Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:48 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
those rust belt white folds are very happy; sorry some still can't stop the moaning and groaning.
Hmm. 10s of 1000s of jobs already announced due to Trump.
  • Ford
  • US Steel
  • Sprint
  • Carrier
  • Dow Chemical
They are quite happy. And Trump hasn't even taken office yet.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
And that is precisely what is destroying this country. This isn't sports, Gomer.
Not exactly, left wing policies and the pussification of our children are what's destroying this country. Thanks for the compliment.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:56 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,370,331 times
Poorly educated rust belt whites, huh.

I hate to say it, but the inner-city minorities the college snowflakes, and all the SJW's aren't exactly a basket of geniuses. They all bought a load of BS dished out by Hillary Clinton, so they really have no room to criticize anybody eles.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
those rust belt white folds are very happy; sorry some still can't stop the moaning and groaning.
Why are they happy? And if they are, it just goes to show how easily they are sold a lousy bill of goods.
Quote:
During the campaign, Trump tells his people, ‘I’m going to take care of you. I’m going to take care of the middle class. I’m going to take care of middle America, the rust belt.’ He swept it in the election, and all of those people who voted for him were conned once again.

Either way, these people who thought that Donald Trump was going to be some sort of economic populous were absolutely conned. Donald Trump told them that the economy was rigged and he was going to fix it. Well, he’s right. It is rigged, and I guess by fix it, he means make it even more rigged because that’s what he’s working on.

https://trofire.com/2016/11/17/trump...-will-serve-1/
He threw them a bone that will eventually be used to hit them over the head...

Quote:
Carrier CEO: Indy Investment Will Help Automate Factory

As part of its deal with President-elect Donald Trump to retain some Indiana jobs, Carrier pledged to invest $16 million dollars in its Indianapolis factory.

But that investment will go toward automation, according to Carrier parent company CEO Greg Hayes.

Carrier CEO: Indy Investment Will Help Automate Factory

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-13-2016 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: copyright violations

Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I don't know but we're finally get the respect we deserve in the world.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:32 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. 10s of 1000s of jobs already announced due to Trump.
  • Ford
  • US Steel
  • Sprint
  • Carrier
  • Dow Chemical
They are quite happy. And Trump hasn't even taken office yet.
That steel mill in Haverhill Ohio put on hold I heard is now a go maybe the Sun Coke expansion too if AK Steel in Ashland Ky fires back up.Russell Yard and the Big Sandy branch might re-open if big coal comes back with Trump.Then my son can get his 6 figure job back at CSX railroad of happy day!

Old 12-13-2016, 09:46 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It is very ironic and I guess those rust belt white got exactly as they wished!

Congratulations, Daywalk!! You've finally made it to Stage 2 of the Kubler-Ross model!! Glad to see you've finally moved past denial, and are now firmly in anger! Anger can sometimes be manifested as wishing vengeance upon those you see as the source of your pain. Only 3 more stages to move through!

Old 12-13-2016, 10:38 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. And the very same folks right here on C-D who berated Clinton for her ties to Goldman Sachs are now cheering as Donald fills his cabinet with those very same people. And what's more, they are incapable of seeing the disconnect in logic there. Proving yet again that the cult is too stupid to be trusted with anything that requires cognitive skills. Not that it needed any further proving.
Trump's version of skipping the middle man. Just put the shills in charge of the Treasury Department and Econ Advisory Boards - let them undo all regulations and corrections from our country's housing, banking crises.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It is very ironic and I guess those rust belt white got exactly as they wished!

Those "basket of deplorables" VOTED for Trump's rhetoric, not the person. Remember, they're mostly uneducated and didn't know any better.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:17 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Trump's version of skipping the middle man. Just put the shills in charge of the Treasury Department and Econ Advisory Boards - let them undo all regulations and corrections from our country's housing, banking crises.

Who were the chairs of the Senate Banking Committee, and House Financial Services Committee when the mortgage meltdown occurred? Hmmm... Chris Dodd, and Barney Frank, respectively. Those two committees were responsible for the oversight of the two Government Sponsored Entities (GSEs) at the heart of the sub-prime mortgage crisis (Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac) that began the recession. President Bush asked them for additional oversight of those two entities on numerous occasions, and was told repeatedly, that all was well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections