Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2016, 07:59 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Proven wrong WHEN? The prosperity will be for the top 1%, the rest of us will be screwed.

Say Good-Bye to eight years of growth.
Obama vision was very limited in success. Obama was too worried about globalization and exporting jobs abroad to be a better world partner BS

Trump has already secured jobs and having a corp rate that is good for all. TPP is dead, thank God!

When you get your best job and actually working 40 hours with real growth al of Obams promises are a bad memory.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:02 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Reagan was a huge success for the non-poor majority; and a miserable failure for the poor minority. As a near-poor rent serf, the Reagan tax cuts made me worse off because my tax cut was more than offset by five rent increases in five years. Reagan even got Congress to adopt the insane policy of effectively imposing a 100% penalty on welfare recipients who had the audacity to EARN INCOME.

Trump will prove to be a miserable failure for the rent serfs of America, and will unite the left in opposition.
No one cares about your situation because you are a whiner and a person who refuses to do anything to improve yourself. Just stating a fact.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:07 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's clear - you never liked Trump and only troll here tearing him down. Who exactly did you want for President? Whose fault is it the coal miners don't have their jobs anymore? Who was it that said she would put the coal miners out of work?

Really sick of your rants when it was the Dems that signed NAFTA and most other trade policies that have put so many out of work here in the US. Do something to change the situation instead of b***ching about it all the time - you're all mouth and no action. All you know how to do is complain and that's why I put you on ignore a long time ago.

The man isn't even in office and has done more than any other President elect before the inauguration.

What rants have I gone on tearing Donald down. None. If you put me on ignore a long time ago then why are you responding to me now LOL I don't put anyone on ignore because I value all opinions even of I don't agree with them

Old 12-25-2016, 11:09 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Unskilled workers don't have a well-defined promotion path.
Sure they do!
Unskilled worker I
Unskilled worker II
Unskilled worker III
Etc.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:09 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Obama vision was very limited in success. Obama was too worried about globalization and exporting jobs abroad to be a better world partner BS

Trump has already secured jobs and having a corp rate that is good for all. TPP is dead, thank God!

When you get your best job and actually working 40 hours with real growth al of Obams promises are a bad memory.
Are you talking about Carrier? Trump did nothing but took credit.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:12 PM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
"The people hit the hardest are a lot of the demographics that went heavily for Trump."

"Others who didn't take Trump literally may soon face the same dilemma. The Urban Institute estimated this month that under the partial repeal plan previously passed by Republicans in Congress, 30?million people would lose insurance, 82 percent of them would be in working families and 56 percent would be white. Among adults who would lose insurance, 80 percent don't have college degrees..."

"Many of the functions that would necessarily face the ax under Trump's promises — job training, education, child-care assistance and the like — benefit groups that were Trump's strongest supporters. The cuts would disproportionately hurt red states in the South, mountains and plains that receive far more in federal spending than they pay in taxes...

"Such actions, undertaken by Trump and his Cabinet of billionaires, bankers and business tycoons, could cause some of those working-class Trump supporters to regret that they didn't take Trump's campaign utterances literally."

—Dana Millbank column, Salt Lake Tribune

Policies like those promising to come out of Trump's Cabinet don't look too good for the working class.
All that poorer Trump voters could see was the wall (and promise of mfg jobs which will probably never return in real numbers). The wall will probably never get built but that will be overlooked by supporters.
This would be laughable of it weren't true. Liberals either don't get it, or refuse to get it. I'm hoping it's the latter, because I'd hate to be surrounded by people with the intelligence of a potato.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump, even though he is not in office yet, has accomplished more that Obama did in eight years: Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract By Investing.com. Democratic policies are killing American jobs.

If Trump succeeds in 'creating' more jobs; it will encourage employers to again pay more, offer permanent positions, benefits and respect to their employees - that is what competition does when there are more jobs and fewer employees.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:00 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

Hundreds of their jobs are staying now that were going before he got involved. The reason is UTC understood those billions in DOD contracts might be at risk if they moved the jobs.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:47 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley_Dawson View Post
Give me a break! The economy is stronger than ever.
In about two weeks or less I will start my eighth year as a temporary worker for the same employer. No benefits and I get laid off twice each year for a month or two each time. I am in a position where it doesn't bother me because I am retired. But I see many young workers in the same predicament and they do need the benefits and security. You keep telling yourself that the economy is strong and overlooking the vast majority of Americans and you never will win another election win! Obama created somewhere around 10 million temporary jobs - not a great track record!

Old 12-26-2016, 08:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Another lol to yours. You call down liberal media, I call down the far right. Sort of titt for tatt, yes?

American elections go waaay back (in case you anti-education folks missed the history lessons), and media left and right have been calling elections both incorrectly and correctly for eons.
Titt for tatt? Nope. I go with the winners.

I don't quote the "far right" and your attempt at insult (anti-education) demonstrates that you lack argument based on fact or logic. I have a masters in electrical engineering. If you want to go "titt for tatt" level of education, I will be glad to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections