03:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Kasich, Rand Paul, and Rubio could have beaten Hillary as well I say

Old 11-22-2016, 04:46 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hillary really is the biggest loser of all time.

She was rejected by her husband likely their entire married life.

She was rejected by the voters in 2008, losing to a political neophyte.

She was rejected by the voters in 2016, losing to a political outsider.

But what makes this loss even more crushing is that Hillary knows there is no "next campaign". She's done. Game over. She will likely fade into obscurity, provided she doesn't find herself answering questions about the Clinton foundation.

A fitting ending to the loser known as Hillary Clinton's life would be to spend her final days locked up in a federal penitentiary.

And she was rejected by her hair stylist after the election! Good Gawd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections