Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:48 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Ha! Y'all are 5 months ago.

It's called Denial, which is NOT a river in Egypt.

I wish we could go back 5 months to see Trump do it again.
Yes, another massive celebration and win for our nation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If I could go back to 1992 and buy Qualcomm and 1997 and buy Chicos and 1986 and buy Microsoft. Heck if I could go back to last week with the winning Powerball numbers.
The only problem in this case would be that they would still be stuck with the losing "number" Hillary and thus the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Do you REALLY want to watch Hillary get smashed up on election night all over again? Wasn't it painful enough the first time around?

You gotta be careful what you wish for.
Many of us would enjoy that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
He posted elsewhere he'd like an election re-do with Cruz instead of Trump.
And then, after Cruz beat Clinton, I wonder which GOP candidate would be up next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don't think Sanders would have won either. I know the free tuition promise for the young ones but not the over 30 or 40, not that many would want to pay for that.
Sanders never got a chance to really showcase his ideas the way Trump did. I was really hoping to see a debate between the two candidates. I did watch the morally, mentally and physically Clinton debate Trump as I knew what she stood for, everything that I oppose, everything!

I believe that Sanders would have done very well. After being encouraged by someone in the forum to view his youtube videos, and having some background in economics/business, I thought many of his ideas, though needing tweaking, were doable. Together Trump and Sanders would have made an awesome team.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:32 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
5 months ago on October 1st, 2016...

Coming out with a strong performance from the 1st debate and debuting doubts about her health, Hillary's poll numbers were rising and she was the clear favorite to win the election.
- She could do anything she can to stop Comey from releasing the letter at the end of the month.
- she could save the tape of trump talking lewdly about women
- she could have ditched Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina and focused campaigning in just the 8 closest states: Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Maine.

I wish we could just go back in time for 5 months!!!

Travel back in time to see her lose once again.

A glutton for punishment I see.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:56 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I wish I could go back 5 months, too. Watching those election returns come in was SWEET !

It was terrific. Vids on youtube are fun to watch again and again.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:48 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then I guess you'll have to go all the way back to our Forefather's time to argue your case.

"Ahem, yes, thank you all for coming. Hi, Mr. Madison, good of you to be here. I'm here today to make a plea that you don't allow an electoral college to decide who wins because I don't care about each state having a say. All I care about is that in over 200 years, a female is going to run for president, and despite how corrupt, angry, dangerous, and what a liar she is, I want her to win. If you don't, I'm going to mope around for MONTHS after she loses. Bigly."
And most of the argument will go unheard, as it will be drowned out by riotous laughter at the point where he states the bolded. Probably most of them dead from resulting heart attacks, too.

Or the OP would get walloped by a dozen buckled shoes thrown at his head.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 03-06-2017 at 03:59 AM..

Old 03-06-2017, 03:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Or did she?

She can relax while The big Cheeto messes up constantly. Or Pence and her can discuss emails.

Ahhh how the table turns.
Raena, I'm not right about everything, but I do know this: Hillary lost.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Maybe you could go back 18-24 months and convince your party to nominate a better candidate.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Maybe you could go back 18-24 months and convince your party to nominate a better candidate.

More like a decade. When Dems lost 1,000 seats, hey lost the ability to develop new talent. Retreads are all they got.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:34 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Or at a minimum, liberal media not feeding their viewers a lot of horse poop fantasy about Hillary winning the election. I think the liberals thought what liberal media said was some sort of binding contract with their viewers promising the win?

I don't think they had a choice when it came to nominating Hillary, death list is already more than 80 people...........

Old 03-07-2017, 10:46 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
OP I wish I could go back in time every day. I've been saying the greatest birthday present you could give me one year is a time machine. I'd change a lot of things in my life. Such is life. We would probably also have to go back further because there is nothing we could possibly do when Hilary had way too many skeletons in her closet for people to want to vote for her. To this day I still don't understand the big deal with the emails but it was a big thing for other Americans for some reason.
But we can always look at the bright side...look how much this moron is causing people to rise up. Have you ever seen such protesting in your life? It's beautiful how so many people are fighting for what they believe in. Sad it took such an awful man to do it but at least it's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, if Hillary had won, she would have been just as polarizing as Trump. It was a no win situation with either one.
True but at least we would have someone who had a level head and the experience to do the job.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:13 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,448 times
If I can rewind 5 months back, there are lot more important things to redo than presidential elections. End of the day it doesn't matter either it is Hillary or Trump. It is the same play with different actors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections