Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times

Advertisements

There is a rousing discussion after the article in the Wall Street Journal about Bernake's testimony with lots of readers comments who evidently saw Ron Paul questioning Mr Bernake. At least it indirectly gave RP an opportunity to get some media coverage and for people to see how honest and how right he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 10:32 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,967,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think that Paul as usual just took the time to makea speech rarther than question bernanke.Not unusual especially in the house. They tend to like to hear themselves more than the senate.
What is he supposed to ask Helicopter Ben?

The Fed will continue to print money and implement reverse communism regardless of what RP asks. That is, redistribution of wealth from the working class to the financiers through inflation.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
You maybe right with pauls inability to engage in give and take he probably couldn't get off his scripted message.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:12 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times

YouTube - Ron Paul Interview on FOX Business Channel 02/28/2008

Paul on Fox Business this morning.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You maybe right with pauls inability to engage in give and take he probably couldn't get off his scripted message.
Well there are times for give an take, and in the case of an election bid, he does certainly need to be more, "give and take" as you say. That being said, there is also something important about staying on message. What if Martin Luther King was more give and take instead of staying on message? Would he have been as effective?

I for one am glad that at least one person is on message and repetitive, as most Americans don't assimilate any information unless they are told a million times and it becomes fixed in their minds. His views are in my opinion very valid and worth listening to. If for no other reason than they are an important piece of a greater puzzle that seems to be ignored by most politicians today.

You and I may disagree on the messenger or even the specifics of the message, but I think we could both agree that things like monetary policy are important and probably should be discussed more frequently than they are, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Great clip Paper, thanks.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:24 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Great clip Paper, thanks.
That's one of the smartest interviewers I have ever seen on a Fox station. She calls out Bernanke for describing the stagflation we're experiencing while not saying the word. Panic is what they're concerned about. Global inflation, stagflation, decreased savings due to falling or negative equity in their homes. It's a bad situation.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:59 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,299,663 times
The only slight disappointment for me from the interview is that Ron Paul mentioned the connection with production, or the lack of in the US, only once.

Certainly he did mention it, and in exactly the right context, but I think this aspect of the discussion needs the same amount of attention as debt-driven consumption and the debasing of the currency.

After all, a ratchet up in domestic production is the glass half full, is the way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections