Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 07:00 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah. I'm sure that must be it
Like I said, rust belt rural whites have a big say and they don't like women!

Old 12-06-2016, 07:01 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
How do they make Rust Belt babies ?

Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Even though a month has passed since the election, I still find it rather difficult at times to believe that Hillary didn't win. Since she started her campaign in april 2015, I emotionally devoted a lot to her campaign and she was consistently the front runner in all betting markets until election night. It was really traumatic for the past month to have come to realization every morning that she won't be the president.

I reckon a lot of you don't like Hillary because of her so called scandals that make you think she is a horrible woman, but all of them have been rebutted or at least unable to be proven true. I think whether you think she is linked to corruption or not, you should at least appreciate her effort to fight for the middle class, children, families and basically those who are struggling. She really deserved a chance to serve as POTUS and I believe America made a grave mistake not electing her especially she won 2.5 million more votes than the president elect. She really should have won.
We-ll, three things convinced me not to vote for her.

First, the way the primaries were conducted. If they would cheat like that on one of their own, what would stop them from cheating on the general population.

Secondly, when either she (or one of her people that she did not counter) declared that the primary was over while there were still state elections to go. Someone who disenfranchises hundreds of thousands of people does not thrill me.

Finally, it was when she declared me and thousands of others of people enemies because we exercise our Constitutional rights.

She didn't do anything to bring me and probably others to her side. Quite frankly, she did the opposite.

Now, if she hadn't done that, I might have voted for her as well.

But nutshell wise, she did a terrific job shooting herself in the foot.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:35 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Even though a month has passed since the election, I still find it rather difficult at times to believe that Hillary didn't win. Since she started her campaign in april 2015, I emotionally devoted a lot to her campaign and she was consistently the front runner in all betting markets until election night. It was really traumatic for the past month to have come to realization every morning that she won't be the president.

I reckon a lot of you don't like Hillary because of her so called scandals that make you think she is a horrible woman, but all of them have been rebutted or at least unable to be proven true. I think whether you think she is linked to corruption or not, you should at least appreciate her effort to fight for the middle class, children, families and basically those who are struggling. She really deserved a chance to serve as POTUS and I believe America made a grave mistake not electing her especially she won 2.5 million more votes than the president elect. She really should have won.
I didn't like Trump or Hillary. I still don't know for certain who would have been worse for America out of the two of them.

I think this is the most emotionally invested and smugly self assured of victory we've seen any candidate and their supporters in a very long time. I think the reason the loss stung liberals so badly is because they were so sure they had already won. All the experts were in agreement on that fact. this thing was over and Hillary was going to win.

We've got a lot of lessons to learn from this election. A big one that I hope that liberals learned: Stop calling the opposition racist and evil and misogynistic and fascist. Stop trying to silence them by showing up at their rallies and meetings and lectures, then shouting some pointless nonsense repeatedly and loudly in order to silence them. (That's a Hitler Youth tactic, FYI.) Stop treating everyone who doesn't think like you like their garbage. Stop unfriending and/or blocking everyone who on social media because they "betrayed" you by voting for the other guy. The polls haven't been this wrong since Truman beat Dewey and they're wrong because people intending to vote for Trump got in the habit of not admitting it in order to avoid public ridicule. They had good reason to do so. Lots of people were physically or verbally assaulted just for saying that they supported Donald Trump.

One big reason she lost is because she represented a direct continuation of Barack Obama's presidency. People have been losing their jobs in droves under Obama's watch. The Democrats seemed completely oblivious. Something needed to change in a big way and Obama's policies weren't helping them. Another reason she lost is that Hillary did not represent change. Campaigning on change gets your supporters excited like we saw with Obama in 2008. Another reason she lost is because she and her supporters portrayed all white American men as a class of oppressive, entitled, misogynistic monsters responsible for an endless list of oppressive behaviors. How can you connect with white working-class men and tell them you're there to help them when your campaigning on the idea that they're all monsters?? Another huge reason Hillary lost is because of her sense of entitlement. She acted like it was her God-given right to be president and that seriously annoyed a lot of folks. Nobody has a right to be President of the United States. Not for having a vagina or a penis or a popular last name. You have to earn the right to be POTUS. Another reason she lost is that she didn't really accomplish much worth mentioning as Senator or Secretary of State. Another reasons she lost is the "basket of deplorables" comment. Another reason she lost is the statement that you should have a public and a private persona -- in other words, success as a politician is all about being two-faced and lying to your constituents. She lost because of the email scandal. She lost because was unapologetically corrupt. She lost because the average American didn't believe that she actually cared about them.

More than anything, we learned in 2016 what we already learned in 2008: Hillary Clinton is just a lousy candidate for President of the United States.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:47 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
This is the problem right here. If they voted for Hillary, then they're forgiven and blessed. If they voted for Trump then their sexist and evil and racist and oppressors.

I currently work as IT support for a couple of auto manufacturing plants in Illinois. Both plants are closing at the end of the year and their jobs are all going to Mexico. Did you stop and think that maybe that was why rust belt whites (and black and Hispanics too BTW) voted for Trump?? They voted for the guy who promised to fight to get their jobs back.

And by the way, rust belt blue collar workers are not rural. They're quite urban. You can't even hope to win any Rust Belt state without a lot of votes in the cities, and that's exactly what Trump got. The rural voters across the entire nation have been voting Republican since before most of us were born.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
I don't know man... I devoted too much to the Clinton campaign for the past 1.5 years. it's very difficult to cope with it... >.<"
Here you go.

Serenity Prayer

Old 12-06-2016, 08:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:

My God I wish you would stop repeating yourself here, over and over and over and over and over.

Get over it, and create some purpose for your damn life.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:02 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Default Fabricated fake news were what caused Hillary the election! Our democracy is at peril!

Hillary Clinton Talks Fake News, #Pizzagate: 'Lives Are At Risk' : NPR

Low info voters were tricked into believing Breitart, Faux news, other fishy websites when LARGE volume of fake news about Hillary were poured in during the campaign cycle... humanity has sunken so low when people are really willing to "invent" information to frame someone. It's a sad day in modern history !

Old 12-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Sniff
http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...urt-blame.html
They never learn

Old 12-08-2016, 06:12 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
That's the problem with the internet.... it's a tool that enables everyone in the world to be as smart as they want to be, but it also makes it easy for people to be as stupid as they want to be. When you have a country where 60 million people are already stupid enough to think Donald Trump is an acceptable candidate for the Presidency of the United States, and give those 60 million people access to a tool that makes it easy for them to be as stupid as they want to be, the country is doomed.

And I'm not just making that up, either. I saw it on the internet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections