Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 06:41 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times

Advertisements

Lessons are for learning. Democrats should have listened to and tried to understand the surprise trump vote and voters. Instead of listening, they are double downing on the insults and acting as if they and their view on life is superior. Huge mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 06:48 PM

772 posts, read 390,761 times
Totally agree.

The dems are out of touch and clueless.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:52 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Lessons are for learning. Democrats should have listened to and tried to understand the surprise trump vote and voters. Instead of listening, they are double downing on the insults and acting as if they and their view on life is superior. Huge mistake.

Well stated. Accurate.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:54 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
The Dems are doubling and tripling down on stupid as their bought master (Soros) is leading them to their destruction. I'm almost ready to believe Soros is a Republican plant, I could never have foreseen the Demorats falling so precipitously....they have snatched defeat from the hands of victory and are working their way to be slaughtered.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:49 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
It's really been eye opening for me. I expected depression and disappointment for a while over the results in November. Then I expected introspection to achieve greater understanding of what went wrong, and how the party could regroup and retool a new message to win voters back next mid-terms and next presidential election. I couldn't have been more wrong. The Democrat Party has no leadership of consequence, no introspection, no message, and they are in free fall. They have so little self-awareness right now, that they don't even KNOW that they are in free fall.

There's just blind, toxic anger floating unformed around the country. Not a winning strategy for 2018,

Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
What I find fascinating is the koch brothers opposing Trump. That should tell you something right there. And believe me those voters won't make the same mistake next time.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Politics is poison now. Yes, the Republicans did it too when Obama was in office yet the Democrats have managed to make that feel like a sweet memory. It doesn't seem like it's even about difference in opinion or policy, it's about moral superiority and that's just not the case! People may respond to the former with well reasoned argument, but are repelled by the later because there is absolutely no ground to for them to stand on..

Old 01-31-2017, 09:34 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Politics is poison now. Yes, the Republicans did it too when Obama was in office yet the Democrats have managed to make that feel like a sweet memory. It doesn't seem like it's even about difference in opinion or policy, it's about moral superiority and that's just not the case! People may respond to the former with well reasoned argument, but are repelled by the later because there is absolutely no ground to for them to stand on..

Republicans did not want "fundamental change" of our nation.

We don't need a new foundation.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
I'm sure you've all experienced it, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, having the unfortunate experience of a liberal trying to ram their point of view up your ass.

It just happened to me tonight. I vowed to avoid politics with this person. The TV was on in the background, then Trump came on TV, ooooh Nooooooooo ... her mouth started flapping as she forcefully spouted what she though, she was getting madder and madder even though everyone else was just looking at her not saying a word, we then tried to calm her down, then trying to get away from her. Then she went stopping off mad, we all looked at each other as if to say, well that was a freak show .

Do these people realize that when they act nuts like that people are watching the freak show instead of listening to them?

Last edited by petch751; 01-31-2017 at 10:15 PM..

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I think you have a tug of war going on.

You have the old guard who has the money and the political power and presence. That's Soros, David Brock from Media Matters, the Bill Ayers types... They do protests, and Saul Alinsky methodology. Because they have the money, they just buy protesters and think tanks and they operate in that realm. Obama is there as well... also many long term propaganda media personalities. They are in meltdown mode. Actually, Obama could probably function on either side of this as long as his ego is stroked.

There is a new guard out there trying to break through. They want the old guard to step aside. Many of those are in the Sanders wing. I don't think they are melting down, but they don't have the weight to break through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections